"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

I am trying to cancel ADRs for a trip in November that we cancelled

I can’t see the ADRs online so I call. CM can’t find them either

She told me that since they were in late November to just wait and cancel them in early November since all of the “enhancements” should be done by then. She gave me a helpful tip to write it in my calendar ;)

Anyway thought I would share. Whatever they are doing now sure is something. My sympathies with people trying to actively plan trips now and having issues

:drinking:
Wow. That is just wrong. Disney has to figure out why the app & web site aren't properly linking to whatever database holds our data.

It seems that it’s been working out in the with minimal impact in the end but you can’t help but worry.

Not to mention all the extra time it takes to accomplish what should be simple tasks. There shouldn't be so much stress involved with booking a vacation. Especially for what we’re paying.

This is without a doubt some of the worst software I've ever seen...and yet, some posters want us to believe that this is typical and issues happen.

Mike

I agree. Disney should be paying us to bear with their unreliable way of booking trips. Took me hours about 6 weeks ago. I didn’t give up but it’s lucky I didn’t have an appointment that day. What do people do who work full time?

I think the posters who think this is typical may have drunk a tad too much of the magical koolaid :drinking1:drinking1

Last edited:

I agree. Disney should be paying us to bear with their unreliable way of booking trips. Took me hours about 6 weeks ago. I didn’t give up but it’s lucky I didn’t have an appointment that day. What do people do who work full time?

I think the posters who think this is typical may have drank a tad too much of the magical koolaid :drinking1:drinking1
Can I just say I love this post!:love::rotfl2:

Is appears my ADR's are back, the ones I cancelled that reappeared are gone again, and my FP+ are back.

What other issues in MDE should I also check to make sure they have been fixed as well?

Just when I thought everything was ok again.... I got my DME confirmation and luggage tags in the mail.

Guests are correct and my flights are correct but its the wrong resort - with the correct confirmation number. Ugh - the correct resort is showing up on my MDE so I am not going to call, we are only bringing carry on bags so I don't need the luggage tags anyway.

Just when I thought everything was ok again.... I got my DME confirmation and luggage tags in the mail.

Guests are correct and my flights are correct but its the wrong resort - with the correct confirmation number. Ugh - the correct resort is showing up on my MDE so I am not going to call, we are only bringing carry on bags so I don't need the luggage tags anyway.

That’s a new one on me. I think I better go check mine.

Last edited:
I have to say, MDE was worthless for anything other than confirming what I had today in AK. Trying to change things or look for something new was pointless. Both on the WiFi and without it couldn't ever connect. I'd get new photo pass notifications but it could never find the photos. I'm going to try online back in the room now to see how it is.

Once I get back to the resort...it works fine. Sigh. More WAPs, better bandwidth Disney.

Last edited:

I have to say, MDE was worthless for anything other than confirming what I had today in AK. Trying to change things or look for something new was pointless. Both on the WiFi and without it couldn't ever connect. I'd get new photo pass notifications but it could never find the photos. I'm going to try online back in the room now to see how it is.
So sorry to hear this. Sounds like you were not able to book a fourth fastpass? Could you book or change ADR’s? I wonder if it was an AK thing or all parks?

Couldn't do anything with FP or Dining in the park. I can fine back at the resort. I had better reception in Epcot last night.

I think the posters who think this is typical may have drunk a tad too much of the magical koolaid :drinking1:drinking1
Agreed!

I can only assume MDE/web site has issues again today.

I cannot view my plans using any method.

Mine's been broken since last night. Firefox, Chrome, Chrome Incognito, cleared cookies, mobile browser, app, deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing. I can't get it to work at all. I missed the FOP FastPasses yesterday because nothing would load.

Mine's been broken since last night. Firefox, Chrome, Chrome Incognito, cleared cookies, mobile browser, app, deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing. I can't get it to work at all. I missed the FOP FastPasses yesterday because nothing would load.
The only way I've been able to get it to work for the past week is to use Microsoft Edge. I tried Chrome, Chrome Incognito, Firefox, and IE. Edge is the only thing that worked...not really sure what that means, unless it's currently written for Edge. I didn't try the app though.

However, my DW has been able to access MDE using Chrome on her laptop. I don't know why her's works and mine doesn't.

Mike

I can’t load any of my plans either using the web site.

Entertainment is not supported in app.

MDE Fails again!

I can't pull up any of my plans today. I have a reservation I need to cancel because I made a new one. Their site is seriously frustrating lately...moreso than usual. I tried safari and chrome and incognito chrome and the app. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter