Disney Wedding Prices

alexlynn7

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are thinking of getting married in late April, May, or June 2005. I am doing the research way in advance because I will be very busy with school starting this spring... Anyway, I love Disney!!!! I've looked at all the websites and even downloaded the unofficial Disney wedding guide book. The information is plenty, EXCEPT no one gets into the nitty gritty of pricing! For example, there are some parts of the "lavish" wedding that I would want, and some others (like the fireworks and coach) that I wouldn't need. So I have no idea how much my dream wedding would cost! HELP!

Here are my questions:
- What kind of dinner do you get for $100 per person? How much does it cost to get the "lavish" type dinner?
-How are flowers priced? Candles?
-What is the price difference between Disney and outside photographers and videographhers?

Etc., etc. If any of you could share the price breakdown, I would appreciate it! I am trying to figure out whether we can swing this, and am having a hard time finding the info I need...

Thanks!!

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

- What kind of dinner do you get for $100 per person? How much does it cost to get the "lavish" type dinner?
We got married at noon and our cocktail hour started at 1pm, so we only had a $75/person food and beverage minimum. One important thing to remember is that this is for food and beverage - so you don't necessarily have to have a dinner that costs $100/plate. We chose a $60/plate meal, our reception was at the Living Seas, so it came from the Epcot catering menu. We had a plated meal with ceasar salad, herb chicken breast, salmon filet and beef tenderloin (all three meats for each person), horseradish mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. The meal was excellent - many of our guests commented that it was the best reception food ever!

-How are flowers priced? Candles?
Flower prices are not above or below average (a little on the expensive side), but we had no complaints. We used candles at our reception instead of floral centerpieces. The were about $10/table and looked great.

-What is the price difference between Disney and outside photographers and videographhers?
We did not have a videographer, but did use outside photography. We used Randy Chapman - his prices were by far the best. Disney is way overpriced in my opinion, and I was not impressed with their work that I viewed online.

Marne
06-16-03

alexlynn7- I have my billing overview paper work from my recent wedding in May. If you would like to contact me via my email address I would be more than willing to help you out with how they charge things and prices on certain things. Just to let you know I had 21 guest not including myself now husband and daughter and our total bill for food at the reception with open bar (not including cake) came to 2,551.00. This is including taxes and service charges and catering fees.
We had the following for food
Salad:
Bibb Lettuce
with Herbs, Edible Flowers, Micro Greens and a warm Goat Cheese Scone Passed Rosewater Vinaigrette

Main Course
Maine Lobster Tails
Filet Minon with Lemon Beurre Blanc sauce
Potato Basket Filled with Roasted Garlic Mousse
Baby Vegtables which was carrots and asparagus

the children had the following
Medley of Greens
Italian & Ranch Dressings
Chicken Fritters with Dipping Sauce
French Fries with Ketchup
Buttered Corn
Pizza Pillows with Marinara Sauce
Brownies & Cookie

We opted not to have dessert since we had cake and we were holding an Illuminations dessert party. Which I thought was smart due to everyone feeling stuffed after the meal.
The drinks that were consumed were a mixure of hard liquor bear wine and bottles of Fairytale Cure. Ninety five glasses of mixed drinks and beer and wine to be exact and 4 bottles of champange.

My wedding cake was 8.50 per person with a min of 50 persons. So that total actually came to 559.13 with tax I had the solid white chocolate castle on top which was an additional 100.00 that is why the total came to 559.13. \

Flowers:
Done by Dinsey were beautiful
I had one large lavender and off white rose round bouquet with stems wrapped with ribbon for me. One medium size lavender and off white rose round bouquet with stems wrapped with ribbon for my daughter, 3 boutineres and 2 corsages as well as tulle with lighting around the cake table the head table and under all my centerpieces. Also had chair covers with lilac ribbon and napkins tied with matching lilac ribbon done by the Rosie the Florist. The total cost for everything done by Floral was 1,052.14

We had hair for 3 people and makeup done for 2 people and the total cost for that 240.00

We had a caricature Artist for 3 hours was a cost of 455.00
The Disney DJ was 1,170.00
and Mickey and Minnie come for 1020.00 this is all non taxable

We also had a major domo carry our rings for us and announce us in our reception which cost 600.00

As for videography I went with STVS. They were awesome and I highly recommend them. You may view a demo of my video at www.stvsweddings.com/gallery Im sure you will be impresses with them as I was. My demo is the one that says Ellie and Louie, May 3 2003. I viewed 2 Disney videos and was not AT ALL happy with the quality or the creativeness of them.
I did not have a photographer due to my father in law being one but I have heard and seen wonderful pic done by Randy Chapman.

There were many other items I had as well however too many too list. If you would like to contact me feel free to do so. Good Luck and I hope you have your disney wedding.

Our dinner came from EPCOT's catering menu also. We had Cesar Salad, Lobster Bisque, a plated dinner of Petite Filet Mignon with Carribbean Spiced Shrimp and roasted potatoes and a green veggie - I believe some kind of squash. It was outstanding. For dessert we had wedding cake. We also had an hour of reception before the meal (while DH and I had pictures taken with best man and maid of honor) which were 3 cold and 3 hot items we selected off their menu. We served 2 kinds of punch, soft drinks, coffee and tea throughout the evening and sparking grape juice during dinner. We did all of this for about $85/per person.

My flower budget came out around $1100. I had a bride and maid of honor bouquet of red roses, white tulips and some other red and white small flowers, an alter arrangement which was moved to the head table of the same flowers, DH had a white rose, all other men had red ones. Moms and Grandmas had red carnations arranged in greenery with ribbons. For the aisle we had tulle bows with a single red rose in the center of each (they moved these to the reception too). We had flower rings for the candle centerpieces that were in our Living Seas Lounge already of more roses, and they did the cake table with a ton of roses and greenery. The flowers stayed really nice throughout the rest of the next week - my Mom kept them in her room. What I loved was it didn't matter what kind of flowers I wanted - they made sure I had them.

We used Disney for photography. We liked the pictures, but they lost our order. To apologize they gave us the negatives for both the wedding pictures and the portrait setting we did in EPCOT 2 days after the wedding. It was a resolution I was happy with, and we have lovely pictures.

For video we went a different route. My maid of honor was flying from Phoenix with me. She was engaged, and he was a friend of ours also. We bought him a ticket to fly down with us and paid for their hotel room for the nights of the rehersal and the wedding. He took video all through the evening, and since we were close he knew who was who, and what things were important to us. It was a great deal for us - much less expensive than hiring someone and we have a great tape and got to have him there for it all too.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone for taking the time to share their information!! I am excited to see that I will probably be able to afford my Disney wedding! Now I just have to convince my boyfriend...

:)

Hi all,

I am haveing my wedding at the disneyland hotel
may of 2005 and I have done tons of research on this.

Thus far our weding is going to cost about $22,000.00....

If anyone has questions about the Disney fairy tale weddings please let me know. I have gone to the hotel and taken the personal tour of the hotel and have been assigned a personal coordinator.

In reguards to the $100.00 per person
this is just a minimum expenditure per person.

for example my wedding per person

hors d'oeuvres $12.00
dinner $45.00
cake $9.50
beverage & open bar $34.95

total --------------$101.95

this is what the $100.00 dinner plate means.

I hope this help any of you.

let me know if you have any question.

Regards,
Michael

Hey

I am in the same boat as you....not getting married until 05/06 and am starting to research now (b/c of school and work..and LIFE!!)

If you want to share info..letme know and we can email.

Have you recieved any of the brochours yet? or the video?

they dont explain in detail and thats what i am looking for...details.

I am having about 21-25 people probably.

Brooke

Ellieb, Can I just say I watched all those videos and I sat here with tears running down my face and I don't even know you or the other couples in them. I think the videos are beautiful and have forwarded them to my daughter who is thinking about getting married in Disney in 2005. She is thinking about the garden area of England in Epcot! Thank you for sharing your precious day with me. I hope you are as happy every day as you and yours are on your wedding day. Now if I can just toughen up before my daughters get married, I'll be ok. I don't want to cry!!

Originally posted by Eggleboo
Now if I can just toughen up before my daughters get married, I'll be ok. I don't want to cry!!

I tried not to cry on my daughter's wedding day ~ it didn't work
laughing-smiley-004.gif
When you see her start down the aisle, there's just so much emotion inside of you ~

I thought back to the day when she was born and I held her in my arms...

Best of luck to you and your daughter
nature-smiley-008.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter