Disney Wedding - Need a sitter

Originally posted by sha_lyn
Wasn't it at the Kindercare (although it might have been a different chain)near WDW that a child died 4 or 5 yrs ago from abuse? The parents left the kid for a few hours for an adult meal. Came back and was told the child was asleep. Turned out the child was dead (shaken baby syndrome I think). It was all over the news, and 20/20 or Primetime did an in-depth story on it.

Could you please find and post a reference to this incident? I could not find it anywhere I looked.

Just spoke to sis. She's down at Disney now making wedding plans. Rev Herring is her Rev for the wedding. I mentioned to her about his wife sitting. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!!

Fairy Godmothers is also an option....thanks to all who posted.

We had the same situation a few years ago when my sister got married at Disney. My DD was 6 and in the wedding but NO other children were invited! Our twin boys were 2 at the time. This was my sister's wedding and her choice. I don't feel that it is right to take children to a wedding if they are not invited. The food for the reception was very expensive and my parents would have had to pay for all the children if they were invited!

We stayed in a 2BR Villa at the BW and had 2 in room sitters for 4 kids. They watched my 2 boys, a 5 year old cousin, and 1 1/2 year old. This worked great for us! They brought age appropriate toys and games for the kids. They even managed to get them to nap! The ceremony was at the wedding pavilion. Myself & daughter were both in the wedding so we were very busy all day. The reception was at the BW so different parents checked on the kids throughout the reception. All the kids were allowed at the reception for the last hour.

We had a great experience with the in room sitters!

Terribelle,

Funny...this is almost the exact scenario we have. Ceremony at the wedding pavillion and reception at the BW....also staying in a 2br BW Villa......all 3 kids in the wedding and invited to the reception......

We may do the in room sitter for a few hours after the reception..... thanks for the note.

THe VWL Five,

My sister's wedding was wonderful! We all had a great time. Make sure to let the planners know if you have any special things that you want to do. Our planner got us reservations at the Cinderella's breakfast the morning before the wedding. We had the table directly in front of the window.

The VWL Five your welcome!!! Rev Tim Herring was our minister for our Vow Renewal a couple of weeks ago. We seriously considered having his wife watch our children so that we could do some adult things afterward. The only reason we didnt use her is that my ILs decided to come up for the renewal and they took the kids for us.

I have never used any of these. But I am looking into kidsniteout for our Oct. trip. I saw that offer a sitter to come with you. Maybe hire someone to chase them for you. Just a thought probably not appropriate at a wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter