Disney was Packed

Rhody73

Earning My Ears
We have visited Disney and stayed on their property at least 15 times over the past 40 years. I have never seen crowds this larger but understood February 22 would be a wild month. We were myself and my wife, daughter, son-in law and 10 and 6 grandchildren. Here are a few miscellaneous observations:

Our kids did 2 days at Universal and 6 at Disney. Overall, they found the Disney crowds more manageable and their "ticket" system better then Genie/Lightning.

We stayed at French Quarter and even though the front desk said it was sold-out, the crowds at the resort were never a problem Have stayed at Riverside several times but FQ was really good.

House-keeping was listed as every other day. We had 2 rooms and instead of 4 house-keeping visits we got 1. When we called , they responded fairly quickly by delivering fresh towels and we had to gather up trash and leave outside door. One of the house-keeping staff said they are very short-handed.

We did find the food court staffing to be good and the food okay when we used it.

I found the Disney bus system to be very reliable transportation. The boats seemed to struggle though.

I see a lot of posters complaining about so many people looking at their phones rather than seeing where they are going. Success at managing larger crowds means relying on a lead person to navigate wait time using their phones. But it does get chaotic mid-day with huge crowds moving from one land to another while dodging a myriad of scooter and strollers.

I though when they announced it and still feel that charging for resort guests to pay for overnight parking is pure corporate greed. I am sure pay toilets is next on their agenda.

Being a retiree, I do feel for the young families who have to pay the exorbitant prices that Disney charges. It is such a great family vacation place but I think some young families are being priced out of the market. But the demand is through the roof so prices will continue to rise but unfortunately service continues to decline.

Just got back from a week at French Quarter (21-28 Feb). Loved it.

As for being "sold out," I think that depends on how you define the term. I just don't think there is any way every room was occupied. I'd be willing to bet that they were sold out of every room they have made available, and I'm guessing that's about 50% of capacity.

We were in room 4134. Wow, SO close to the main building.

Love POFQ! Ever since the Contemporary was defiled with all things Incredibles, POFQ is our favorite resort.

Great point. As we were checking in on 2/23, the front desk clerk at FQ said they were expecting to sell out that night but maybe they use less than 100%. But I never found the Food Court to be chaotic and seemed well staffed. I know on 2/28 my daughter trued to change her reservation from MK to HS and they said HS was sold out. On 2/25, one member of our party did not reserve Epcot and they were sold out but since the rest of the family was already there, they let her in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter