Disney Vlogs

Hide and Seek was pretty epic. I think whoever designed that one must be a fan of Jet Lag: The Game and similar YT competitions because while the premise was simple, they clearly put some thought into the game mechanics.

Agreed! And I keep wondering who developed their App for the Monopoly games. It's pretty sophisticated.

I agree about Adam Hattan's cruise videos all being the same. He's better with a companion (Gary C or any of the others. I love when he joins Cheers Ears).
Yes, the whole vacation he did with Cheers Ears was a very good one. Probably the best in 2023. I am less of a fan when he is travelling solo and has random friends joining him for a few hours or a day. They are his friends, who do not vlog, so a. They do not have the experience of a regular vlogger on how to explain things they see/do, and b. because we do not know these people.

The thing about vloggers is you get to know them, their habits, what they like, inside jokes. But if a random person joins for a day, then that person almost distracts from the vlog.

And another thing I have noticed with Adam is that over the years he got a better income and could upgrade his trips. Started with economy flights and Pop Century and now does premium or business class flights and Deluxe resorts. For cruises from porthole cabins to concierge.

Which is great for him, but he does tell people that he is looking for good value for money, and I think "are you?".

He did the Greek Isles cruise, which is never great value on Disney, as there are so many cruises in this area and as a European, you can quite easily do it as a land trip. But during the trip, he discovered that he had paid $2.500 more for his cabin than his travel partner. And then didn't research his room properly. He was under the deck or something else that created some noise.

Same with his trip to Disneyland California, staying onsite. In the wrap up he said "this was not good value for money", with his experience, and travel style, he should have been able to predict that.

Yes, the whole vacation he did with Cheers Ears was a very good one. Probably the best in 2023. I am less of a fan when he is travelling solo and has random friends joining him for a few hours or a day. They are his friends, who do not vlog, so a. They do not have the experience of a regular vlogger on how to explain things they see/do, and b. because we do not know these people.

The thing about vloggers is you get to know them, their habits, what they like, inside jokes. But if a random person joins for a day, then that person almost distracts from the vlog.

And another thing I have noticed with Adam is that over the years he got a better income and could upgrade his trips. Started with economy flights and Pop Century and now does premium or business class flights and Deluxe resorts. For cruises from porthole cabins to concierge.

Which is great for him, but he does tell people that he is looking for good value for money, and I think "are you?".

He did the Greek Isles cruise, which is never great value on Disney, as there are so many cruises in this area and as a European, you can quite easily do it as a land trip. But during the trip, he discovered that he had paid $2.500 more for his cabin than his travel partner. And then didn't research his room properly. He was under the deck or something else that created some noise.

Same with his trip to Disneyland California, staying onsite. In the wrap up he said "this was not good value for money", with his experience, and travel style, he should have been able to predict that.

You know, I usually say that I don’t follow Adam Hattan for information, but more so just to get that feeling of being on Holiday with him. I’ve definitely seen him give out some miss information before. With that said, once in a blue moon, I do actually learn something from watching his Vlogs that I don’t see on any of the others: probably because he doesn’t research as much. He’s not always doing things in the way that all the other vloggers are. I have found some of the lessons (good and bad) that I learned along with him to be rather valuable.

I noticed a couple of vloggers posting this week about the toxic nature of vlogging and the fanbase as well as other vloggers.

Always wondered about that, they are all in such a rush to be first and have no issue getting ahead of us regular folks as well as other vloggers in any way they can.

Also the issues with folks livestreaming from the parks and acting like they are more important than the regular guests. The whole "I'm an influencer issue".

I've seen it occasionally on a live stream and was a bit surprised. They were having a technical issue and got very short with someone just saying hi. I get that your stressed, and this is your job, but for all you know that is someone who sends you a $20 super chat on a regular basis. And no I don't want a bag for your overpriced white label coffee.

My biggest issue with them has always been that the review stuff they get for free and I always wonder if they would feel the same if they had to pay for it like the rest of us plebs.

One was even complaining about some of the fans showing up at his house, standing in front of his house and causes issues with his family. What is wrong with people?

The other basically said I am going to do whatever I like and to go away and un-subscribe if you don't like it. Yeah its that easy.

I noticed a couple of vloggers posting this week about the toxic nature of vlogging and the fanbase as well as other vloggers.

Always wondered about that, they are all in such a rush to be first and have no issue getting ahead of us regular folks as well as other vloggers in any way they can.

Also the issues with folks livestreaming from the parks and acting like they are more important than the regular guests. The whole "I'm an influencer issue".

I've seen it occasionally on a live stream and was a bit surprised. They were having a technical issue and got very short with someone just saying hi. I get that your stressed, and this is your job, but for all you know that is someone who sends you a $20 super chat on a regular basis. And no I don't want a bag for your overpriced white label coffee.

My biggest issue with them has always been that the review stuff they get for free and I always wonder if they would feel the same if they had to pay for it like the rest of us plebs.

One was even complaining about some of the fans showing up at his house, standing in front of his house and causes issues with his family. What is wrong with people?

The other basically said I am going to do whatever I like and to go away and un-subscribe if you don't like it. Yeah its that easy.
Yeah, I think Adam The Woo was rambling about his fan base complaining about his content? I’m not sure about that because of the rambling. Lol.

And PC Dev just thinks that everything and everyone is toxic. That guy loves to complain. Probably for the clicks.

Yeah, I think Adam The Woo was rambling about his fan base complaining about his content? I’m not sure about that because of the rambling. Lol.

And PC Dev just thinks that everything and everyone is toxic. That guy loves to complain. Probably for the clicks.
Yeah no doubt Adam likes to ramble a lot.

PCDev likes to complain, but there is a lot to complain about IMO as far as Disney.
Its not like he would be the first streamer to have folks show up at his home.

Personally, I much prefer some reality with the stream to everything is great, the food is amazing, its so good, even though its average at best.
I know of a couple of cases where they are complaining about the stuff with each other and then getting on stream and saying how good it is.

Again its all about access and people don't want to loose it.
Again why I want nothing to do with folks that are invited to all the private events and want to keep getting invited, especially when they are not that upfront about it.

If I discovered that a YouTuber that I followed (I don't do TikTok or Insta) was playing the "do you know who I am" card as a bullying tactic, I'd unsubscribe.

There's always going to be a difference between reviewing a "free" product and something you paid for, because with a "free" product you don't feel the financial impact of having purchased that product. And yes, some vloggers will be a little less objective with a "free" product, but I think that varies from person to person, and it may even change as a vlogger gains more experience.

PCDev likes to complain, but there is a lot to complain about IMO as far as Disney.
Its not like he would be the first streamer to have folks show up at his home.

Personally, I much prefer some reality with the stream to everything is great, the food is amazing, its so good, even though its average at best.
I know of a couple of cases where they are complaining about the stuff with each other and then getting on stream and saying how good it is.

Again its all about access and people don't want to loose it.
Again why I want nothing to do with folks that are invited to all the private events and want to keep getting invited, especially when they are not that upfront about it.
He just spent so much time talking about how toxic the Disney vlogging community is. I’m sure it’s super competitive and there are more and more vloggers these days, but the people doing both the livestreams and the taped vlogs always seem super respectful to one another. Maybe/probably? It’s different behind the scenes? but I don’t see the point in calling everybody out the way he did.

If I were a vlogger, I’d definitely go out of my way to avoid him if I saw him in the parks, after that video.

He just spent so much time talking about how toxic the Disney vlogging community is. I’m sure it’s super competitive and there are more and more vloggers these days, but the people doing both the livestreams and the taped vlogs always seem super respectful to one another. Maybe/probably? It’s different behind the scenes? but I don’t see the point in calling everybody out the way he did.
Sort of a tangent, but one of the general issues of vlogging (not just Disney) is that most vlogs don't have anything unique with their POV. You're vlogging at Disney Parks or on cruise ships, great. But what are you bringing to the table that will keep me coming back?

For example, music reaction videos. If you've ever gone down that rabbit hole, you know most of these are pretty much the same, where people just kind of listen and give a general idea of how they felt listening to a song in an 8 minute video. But then you get channels like The Charismatic Voice or Knox Hill or Rick Beato, who will take 30 minutes, really break down a song and provide unique insights into the hows and whys of things.

Sort of a tangent, but one of the general issues of vlogging (not just Disney) is that most vlogs don't have anything unique with their POV. You're vlogging at Disney Parks or on cruise ships, great. But what are you bringing to the table that will keep me coming back?
So true.
For me, it’s the likeability of the person.
I watch Mr. Morrow and Super Enthused. Yes. It’s repetitive and there’s nothing really new, but I enjoy their personalities and they seem pleasant. :) I put them on as background noise.

One other thing, for me at least, that greatly influences my like for someone, or my desire to watch their vlogs, is the sound of their voice. If they sound harsh, mumbly, nasally or speak too fast, I‘ll probably turn it off.

One other thing, for me at least, that greatly influences my like for someone, or my desire to watch their vlogs, is the sound of their voice. If they sound harsh, mumbly, nasally or speak too fast, I‘ll probably turn it off.
How a person speaks is huge for vloggers. For example, something about Ben's (of Cruise with Ben and David) voice just doesn't resonate with me (also the resting sad face), so I find their Inside Cruise channel difficult to watch.

As another example, for my France trip, I started watching a channel called Les Frenchies as the couple behind it seemed very down to earth and unpretentious.

As another example, for my France trip, I started watching a channel called Les Frenchies as the couple behind it seemed very down to earth and unpretentious.
Yes! I just discovered Les Frenchies a few weeks back and I’ve watched several of their videos. They’re great!

Yeah - pretty much if I don't like the sound of their voice its off a few seconds into the video.

For me, it’s the likeability of the person.
I watch Mr. Morrow and Super Enthused. Yes. It’s repetitive and there’s nothing really new, but I enjoy their personalities and they seem pleasant. :) I put them on as background noise.
Yeah they seem ok, but no doubt shills. Still occasionally the surprise me and call out something, but it has to be really bad for the most part.

For example, music reaction videos. If you've ever gone down that rabbit hole, you know most of these are pretty much the same, where people just kind of listen and give a general idea of how they felt listening to a song in an 8 minute video. But then you get channels like The Charismatic Voice or Knox Hill or Rick Beato, who will take 30 minutes, really break down a song and provide unique insights into the hows and whys of things.
Yeah - I really don't get these things and there are times I wonder how a person could have lived on this planet and not heard a particular song.

I do enjoy watching them when they listen to something unusual though, like Dead Kennedys, The Residents, Primus, etc.. Just the bewildered look on their face as to what the heck they are watching is somewhat enjoyable.

Thanks for this thread! I've been looking for other vloggers for some inspiration. The channels we subscribe to are
  • We Goth This Adventures (our own, we are just starting out and appreciate feedback)
  • Ordinary Adventures
  • Mammoth Club
  • Tim Tracker
  • DFB
  • Kyle Pallo
  • JoJo's World
  • Journey with Jin and Mike (super nice people we met on our first Disney Cruise)

Have any of you watched Goo To You or Goo To You Live. It is 2 brothers,”Goo” and Matt. They live stream and vlog. Great guys, really funny and kind hearted.

Have any of you watched Goo To You or Goo To You Live. It is 2 brothers,”Goo” and Matt. They live stream and vlog. Great guys, really funny and kind hearted.
Yes! We watch them all the time. We met them when they were standing in line for the opening of Eet. Very nice guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter