Disney Visa Reward Card

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
For those with a Disney Visa, a few questions on the reward card:

1) How long does it take to come in the mail?

2) If I receive the rewards card in the next couple weeks and accrue more rewards points before my trip in October, can they those dollars still be added to my card?

3) While in the parks, do the cards work like gift cards? Can the store or restaurant run it until there is a $0 balance, or do I need to keep track of the running balance?

Thanks all!

1. About 2 weeks, might be less.
2. Yes, you can load disney dollars onto a card you already have by submitting the order online. I think those post within 24 hours but it might even be instant.
3. They work just like a Disney Gift card. I think they put your new balance on your receipt, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Initial card says it takes 5-7 business days to arrive in the mail but I don't think it took mine over 3 business days ever.
They used to expire at the end of the year so I've ordered several but now they don't have an expiration date and you can just transfer your balance each time onto the same card.
Yes it works like a gift card.
Yes they can let you know when there is $0 but personally I like keeping track myself so I know how much more I can spend on it.

2) If I receive the rewards card in the next couple weeks and accrue more rewards points before my trip in October, can they those dollars still be added to my card?

Just be aware on this... rewards will post to your account on the statement date. You cannot pull down any reward points until they have posted. So if your statement date is the 20th each month, but your trip begins on the 15th, you cannot access the rewards earned after Sept. 20th before leaving. You can call during your trip and have those points added to the Rewards card once your statement is posted.

I hope that made sense. In short form... there can be a lag between when you make a charge and "earn" points and when you can access those points to put onto the Rewards card.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter