Disney Visa Restaurant Discount - How is it applied?

Mcert01

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I noticed that Disney Visa provides for a 10% discount at certain WDW restaurants (pretty impressive list!).

Does anyone know how it is applied? Is it just food? Limited to entrees? Does it include alcohol? Soft drinks? Coffee? Just curious what is actually covered. I'll take 10% on whatever they give me, but just curious.

Thanks!

And some places don't give it to you automatically, so make sure you ask for it when you ask for the bill. We got into a bit of a sticky situation at Le Cellier, because our reservation was 4:30, and no longer eligible for the discount (some restaurants only offer the discount at breakfast and/or lunch). The party next to us asked for the discount - I wasn't eavesdropping but at Le Cellier you are literally crammed in there!! - and they got it. When I asked our server again and told her about the other party, she said that that server was misinformed, and we were not eligible. We excepted that, but 10% off that ridiculous Le Cellier bill would have been great!

I'm under the impression that the Tables In Wonderland discount is the only one that applies to alcohol.

The discount is only on food, not alcohol, with the Disney CC at select locations. I notified the waiter I'd be using my Disney card for the 10% discount. Easy peasy!

And some places don't give it to you automatically, so make sure you ask for it when you ask for the bill.

1) Very few eateries will give it automatically.
2) ALWAYS ask for the discount when you give the check and credit card to the SERVER.

NOTE: When applying any discount, always tell the SERVER when the check is presented, and not earlier. With some SERVERS< service can be affected if they know of a discount. Shouldn't be that way, but human nature being what it is . . . .

1) Very few eateries will give it automatically.
2) ALWAYS ask for the discount when you give the check and credit card to the SERVER.

NOTE: When applying any discount, always tell the SERVER when the check is presented, and not earlier. With some SERVERS< service can be affected if they know of a discount. Shouldn't be that way, but human nature being what it is . . . .
Good point, I always tell them when paying the bill, not before.

In our experience it was only on food, not alcohol, and some restaurants had additional restrictions. I think for example one of them (maybe TRex) it was only on entrees not the whole bill. Others are only for lunch. They do post the restrictions online.

And yes, always be sure to ask for it as they aren't likely to give it automatically.

I'll reiterate what the other PP's have said, make sure you ask for it and make sure it's applied! The first time I ever tried to use the discount was at Capt. Grille a few years back and my server told me Chase applied the discount, not the restaurant. I took her at her word and didn't ask for the discount at the other restaurants we dined in that week where the discount would have applied. Lo and behold, when I got my statement, of course, Chase did not apply the discount. The restaurant has to do it. Still kind of ticked about that one! LOL!

I just looked at the receipts from my December trip.

I asked about the discount each time, usually when the server first greeted us. We never had any problems with the service. From reading the Disney Visa web site, I thought the discount was for food only. I assumed that drinks would not be covered, whether alcoholic or not. Artist Point did not cover the alcohol, while Narcoossee's and Kona did. The Wave (breakfast) did cover soft drinks, as did Coral Reef (lunch). We apparently did not have any non-alcoholic beverages at the first 3 places. Trail's End was a breakfast buffet, which included juice so the discount covered the whole check.

For 2 signature dinners, 1 non signature dinner, 1 TS lunch and 2 TS breakfasts my savings was $52.79.

Thanks for all the feedback. I assumed drinks wouldn't be covered, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

We have decided to forego the free dining plan, unless of course we are fortunate enough to get the free dining plan offering! :)

We determined that we would save about $160 over the dining plan by paying out of pocket. The calculation included 2 signatures, 3 table service and the remainder counter service on a 7 night trip trip. The discount will just add to that savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter