Disney Visa question

Eddie512

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are using rewards points for our trip, so I called Visa and they're mailing me the card with the points on it. So making sure I have this correct...you can use this card to pay whatever is on your hotel bill from using the magic bands (food, drinks, gratuity if we use the dining plan, souvenirs, etc). Or you can use it with the vendor directly. Is that right? Thanks!!

Yes we have the card as well and it can be used anywhere within Disney, including gratuities.

I've used the Disney visa redemption card at Disney like a gift card and it works great! Also when you have more rewards dollars you can add them to the same card very easily. Not sure about settling up your resort charges. Did you use the redemption card as your card on file on MDE?

Once you get the rewards card, and you accrue more points after getting it, can you just transfer those to the same rewards card (instead of having to get another one)?

Once you get the rewards card, and you accrue more points after getting it, can you just transfer those to the same rewards card (instead of having to get another one)?

Yes, you sure can! I ordered my card for our March trip and it already arrived (wanted it to be here in plenty of time) and I've already added additional points that have accrued since it arrived. Super easy. You do it right from the rewards website and it transfers them instantly, I believe.

I've used the Disney visa redemption card at Disney like a gift card and it works great! Also when you have more rewards dollars you can add them to the same card very easily. Not sure about settling up your resort charges. Did you use the redemption card as your card on file on MDE?

The card you have on file for charges would be your cc, such as your Disney Visa. But you can use your rewards redemption card as well as any gift cards to pay off any charges before your checkout day. We always charge everything back to the room, and then the night before checkout, we stop by the desk and get a print out of charges. We check them to make sure they are correct, and then pay down the total with rewards and gift cards, and put any remaining amount on cc. Some people get a print out everyday or every other day, to pay as they go - personal preference.

You can carry it with you and use like a gift card as mentioned as well, we just prefer not to carry them, and leave in the safe. You can go to Guest Relations at the parks to have points put on a card. We now wait till our trip and get all points put on card when we get there, so it includes package pay off.

We hadn't been to Disney in a number of years, and had built up quite a few disney dollars! I ordered the card months before our trip - and the card doesn't expire any more like it used to years ago - and the day before we went, I went back into the site and loaded whatever was in there right to the card. Very easy! We used it for everything from day one of our trip - food, t-shirts, at snack kiosks, etc. - and we used up every last dollar. I even gave them that number when I ordered a surprise cake for one of our meals, and they said it was fine to use that! We used our regular Visa to pay off our room, and that was charged on our arrival day, since it was the card on file.

Just to clarify the room charges. Your actual charge for the hotel room (if not already paid) will be charged to the card on file on your arrival day, so you won't be able to use the rewards card for that unless you call in advance and pay it off. Likewise charges to the room will be charged to the card on file unless you specifically have them charge it to the rewards card. It's very easy to take care of, but it is something you need to specifically do before checkout.
In the parks, like everyone said, you can just use it like a gift card, no problems at all.

Hi, we are using rewards points for our trip, so I called Visa and they're mailing me the card with the points on it. So making sure I have this correct...you can use this card to pay whatever is on your hotel bill from using the magic bands (food, drinks, gratuity if we use the dining plan, souvenirs, etc). Or you can use it with the vendor directly. Is that right? Thanks!!

Yes, you can charge to your room via magic bands and pay the balance with the reward card before you check out. There used to be and may still be a charging limit where they will charge your card before checkout. The charging limit may vary by class of hotel as well. I guess what I am saying is if you are charging several hundred dollars to your room, you may want to stop by every couple days to pay it down with the rewards card so they don't charge your card.

Do you have to wait until the end of the billing cycle to earn the reward points? IF that's the case, I won't have $20 built up until a few weeks before my trip, so I wonder if the card will come before I leave. Can I get a redemption card at Disney and then go online and transfer everything when I'm down there? Thank you everyone!

Do you have to wait until the end of the billing cycle to earn the reward points? IF that's the case, I won't have $20 built up until a few weeks before my trip, so I wonder if the card will come before I leave. Can I get a redemption card at Disney and then go online and transfer everything when I'm down there? Thank you everyone!

yes, you have to wait until the end of the billing cycle. you need $10 to order the card.

Thank you. The disney rewards site says I need $20 to order card. Does anyone know if I can get a card at WDW?

i saw on the site where it said $20 was the minimum but i literally just requested one and it only required $10. give it a try. if you do need to wait until you get to the park, here is what it says on the rewards site...

upload_2017-5-4_19-41-53.png

you can get a card at GR and then call chase and the money put on the card right then.

i saw on the site where it said $20 was the minimum but i literally just requested one and it only required $10. give it a try. if you do need to wait until you get to the park, here is what it says on the rewards site...

View attachment 235413
Excellent, this is what I was looking for.
Maybe the initial card takes $20 and then after that $1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter