• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney visa new card

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
Hello! I think I’m going to get a Disney visa to save on a stay next week- and for a trip next summer. If I sign up for a card today and I get the email approval will that email work when checking in? I’m not at a place to get mail and will not be at home before our stay?

I have one more question. I am not seeing a place to apply for the card where I see rooms and pricing. Do I do that separately and they give me a card number then enter that in at check out?

Are you meaning to save with the current Disney visa discount offer on resort stays? If so, your deposit must be paid with the Disney visa. It’s not something applied at checkin, changing your reservation rate. If you pay the deposit with the visa, you’re eligible for the offer rates...you can call or book online (the balance due does not have to be paid with the Disney visa).

I need to apply sign up for a visa first. I wasn’t sure if they email me a card number when I do it.

Chase issues the Disney cards so you’re applying to them, not Disney. Typically with Chase cards if you get instant approval you’ll see the card show up on your account online and in the Chase mobile app. They don’t email card numbers for security reasons.

You would have to book the room with the card, it’s not like other discounts.

So no way to apply for the card and book the same time? I understand the card is owned by chase

So no way to apply for the card and book the same time? I understand the card is owned by chase
No, you’d have to go to Chase to apply for the card. If you’re approved they may issue a card number immediately on their secure site, but I’m not sure. You may have to wait for the actual card to arrive. Once you do have the card number though, you’d have to use that card to book the room and pay the deposit. If you’ve already booked the room with another card, you wouldn’t be eligible for the discount now.

You can still use the discount - my mother in law just did this yesterday. She had originally made her deposit with another card, but they let her switch the deposit to her new Disney Visa (that she ordered specifically for the promotion) and applied the discount to her existing reservation. She had to call to do this, though. Can't do it online.

The question about whether or not you will have the card # in time for the deposit, though, I'm not sure about.

Hi there! Just went through all of this so I'm just speaking from my experience. I was worried with my trip being so soon that the hotel I was looking at (Art of Animation) would fill up, so I booked a room using a NON Disney Visa. Then applied for the Disney Visa and was instantly approved. They can't issue the card number over the phone or through email, so I called Chase's help line and asked them to overnight me a new card. The card came in about 2 days! Then I called Disney, and asked them to change the reservation to the Disney Visa card package. Since I booked the hotel on this card (spending over $500 in the first 3 months of having the card) I also received a $200 statement credit from Chase!

All in all my 5 night stay at AoA will run me $403.68!!! Fingers crossed that this card deal will work for you as well :-)

I applied in December for my Disney Visa card through the Disney World website while booking my hotel and they put my hotel cost right on the card, without me having to wait for it in the mail. I was also able to add the virtual card to my "Wallet" on my iPhone and used it while in Disney at stores and they gave me the 10% off merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter