Disney Visa Discounts - Quick Service Restaurants?

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
My wife and I have been debating whether to use her Disney Visa or gift cards to pay for dining during our upcoming trip.

I recently found a thread with a link to all the sit down restaurants where you will receive 10% off with Disney Visa. Only one of our ADRs qualifies. Therefore, I am thinking that discounted gift cards is the way to go.

However, I could have sworn I read somewhere that you can receive a discount at some quick service restaurants as well using a Disney Visa. Can anyone confirm?

In the end, I know the savings are miniscule either way we go (Disney Visa vs discounted gift cards), but we are still looking to save where we can.

The list is not as long as an AP or DVC but 10% discounts with Disney Visa can be found online. DFB (and others) has a list but not sure how up to date it is. My friend just came back from WDW and said they used the visa several times. It all adds up!

Here is the list from the Disney Rewards website - they all look like table service to me:

Discount valid at the following restaurant locations: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas: Boma – Flavors of Africa, Jiko – The Cooking Place (see restrictions), and Sanaa; Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas: ESPN Sports Club and Flying Fish (see restrictions); Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: Sebastian’s Bistro; Disney’s Contemporary Resort: The Wave…of American Flavors; Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood; Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Trail’s End Restaurant; Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Citricos (see restrictions), Grand Floridian Cafe, and Narcoossee’s (see restrictions); Disney’s Old Key West Resort: Olivia’s Cafe; Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Kona Cafe; Disney’s Port Orleans Resort: Boatwrights Dining Hall; Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: The Turf Club Bar and Grill; Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Cafe; Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: Ale & Compass Restaurant; Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park: Tiffins; Disney’s Hollywood Studios®: The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions); Epcot®: Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions), Coral Reef Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, and Rose & Crown Dining Room; Magic Kingdom® Park: Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen; and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill. For locations where it is noted to see restrictions, the discount does not apply to the following dates: 10/11/21, 10/31/21, 11/25/21, 12/24/21, 12/25/21, 12/31/21, 1/1/22, 2/21/22, 4/17/22, 5/8/22, 5/30/22, 6/19/22, 7/4/22, and 9/5/22. Subject to restaurant availability, operating hours and closures. Reservations may be required. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts or promotions. Separate Theme Park admission and Theme Park reservation may be required. Discount is for personal use only and may not be transferred or resold.

You do get 20% off at Joffrey's and 10% of a couple of places at Disney Springs:

• Cookes of Dublin (lunch, weekdays)
  • Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
  • Paddlefish
  • Planet Hollywood®
  • Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant (lunch, weekdays)
  • Terralina Crafted Italian
  • The Polite Pig

Here is the list from the Disney Rewards website - they all look like table service to me:

Discount valid at the following restaurant locations: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas: Boma – Flavors of Africa, Jiko – The Cooking Place (see restrictions), and Sanaa; Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas: ESPN Sports Club and Flying Fish (see restrictions); Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: Sebastian’s Bistro; Disney’s Contemporary Resort: The Wave…of American Flavors; Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood; Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Trail’s End Restaurant; Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Citricos (see restrictions), Grand Floridian Cafe, and Narcoossee’s (see restrictions); Disney’s Old Key West Resort: Olivia’s Cafe; Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Kona Cafe; Disney’s Port Orleans Resort: Boatwrights Dining Hall; Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: The Turf Club Bar and Grill; Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Cafe; Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: Ale & Compass Restaurant; Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park: Tiffins; Disney’s Hollywood Studios®: The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions); Epcot®: Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions), Coral Reef Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, and Rose & Crown Dining Room; Magic Kingdom® Park: Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen; and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill. For locations where it is noted to see restrictions, the discount does not apply to the following dates: 10/11/21, 10/31/21, 11/25/21, 12/24/21, 12/25/21, 12/31/21, 1/1/22, 2/21/22, 4/17/22, 5/8/22, 5/30/22, 6/19/22, 7/4/22, and 9/5/22. Subject to restaurant availability, operating hours and closures. Reservations may be required. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts or promotions. Separate Theme Park admission and Theme Park reservation may be required. Discount is for personal use only and may not be transferred or resold.

You do get 20% off at Joffrey's and 10% of a couple of places at Disney Springs:

• Cookes of Dublin (lunch, weekdays)
  • Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
  • Paddlefish
  • Planet Hollywood®
  • Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant (lunch, weekdays)
  • Terralina Crafted Italian
  • The Polite Pig
I found the same list on the website. Thanks.

So, there is no advantage to using a Disney Visa at quick service locations?

I found the same list on the website. Thanks.

So, there is no advantage to using a Disney Visa at quick service locations?
The benefit in using a credit card in general is that you can save the credit card number for mobile orders. You can't save a gift card number in MDE, although you can save it as a note on your phone and copy and paste it as your payment method each time. For actual cost savings, a discounted gift card from Target or somewhere else will save you a little money over using the Disney Visa.

does your wife have any rewards from the DVisa? We ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Bill was over $300. Gave the CM a Disney Visa rewards card with around $200 on it and Disney gift card to cover the rest of the bill. CM applied the 10% DVisa discount even though we did not put anything on the card. Discount was over $30! had not expected that.

Wonder if the dinning discount applies at Steakhouse 71 since the Wave doesn’t exist anymore.

It doesn't anymore. The updated list is here. (They forgot to update the footnoted list on the site that used to include The Wave.)

Here's the current list:

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
Boma – Flavors of Africa
Jiko – The Cooking Place (see restrictions)
Sanaa

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
ESPN Sports Club
Flying Fish (see restrictions)

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Sebastian’s Bistro

Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Trail’s End Restaurant

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Cítricos (see restrictions)
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee’s (see restrictions)

Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Olivia’s Cafe

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Kona Cafe

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Boatwrights Dining Hall

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Turf Club Bar and Grill

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Ale & Compass Restaurant

Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Tiffins

Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)

Epcot®
Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)
Coral Reef Restaurant
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Rose & Crown Dining Room

Magic Kingdom® Park
Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen

ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill

does your wife have any rewards from the DVisa? We ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Bill was over $300. Gave the CM a Disney Visa rewards card with around $200 on it and Disney gift card to cover the rest of the bill. CM applied the 10% DVisa discount even though we did not put anything on the card. Discount was over $30! had not expected that.
....so this location is not on the published of discounts!..that is what Im wondering
where this has happened at other locations not listed!

Do you have to mention the 10% discount to the CM or do they apply it automatically when you use a Disney Visa card?

The only QS restaurant we've tried and successfully received the discount at was Polite Pig in Disney Springs. We also used the discount at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness but that's not QS. I was told we had to mention the discount each time, but the cast members at Trail's End and Polite Pig were great about asking if we had any available discounts.

My wife and I have been debating whether to use her Disney Visa or gift cards to pay for dining during our upcoming trip.

I recently found a thread with a link to all the sit down restaurants where you will receive 10% off with Disney Visa. Only one of our ADRs qualifies. Therefore, I am thinking that discounted gift cards is the way to go.

However, I could have sworn I read somewhere that you can receive a discount at some quick service restaurants as well using a Disney Visa. Can anyone confirm?

In the end, I know the savings are miniscule either way we go (Disney Visa vs discounted gift cards), but we are still looking to save where we can.
What are be benefits of Disney Visa? Debating on getting one or if it's worth it.

It doesn't anymore. The updated list is here. (They forgot to update the footnoted list on the site that used to include The Wave.)

Here's the current list:

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
Boma – Flavors of Africa
Jiko – The Cooking Place (see restrictions)
Sanaa

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
ESPN Sports Club
Flying Fish (see restrictions)

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Sebastian’s Bistro

Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Trail’s End Restaurant

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Cítricos (see restrictions)
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee’s (see restrictions)

Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Olivia’s Cafe

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Kona Cafe

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Boatwrights Dining Hall

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Turf Club Bar and Grill

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Ale & Compass Restaurant

Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Tiffins

Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)

Epcot®
Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)
Coral Reef Restaurant
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Rose & Crown Dining Room

Magic Kingdom® Park
Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen

ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill
They aren't terribly good at keeping this current seeing how ESPN Sports Club has been gone for over 2 years.

Do you have to mention the 10% discount to the CM or do they apply it automatically when you use a Disney Visa card?
When we were there in April, the 3 sit downs we ate at (Sebastian's Bistro, Sanaa, and Oliva's) all provided a 10% discount for using either your Disney VISA or your Disney Rewards Card and in each location, the server asked if we had any available discounts before bringing us the bill. I told them what I had and the bill arrived with the discount applied.

What if you have the Disney Chase Debit card with the Disney Logo (for your checking account)? Do you still get the discount?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter