• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney vacation account - just for package purchase or use for "ad hoc" spending?

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
can funds in my DVA be used for dining and other purchases once I am onsite, or can they only be used for making a resort reservation and ticket purchases and packages online in advance of my arrival? if so, how....is the DVA linked to my room reservation and therefore my magic band for payment? or can I "withdraw" funds from my DVA before or when I arrive and have them on a Disney gift card that I can use to pay for food, snacks, souvies, etc?

Keep in mind that it takes a while for the requested gift card to arrive so you must plan accordingly and I don't believe that counts toward the $20 bonus per $1000 spent-so probably better to only put into the DVA what you actually plan to use to prepay for your vacation (package or room/tickets)

No, you cannot use a DVA for any on-site purchases. It's only valid for advance purchases. Also, the gift card is processed as a refund, so it does not count towards the spending threshold for the $20 bonus cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter