Disney + Uni in same trip? Not liking it

Tribe

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip for July 2020 and trying to do both Disney (2 days) and Universal (2 days). Yes of course it is totally doable but the cost is looking prohibitive for my family. I understand both parks have a pricing scheme to make it tough to do both in the same trip as we will be paying max price for everything and not getting any of the multiple day deals they offer. Just wondering if others have found this to be worth the price and if anyone has any tips for us. We have two teen daughters who like both Disney and Uni and this will probably be the last time we do this as our daughters are getting older. We have been to Disney 3 times and Uni once in the last 10 years.

2 days at UO is probably enough time but 2 days at WDW just really isn't enough. I would look into doing one night at a UO hotel which offers the express pass - RPR, POR, or HR. That one night at the hotel will provide you with express pass for 2 days (check in and check out). Buy 2 day tickets at undercover tourist -- it is generally better price than through UO.

Now for WDW you could look into a few options -
1. book a home offsite which is cheaper but you only get the 30 day booking window for FP. You can find them through VRBO and probably airbnb
2. book a good neighbor hotel, such as the ones at disney springs area. These hotels provide you with the 60 day booking window for FP but you will need your own transportation to/from the parks.
3. Look at an onsite value resort.

I would try to do WDW for at least 4 days - one day per park. Buy your WDW tickets from undercover tourist. They often have deals where if you buy a WDW ticket and combine it with a UO ticket you save a little money. Not much but something.

There are many ways to save money and still make the trip worthwhile. It is tough to spend all that money and try to cram too much into to shore of a timeframe.

Another thing to consider is that it will be super hot and humid in July so when you think about doing parks from open to close it will be much more draining with the heat. We are doing UO and WDW in July but we planned it this way so we could stay longer and not interfere with school.

Check in to a seasonal AP at Universal. The past 2 years it was cheaper than a 2 park hopper ticket. One year we got $10 back!
Will give you discounts on resorts and food (I think, resorts for sure)
That’s what made it affordable for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter