Disney sued because it won't license X-Wing for flight at FSU football game

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
In one of the most frivolous lawsuits of the century, a man wants to force Disney to license the X-wing design so he can build a personal aircraft in the form of the X-wing. He also wants Disney to be forced to provide him with 2 minutes of air time at a Florida State University football game so he can showcase the personal air craft.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/11/guy-...ld-a-working-x-wing-and-making-930-million/2/ (complaint courtesy of Above the Law blog).

But what is even worse, the plaintiff wants the court to force Disney to delay release of Star Wars Episode 7 until December 2017.

And then there is the Star Trek argument.

While the lawsuit demands Disney license the X-Wing design to Terrafugia I can't find any obvious connection between the plaintiff and the company, which otherwise seems to have a pretty neat product.

"Demand" is a term of art - in English, it means the relief a party wants a court to impose on the other side.

Now, there still has to be some kind of a duty. The guy here is claiming there was an implied contract and/or a promise (which is really another way of saying an agreement was made). The problem is that none of the facts come close to supporting either claim.

I mean, I want Disney to let me have the Magic Kingdom all to myself one day so I can make a movie that will make me and Disney a billion dollars. So, per this lawsuit, all I need to do is I call Bob Iger, make the demand, then I can sue when Disney's lawyers laugh uncontrollably at my demand.

At least this didn't come from FSU. I wish this guy wouldn't drag My school into it.

There are bigger issues there right now.

Just read the lawsuit and as an attorney myself all i can say is OMG ��

Is he pro se or did he actually find someone willing to file this? I've had to talk clients out of doing a lot of silly things and certainly wouldn't do those things for them.

Edit: Just looked at it,and thank God, he's a pro se.

Is he pro se or did he actually find someone willing to file this? I've had to talk clients out of doing a lot of silly things and certainly wouldn't do those things for them. Edit: Just looked at it,and thank God, he's a pro se.

He's pro se, but HE is an attorney!

it appears that Mr. Alfred's legal action is getting some buzz on the internet, but not the kind he wants.
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/11/guy-...uild-a-working-x-wing-and-making-930-million/
http://www.avclub.com/article/man-sues-disney-not-letting-him-build-and-sell-rea-212369

Interestingly, the personal aircraft company mentioned already has an X-wing model, having nothing to do with Star Wars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrafugia_TF-X

His Indigogo campaign claims he already has counsel but needs 50k for the retainer. Needless to say, my firm will not be looking to do some of his legal work.:lmao:

Why do you think he's an attorney, I couldn't find his name on the New Jersey roll?

I said he wasn't an attorney so far as I can find. Not everyone who graduates from law school gets a law license.

Got a good laugh out of this. Thanks Jack. :rotfl:

If FSU keeps playing the way it is right now, I sense the fellow might have to amend his complaint.

Just sayin'

Well, Oregon just made the FSU demand moot.
:rolleyes1

Just got the decision dismissing this lawsuit.

That Complaint is remarkable. It is in my experience a unique example of the pleader's art. It cites to the epic of Gilgamesh, Woody Guthrie, the Declaration of Independence, Noah and The Great Flood, Game of Thrones, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek, President Obama, and Euclid's proof of the Infinity of Primes, among other references. It is well written and compelling. In fact, it can be faulted only for a single but significant shortcoming: it fails to state a claim on which relief could be granted. Therefore, I grant the Defendants' Motions to Dismiss.

I'll try to post a link to the full decision a little later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter