Disney+ Subscriber Discount Coming January 3, 2024

I am currently holding two identical reservations while I sort this in my head. I have not been keeping up with restaurants included, excluded/surcharged items, etc., so I have some stuff to figure out.

- 4 nights YC WV
- 2 adults and 2 Teens.
- One is a Bounceback room discount and one is "Free" Dining (not really free)
- "Free" (not really Dining is an additional $269 per night over the Bounceback room discount.
- I know the DDP prices are inflated, the question is would I do better paying $269 per night for "free" dining (we know it's NOT free!) or taking the $269 discount and using it for food and drink expenses. What would ya'll do if you were me? (note, we are not big on buffets not character dining; we may do once per trip; I generally eat limited carbs).

Struggling with this too. "Free" dining costs $269 more per night, so I'm thinking we'll keep the bounceback.
Would you have to buy tickets if you go with the bounceback offer? You may have figured in that cost. For me, it's 2 of us so the bounceback was a better savings than free dining. And I don't want or need a TS meal each day - or character buffets.

Would you have to buy tickets if you go with the bounceback offer? You may have figured in that cost. For me, it's 2 of us so the bounceback was a better savings than free dining. And I don't want or need a TS meal each day - or character buffets.
We occasionally do a character meal or a buffet, but not every trip.

We have 4 people (2 adults and 2 teens), so we spend at least $269 per day in food and beverages, but not exactly the way the dining plan is laid out.

We do at least one TS every day, but they tend to not be the typical high-value on DDP meals (not usually a buffet or character meal). We do some Signatures, some lounges. It would not be difficult to find 4 TS meals for us to do and if we want a Signature, pay out-of-pocket for it.

We need tickets. This is our only planned trip to Disney for this year and it's only a 4-day trip, so not worth to get an AP. I literally booked the same exact thing I booked with a bounceback, except the Free Dining one has the dining plan and the bounceback does not.

There is no way I would pay $377 for the DDP with only 1 TS, 1 Qs and 1 snack per person, but $269 is closer to break-even point.

The house (or should I say mouse) always does win. In both cases, I am going to spend about the same, LOL.

I thought for sure the RO discount would be the best deal for us (4 adults in room). But when I ran our dates for both RO (with buying tix via outside vendor I've used before) and FD package, the QS included in FD promo at CBR was only $261 per person more over the entire 7 night stay. Even eating frugally, I *KNOW* we will each eat more than $37 in food each day.

.....Deluxe hotels are priced like they're the Four Seasons and while I love some WDW resorts the service level does not command those prices. Even at 35% off a night's stay is still more than what I paid for rack rate at the end of 2019, with free dining, and free FP+, and free magic bands, and free Magic Express..
Ahh the Good 'Ole Days! I remember when! We thought it would last. We were wrong. Glad we did it while we could.

I am currently holding two identical reservations while I sort this in my head. I have not been keeping up with restaurants included, excluded/surcharged items, etc., so I have some stuff to figure out.

- 4 nights YC WV
- 2 adults and 2 Teens.
- One is a Bounceback room discount and one is "Free" Dining (not really free)
- "Free" (not really Dining is an additional $269 per night over the Bounceback room discount.
- I know the DDP prices are inflated, the question is would I do better paying $269 per night for "free" dining (we know it's NOT free!) or taking the $269 discount and using it for food and drink expenses. What would ya'll do if you were me? (note, we are not big on buffets not character dining; we may do once per trip; I generally eat limited carbs).
I crunched the numbers for us and even with 5 disney adults in a room I could just not even get close to making the math work to do dm"free dining" over our bounceback offer. This was after hugely inflating our food/mug costs. It was going to be about 2000 more (not taking into account the fact that we wouldn't normally eat at the more expensive restaurants or the fact that we'd have to pay more in tips) to do "free dining" over our bounceback offer, so we're sticking with the bounceback.

ETA: We do get a nice discount on tix with the military salute so that was part of it too, but man we couldn't believe how much more it was going to cost us to do "free dining."

I'm so excited we just booked the FD Disney + offer for 9/28-10/3 at ASMo :cool1:. I try not to think about how expensive WDW is now and how this really isn't that great of a deal compared to the old days :sad2:...now there's no magical express, table service dining plan was offered for all resorts, free fastpasses, EMH for all resorts not just deluxes...:charac2::stir: the list goes on and on... Need to just focus on enjoying our upcoming trip!:flower:

I just rescheduled our July trip to August, very late last night and rebooked our stay at another resort. I went to check availability at other resorts just now and noticed the Disney+ length of stay offer is gone. I had no idea that the Disney+ offer ended yesterday! Thankfully I was able to get in on that discount before it disappeared! That was a close call for sure.

I got on today to change our Pop to All star music with the dining plan and it wouldn't let me. I thought it was because we didn't have the right tickets so I switched it to rack rate with the right tickets and realized the offer was np longer available I I lost ALL MY DISCOUNTS. I cancelled. Pray that another offer come out for Sept or even Oct soon.

I got on today to change our Pop to All star music with the dining plan and it wouldn't let me. I thought it was because we didn't have the right tickets so I switched it to rack rate with the right tickets and realized the offer was np longer available I I lost ALL MY DISCOUNTS. I cancelled. Pray that another offer come out for Sept or even Oct soon.
Oh no!!! I'll send some pixie dust your way and hope another discount comes along soon!pixiedust:

So those discounts are gone? I knew the ddp one was ending but didn't know the other summer discount was ending (35%off or whatever). This made my maybe trip into a definitely not trip. Seems very early to take the discounts away for late summer/September. Do we think it'll come back?

So those discounts are gone? I knew the ddp one was ending but didn't know the other summer discount was ending (35%off or whatever). This made my maybe trip into a definitely not trip. Seems very early to take the discounts away for late summer/September. Do we think it'll come back?
I thought same things about fall discounts. Room only is still good for spring. I am hoping that they are redoing fall and releasing it again soon.

Call and see if they can reinstate your reservation! Worst thing that can happen is they say no!

That's too bad. We were planning on the discount but didn't realize it needed to be booked so quickly. We are now looking at an extra $2,700 for our trip WITH the AP room discount applied. Just really sucks.

Booking way ahead, September 2025 split stay between Pop Century (4 nights) and Contemporary CL Atrium (4 nights). We haven't been to Disney since 2016 and am so out of the loop. We had been visiting Disney sometimes twice a year and I was so! so (lol) smart😂 when it came to all things Disney. All that is gone!! LOL. Questions for everyone! So info please on these: I can modify my reservations if a deal comes up for discounts/free dining? Historically in the last few years (covid not withstanding) have these deals been offered for Contemporary on all rooms, including CL? I have never stayed at the Contemporary but have dreamed of this! Also, what restaurants are included in the dining plan for the table service? Perhaps easier to ask what is not included? I do understand about 2 table meals being used for one special type dining (Royal table, etc..) Anything not included? Is it 60 days out for dining reservations? Thank you experts for all your input! Excited to start the long term planning!
Willows909

Booking way ahead, September 2025 split stay between Pop Century (4 nights) and Contemporary CL Atrium (4 nights). We haven't been to Disney since 2016 and am so out of the loop. We had been visiting Disney sometimes twice a year and I was so! so (lol) smart😂 when it came to all things Disney. All that is gone!! LOL. Questions for everyone! So info please on these: I can modify my reservations if a deal comes up for discounts/free dining? Historically in the last few years (covid not withstanding) have these deals been offered for Contemporary on all rooms, including CL? I have never stayed at the Contemporary but have dreamed of this! Also, what restaurants are included in the dining plan for the table service? Perhaps easier to ask what is not included? I do understand about 2 table meals being used for one special type dining (Royal table, etc..) Anything not included? Is it 60 days out for dining reservations? Thank you experts for all your input! Excited to start the long term planning!
Willows909

Yes, resort reservations can be modified if a discount comes out that you’re interested in using. However, you may have to change your room category, resort or dates to take advantage of the particular discount. Not all resorts or room types are available with every discount. Or you may miss availability for your dates, if your resort has limited availability. Contemporary is normally included in all discounts, but again, every room category may not be included for all dates. Also note, CL has been included, but the CL discount rate with the current AP discount & the Stay Longer, Save More promo out now is only 10%. This is a very recent change. CL has previously been the same discount as any other room at the resort. No idea if future discounts will be reduced or if they will go back to the full discount.

As for the dining plan, the WDW Dining Plan page is a good place to start. Under the How To Use Your Dining Plan section there are lists of included restaurants. I would suggest reading there first, then ask other dining related questions on the Restaurant Board. There is also a subforum for the Dining Plan. Yes, dining reservations are 60 days out.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/#drawer-card-drawerChooseARestaurant

https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-restaurants.14/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter