Disney stuff that you think is under represented

DisneyWorldWisher

DIS Veteran
There's some strange lackings at WDW. For example, after all these years there is no Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, No Alice in Wonderland, No 101 Dalmations rides at all.

Some of Pixar's movies are under represented too. Ratatouille and Wall-E. They're recent, so this is excusable, but I feel these are among the very finest of any Disney published movie.

What do you think needs to be in the parks, or is under represented?

There is an Alice in Wonderland ride at MK... but I can see your point with some other stuff. I guess it's just the fact that you can't fit everything into the parks.

We were hoping maybe they'd put a robotic WALL.E into one of the parades... I will keep hoping! Wouldn't that be seriously cute as heck?

Years ago you could meet Thumper and it's a mystery to me why he is gone!

How about Hercules :( That is my favourite animated film (behind Roger Rabbit but I don't even want to touch that one :(!)

Dunno:confused3

There's some strange lackings at WDW. For example, after all these years there is no Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, No Alice in Wonderland, No 101 Dalmations rides at all.

Some of Pixar's movies are under represented too. Ratatouille and Wall-E. They're recent, so this is excusable, but I feel these are among the very finest of any Disney published movie.

What do you think needs to be in the parks, or is under represented?

I agree. While visiting Disneyland the Sleeping Beauty castle walk-through (now closed) and the Alice in wonderland dark ride were two of my faves. The lack of them at WDW is probably why. :cutie:

Well, the Mad Party Teacups at MK are the Alice and Wonderland representative, I think. And Sleeping Beauty has her castle at DL. She is lucky, I wish I had a castle....

Other than that, yes there are some movies that would be great attractions. I think there could be some awesome attraction based on National Treasure, probably at the Studios. Also, there is a part in The Emperor's New Groove that would make a great coaster.

Bambi is my DGD5's favorite character, and I had a heck of a time finding anything for her other than a stuffed animal. I finally, after many days of searching, found a pin and a very cute figurine.

I also think Meet the Robinsons got the shaft as far as merchandise, characters and everything else. I know they were out for a while but I think they should be doing meet and greets near Space Mountain in Toworrowland (or Todayland as they mentioned it in the movie) plus a ride in their time machine would be great. I do think some of the Pixar has been over kill though. Think Nemo!!

The Incredibles! I have never seen them at Disney. The first year we went our ds loved The Incredibles and we ended up having to get him a shirt at Walmart there and we found him a Mr. Incredible toy on clearance at the Outlets. The Incredibles is our favourite Disney movie to watch as a family.

My family "brainstorms" ideas about this subject while we're waiting in line. A few of their ideas...

They think there should be a Bambi and a Jungle Book attraction at Animal Kingdom.

A Cars or Herbie attraction in Toontown, for the little ones.

A Wall.E attraction in Epcot.

And, something, somewhere with the Dalmatians... to the Cruella song.

Wall-E is so perfect for something at Epcot! My kids would love that.

My personal Disney fave of late is Enchanted...although since most of it's live-action, it might be hard to incorporate the characters. Loved, loved, loved that movie & the MUSIC!! Maybe a small show or parade cameo at DHS?

The Incredibles are at Hollywood Studios. They were fun to meet!
And I would love to see some Phineas and Ferb stuff! I know they are new, but they are growing quite a following!
And truly, Donald Duck is very under-represented! He is HARD to find!

I am praying that Phineas and Ferb will materialize somewhere in WDW for our Jan trip. My kids LOVE them. Maybe they could replace Kim Possible meet-n-greet at DHS with P&F??

The Incredibles! I have never seen them at Disney. The first year we went our ds loved The Incredibles and we ended up having to get him a shirt at Walmart there and we found him a Mr. Incredible toy on clearance at the Outlets. The Incredibles is our favourite Disney movie to watch as a family.

We met the Incredibles at DHS inside the Animation attraction.:)

Yes Phineas and Ferb! I have been lurking around looking for merchandise and asking around for months about it! Was in WDW in July and was told by CM in DTD WOD store that there is NO P&F merchandise sold anywhere on property! I would love to have photo ops with Perry that would be the greatest!

Lumpy, from Pooh's Heffalump Movie and My Friends Tigger and Pooh, There are a few stuffed animals in DTD, but nothing else...my DS LOVES Lumpy, and was on "Lumpy watch" our last two trips. There could be more from the whole MFT&P show, it is very popular. Also, DS would love it if the Club House from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was an attraction.

I totally agree w/ you on Sleeping Beauty being under-rated...at least here at WDW. I've have searched for years for SB items at the parks and DTD.

Hercules!

It's my favorite Disney movie, and it has such perfect characters and settings for a ride. If not a ride, I just wish they'd have Herc and Meg out for meet and greets.

the black cauldron.
disney has 1 item that i've ever seen with any characters from this movie on it.
it was a towel, and it was next to haunted mansion in that little cart/kiosk kinda deal.
and the bad guy was on it!

that movie is epic, and it's very rare to find someone who knows what it is.

also:
ratatouille for sure, but like the OP said, it's new.
i agree with 101 dalmations & hercules.
a lot of the older movies i think.
i'll edit this when i think of more.

Looked EVERYWHERE a few weeks ago for Incredible stuff for my brother. He loves the movie. I saw a few folks with Incredibles t-shirts on and they all said they bought them at the Disney Store before they came to Florida.

We ended up finding a stuffed football at the toy store at DTD, but that is all the merchandise we found. Not even a beach towel, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter