Disney stuff from Santa

woodlandsparty

Mousekemom
Our entire family (13 people) is going to WDW right after Christmas. For my DH (he'll be 20 mo.'s during the trip) I plan to use Santa to deliver all of the things that he'll need for our Disney trip such as Disney t-shirts, pajamas, autograph book, etc. I also have 2 nieces going that are 7 and 6 and my Christmas presents to them will also be Disney related. Then of course, the rest of the 13 people that are going (ages 18 - 50) will also be getting Disney stuff from me for Christmas as well. Needless to say, with all of these people to buy for, I'm looking to save a buck or two!

Where have you guys found good discounts on Disney stuff?

Also, I want to get my son Disney luggage. Anybody know where you can buy this besides the Disney stores (there has got to be a cheaper place).

And if anybody has any ideas for cool Christmas Disney gifts, please post them....I'm sure by the 10 or 11 person, I'm going to run out of ideas!

Thanks everybody!

If you have a Dollar Tree near you they sometimes have Disney related products. It is hit and miss but I usually check the boards or stop by once a week or so. I have found coloring sheet kits, keychains, coloring books, books, flash cards, glow necklaces etc. Target also has Disney stuff at times. I think I have seen some kids luggage in there but it has been awhile. Good luck!

Check Mousesavers.com, She will post a lot of good deals that are out there. The on-line Disney Store also has great sales once in a while. My wife got pajamas there once for I think $4.95. She bought about $60.00 worth. It was a great deal though.

We go to the Disney Store on a regular basis because they always have something on sale. Usually 75% off. You never know what you might find there. For example we bought lolly pops that were normally around $3 for like 35 cents each. We put them on the kids pillows before they woke up and they thought it was the greatest thing.

My best locations when I was planning a trip this year...
Dollar Tree - Stop in now and then..as the previous poster said, they often have the neatest Disney stuff. last time I saw the CUTEST pooh and minnie little denim purses. Also got glow sticks there for the nightime shows, etc.

Michaels - they often have Disney stuff in the "bargain" baskets at the front of the store - also found stuff in the arts section and along those middle aisle baskets. Stickers, color books, etc

Disney Store has great deals as everyone said - I've gotten lots of shirts, trinkets, and candy for nearly nothing. Also have good deals on seasonal stuffed animals after their time is up.

Don't forget good old Disney Dollars!!! Last Christmas and Birthdays, my family hinted for and got oodles and it was fun to open due to the trip excitement and fun to use!!!!! My DD's, 7 and 9 were thrilled to find them tucked inside their gifts - never bored by it at all. Try sticking them in a pair of Disney socks or a little wallet.

Have fun planning a great family trip!!!

I found a Bear in the Big Blue House rolling suitcase at TJMaxx, but it's tough to find something like that under $15.
The new Disney pez are great stocking stuffers (Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet). Enough for everybody to get someone different. You can buy extra candy and have them bring those on the trip.
Stickers, coloring books, expandable washcloths from TDS, Mickey playing cards (Target), Pooh Uno cards, socks, luggage tags (you could make the insert w/ name/address with Disney clip art), Disney themed change purse for quarters/pennies for pressed penny machines - or decorate some sort of container w/ stickers/clipart.
Postcard stamps and pen; film for the adults (never have enough of that), sunglasses (summer clearance - we found cute Lizzie McGuire ones at Meijer). Meijer also carries chapstick w/ Disney characters.

You could decorate a box or container as "Disney Survival Kit" and include some of the above items, rain poncho, sunscreen, handwipes, advil, Disney themed band-aids, maybe you'd be lucky enough to find a pin or two for trading.

Meijer also had an electronic Disney Trivia game on clearance from $19.99 for 9.99.

dollar tree, dollar tree, dollar tree! and the disney store has such great sales that you can often pick up cute trinkets (like those expensive twirly light gadgets they sell at the parades for a lot of $)cheaply. Love the 'expanding' towels and on clearance I picked up a handful for $.75 each.

Also, do you have a disney catalog outlet anywhere within driving distance of you? you may and not even know it. they have huge savings and once you get on their mailing lists you get great coupons by mail. we got one for a back to school sale this weekend for an additional 40% off our total purchase. Guess where we're going this weekend???

As for luggage....are you crafty at all? We bought a cheap red rolling suitcase and decorated it with fabric paint and some Mickey stencils we had bought.

Also, check out a michaels store, they have the cutest candy making kits that are all disney related, you could make some cutesy lollipops for everyone and that would be cheap and cute and you could make a lot at once. We also used the lolly molds with fimo/sculpey to make our own personalized pins to wear with everyone's name on them. we did this for an event here in town and it was a huge hit!

good luck and have fun!

One way we have saved money is to combine 2 things on your list. Instead of buying an autograph book, we buy a light colored character t-shirt, bring along a fine tip permanent marker, and the characters will sign that! I think my kids have gotten a lot more enjoyment out of wearing their shirts (once we have gotten home -- I keep them in my backpack while we are at the parks) than they would have from autograph books. I also write the dates of our trip on the shirt.

I saw PEZ candy dispensers...Winnie the Pooh, Tiger, Piglet, and Eeyore today. Got some for our December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter