Disney Springs

BWallaceKY

Earning My Ears
Our family has been to Disney World 7 times in the last 8 years. I feel like we have a good handle on all of the parks, but we've sort of neglected Disney Springs. We've been to the Lego store and T-Rex cafe. I feel like we've just wandered aimlessly and then left. We're planning to go back later this year and I'm wondering if we've missed out in the past. Thoughts? Any "must see or do" things there? Great places to eat? Hidden gems?

The only hidden gem there, IMHO, is The Void Star Wars VR experience. There are some good restaurants, but nothing to go out of your way for, IMHO. Unless you are interested in a movie, shopping, eating or bowling, there's really nothing else to do there.

Well before all the new brand stores opened up we always hit WOD first, then Arribas Bro, the kitchen store, C-Op, TrenD, CHristmas store and they had a discounted
store.

We will be doing one morning and early afternoon trip and then one evening trip. The morning trip is before we check into GF so I think we stay on the Marketplace side since its the most "Disney" and is a great way to start, I feel a Disney trip, we will do the Brand section after dinner on the evening trip..

We have always loved DS, really gonna mis Disney Quest tho...

Splitsville is a cool bowling alley and the food is very good, Bongos and Parsidio looks good for night life..

Our family has been to Disney World 7 times in the last 8 years. I feel like we have a good handle on all of the parks, but we've sort of neglected Disney Springs. We've been to the Lego store and T-Rex cafe. I feel like we've just wandered aimlessly and then left. We're planning to go back later this year and I'm wondering if we've missed out in the past. Thoughts? Any "must see or do" things there? Great places to eat? Hidden gems?
I really like DS for food more than shopping but I do like to window shop some and that's fun. If you shop, check out Uniqelo, they always have super cute disney tees/apparel that are a third of the park prices. For food we like D-Luxe, Trex, Boatwrights, blaze, but there are a ton we haven't eaten at that I have heard really good reviews.

DS is not a necessary part of any trip to WDW IMHO. There are restaurants, bars, and lots and lots of stores. The only thing there that I care about is the Christmas store because they personalize your ornaments and you can have them shipped home. The other is the pin store if you are into collecting pins because it is a lot all in one place. Otherwise I would skip it all together. There are great restaurants in WDW and plenty of merchandise at the resorts and parks. I think it is more of an attraction for people who live in the area than those that go to the resorts. It is free parking and to walk around. There is the balloon that goes straight up in the air and the car boats to be driven around the lake but to me they are too expensive for what you get. Just another gimmick.

DS is not a necessary part of any trip to WDW IMHO. There are restaurants, bars, and lots and lots of stores. The only thing there that I care about is the Christmas store because they personalize your ornaments and you can have them shipped home. The other is the pin store if you are into collecting pins because it is a lot all in one place. Otherwise I would skip it all together. There are great restaurants in WDW and plenty of merchandise at the resorts and parks. I think it is more of an attraction for people who live in the area than those that go to the resorts. It is free parking and to walk around. There is the balloon that goes straight up in the air and the car boats to be driven around the lake but to me they are too expensive for what you get. Just another gimmick.

100% Agree with this. I could skip DS every single trip.

Dining, dining. dining.

Homecomin', Boathouse, D-Luxe, The Edison (excited to try it), Jock Lindsey's, Sprinkles, Paddlefish, Polite Pig, and so much more!

I guess we’re in the minority, but we love Disney Springs! We like strolling through, browsing the shops, eating at one of the many fabulous restaurants. Our must-do shops are the Art of Disney, the new co-op, TrenD, the kitchen place and, of course, World of Disney. We always pop in Amorette’s to see what treats they have, and I’m a Sprinkles fan. Just a relaxing way to spend a few hours.

We love Disney Springs. We will spend a full day there and a few hours during the week when we want too. Love the stores as there are more items to select from then there are in the parks. We enjoy trying the new restaurants and I’m looking forward to the Void Star Wars experience. It really depends on what you’re family likes to do.

Disney springs is fantastic

My favorite store to go in is definitely the Trophy Room. It's a boutique store that is managed by one of Michael Jordan's son's.

Some very rare and highly expensive shoes in there in a class case along with some MJ autographs. Easily well over $100k in that case.

Also never know what celebs you might see in there. There's frequently NFL/NBA players, rappers, and even Michael Jordan himself was in there last week.

My favorite restaurant there is Art Smiths Homecomin. Actually went for the first time and it happened to be their 1 year anniversary so Art was in there greeting everybody and chatting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter