Disney Springs Restaurant Recommendations

Finally the restaurants are now reserved.
8/19 - Leaving by 11pm and driving through the night for a 13/14hrs drive south to Disney
8/20 - Frontera Cocina (Disney Spring)
8/21 - Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - Celebrating my son Bday (He was born on the 21st)
8/22 - Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) - Celebrating my son Bday for the 2nd time
8/23 - Driving to Hutchinson Island/Jensen Beach

Finally the restaurants are now reserved.
8/19 - Leaving by 11pm and driving through the night for a 13/14hrs drive south to Disney
8/20 - Frontera Cocina (Disney Spring)
8/21 - Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - Celebrating my son Bday (He was born on the 21st)
8/22 - Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) - Celebrating my son Bday for the 2nd time
8/23 - Driving to Hutchinson Island/Jensen Beach
Frontera Cocina is not worth it.
Did not make it to Jiko. We needed to rest.
Crystal Palace was worth it. I would do it again.

We ate at City Works for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. It was great especially if your a beer drinker and was able to get a reservation same day on OpenTable.

Homecoming was a no go for us ONLY because we live in the south and the food they serve is the same thing we do here, but ours is better.

Raglan Road is good because it's different from what you eat at home every day, and, the entertainment aspect is fun. They also have some good beers.

We like Polite Pig. Near us, BBQ is disgusting mushy shredded meat on a hamburger bun. Love their Brussels sprouts, chicken, smoked turkey and brisket.

Boathouse is ok, but, once again, we live near and go to the ocean. We can get better fish, shellfish, where we live.

**Exception to the rule** Boathouse bar out on the dock is THE place to be. Have some drinks and sliders

Morimoto is another great place if you don't have one near you. PanAsian, not chinese.

I've been to Frontera Cocina a couple times and like it. Love the enchiladas and they have fried plantains, so they win. Nice atmosphere too.

If all the restaurants are full go to Rainforest Cafe and sit at the bar and have a burger.

We will be going to Disney next year and always enjoy Disney Springs but find ourselves going to the same restaurants. Are there any underrated or new restaurants that we should try?
Hard to say since you don't state where you have eaten before. That said....

Morimoto Asia
Homecomin'
Frontera Cocina
The Boathouse

All are excellent.

On the casual side, The Polite Pig, Chicken Guy and D-Luxe Burger are worth a try.

The most underrated restaurant at Disney is at DS IMO. Give the chicken fingers or fish a try at Cookes of Dublin. The indoor seating is limited but it's the one place I've made sure to visit every trip since I discovered it over 10 years ago.

I was debating Boathouse which I have reserved and Wine Bar George which has been on my list for a last few visits but haven't tried yet. Haven't been to either actually. 4/6 of us aren't seafood people but we are originally from the east coast and I think the 2 seafood eaters would like it. Idk. This is for our arrival meal and probably the only time we will get to DS during this trip. Stay with Boathouse or go with Wine Bar George?

Frontera Cocina is not worth it.
Did not make it to Jiko. We needed to rest.
Crystal Palace was worth it. I would do it again.
I was quite surprised that Frontera was not worrh it! It sounded amazing. Just wasnt!

City Works

If your into any Craft Beer, this place is amazing, like a Yardhouse on steroids, fairly reasonable priced food and large portions. We had great service on Multiple visits.

Seems like I've been missing out at Disney Springs! Definetly have to plan for dinner there for our next trip. 🍽

Homecomin’
Boathouse
These two are probably two of the best on property in for and service experience

Splitsville has a vast menu more in line with a typical sports bar or pub grub spot. Really great choice for sharing plates and change from the Disney owned restaurant menus.

Chicken Guy, Raglan Road, and Wine Bar George (supposed to be good never have been)

I was quite surprised that Frontera was not worrh it! It sounded amazing. Just wasnt!

Don't get me wrong the atmosphere was good. I was limited on what to order on the Menu. I think I order the Oaxacan Red Mole Chicken that the server recommend (I don't eat Pork or seafood). The sauce that was on the Oaxacan Red Mole Chicken was way overpower. I could not eat it.

I was debating Boathouse which I have reserved and Wine Bar George which has been on my list for a last few visits but haven't tried yet. Haven't been to either actually. 4/6 of us aren't seafood people but we are originally from the east coast and I think the 2 seafood eaters would like it. Idk. This is for our arrival meal and probably the only time we will get to DS during this trip. Stay with Boathouse or go with Wine Bar George?
Boathouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter