Disney Springs favorite sit down Resturant?

I haven't been to Homecomin' yet. I was considering it for our DS night in 2 weeks, but then I looked at the menu. We live in Richmond, Virginia. Pimento cheese, deviled eggs, pulled BBQ, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, etc, are on almost every restaurant menu in my city. We even have little mom and pop places that specialize in fried catfish sandwiches and collard greens. I ended up choosing The Boathouse.

Homecomin' gets rave reviews on the Dis. Is Southern food really exotic to folks in other parts of the country? Or is Homecomin' just exceptionally good?

Have had great meals at MORIMOTO, RAGLAN ROAD, D'LUX BURGER, and BLAZE PIZZA.

I haven't been to Homecomin' yet. I was considering it for our DS night in 2 weeks, but then I looked at the menu. We live in Richmond, Virginia. Pimento cheese, deviled eggs, pulled BBQ, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, etc, are on almost every restaurant menu in my city. We even have little mom and pop places that specialize in fried catfish sandwiches and collard greens. I ended up choosing The Boathouse.

Homecomin' gets rave reviews on the Dis. Is Southern food really exotic to folks in other parts of the country? Or is Homecomin' just exceptionally good?
I wouldn't consider Southern food exotic, but here in the Northeast (Boston suburbs) it's not found all over. I definitely enjoy pulled BBQ or fried chicken, but around our town those come mostly from chain restaurants, with a few exceptions in some cities. So, yes, for us it would be a reason to go to Homecomin'. Currently trying to decide between there and Boathouse...as seafood on the other hand is on every corner from Boston or Cape Cod to Maine in these parts. The atmosphere looks cool at Boathouse, but then there's the moonshine and fried chicken at Homecomin'...decisions, decisions!

The Boathouse: I've been 4 times and going back for a 5th. That should tell you how good it is. Also I love that their menu ranges from simple and inexpensive to higher end. I've had mixed service. Twice good, twice bad.

D-Luxe: It was slow, but generally very good. If a little greasy. I found it expensive, especially since you can get a better burger for not much more at Boathouse.

Blaze Pizza: It was overall meh for me. I thought the pizza was underwhelming. But good value.

Earl of Sandwich: I loved this place. Great value, good sandwiches and nice seating.

Homecomin': I had a mixed meal. I loved the apps, drinks and dessert. I did not enjoy my fried chicken. The fried chicken dinner at Olivia's was considerably better and considerably cheaper.

Any list worth reviewing would include:
Paddlefish
Boathouse
Homecoming
STK

EDITED: A Ghirardelli chocolate ice cream sundae topped with marvelous whipped cream used to be the family-favorite treat in Downtown Disney. But since it has become Disney Springs, we include a stop at Vivoli Il Gelato & Genachery as our newest decadence. And we cannot eat these treats and eat at our favorite sit-down meal on the same excursion.
Haven't had STK in Disney but the STK here in DC was not good. Only open a bit more than 2 years before closing down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter