Disney seems to be full everywhere during the week

bonnielynn

DIS Veteran
I want. I have never had so much trouble getting into a DVC. I do agree that I waited a bit before trying to book, but I have been trying for months and nothing. NOT even at Vero beach.

Has Disney oversold to us DVC members and we are going to have to book at the 11 month mark to get in? Has anyone else having this problem? Is this just me this year?

What time frame are you looking to book? From Oct-Jan DVC is very difficult to get, unless you book before the 7 mo. mark. And even then some are gone already.

I want. I have never had so much trouble getting into a DVC. I do agree that I waited a bit before trying to book, but I have been trying for months and nothing. NOT even at Vero beach.

Has Disney oversold to us DVC members and we are going to have to book at the 11 month mark to get in? Has anyone else having this problem? Is this just me this year?
Disney sells as many points as they are able to book every room every night. The problem is that demand is not equally balanced 365 days a year. So trying to book at 7 months or less for popular times can result in lack of availability as a larger percentage of owners (or renters) want to book rooms then than they have rooms to accommodate.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised that 75% of the members want to book during the same 4 ½ months and/or around a holiday. And the other 7 ½ months are usually available at the 7 month mark. Of course some rooms are hard to get year round because they are cheaper points, a popular resort like BCV or VWL, VGC or there just too few of villas like at Club Level at AKV and the owners are booking them before the 7 month mark.

What time frame are you looking to book? From Oct-Jan DVC is very difficult to get, unless you book before the 7 mo. mark. And even then some are gone already.
October 8 - October 15. I know its the food and wine and such, but I can't even get into Vero beach for the week...

I wouldn't be surprised that 75% of the members want to book during the same 4 ½ months and/or around a holiday. And the other 7 ½ months are usually available at the 7 month mark. Of course some rooms are hard to get year round because they are cheaper points, a popular resort like BCV or VWL, VGC or there just too few of villas like at Club Level at AKV and the owners are booking them before the 7 month mark.

I have never had a problem before and just found it wild that I can't get that week - October 8 - October 15 - anywhere in Florida or NC.

Since it is a point program and not a fixed week (with a few exceptions at Aulani, VGF and PVB of course) that means that every buyer could potentially have purchased to go that one week. No real reason to think they oversold - just that you want to go at a time many other members want to go too.

I have never had a problem before and just found it wild that I can't get that week - October 8 - October 15 - anywhere in Florida or NC.
That week does include Columbus Day weekend which is quite popular as many kids have a long weekend.

That week does include Columbus Day weekend which is quite popular as many kids have a long weekend.

I was told by DVC that they have the week off? I am unsure, but I know if I want to go to the food and wine that I better book at the 11 mth mark for our resort.

I was told by DVC that they have the week off? I am unsure, but I know if I want to go to the food and wine that I better book at the 11 mth mark for our resort.
Some schools may be off the whole week (some have fall breaks) but I think most schools at least observe the holiday so it is popular with parents of school age children even if they don't have the full week off. We are traveling the following week and we did book at 11 mo. We wanted a standard BVW studio and they go right away at 8 am when the 11 mo window opens. We traveled the same week last year and studio avail at 7 months was extremely limited. Only Poly, okw (non HH), SSR, and AKL kindani were open for the full week at 8 am 7 mo out. By 8:30 that day only SSR had full availabilty.

DVC has the week off? Or schools have the week off? Lots of schools have added a fall break time around that time of the year.

Some schools may be off the whole week (some have fall breaks) but I think most schools at least observe the holiday so it is popular with parents of school age children even if they don't have the full week off. We are traveling the following week and we did book at 11 mo. We wanted a standard BVW studio and they go right away at 8 am when the 11 mo window opens. We traveled the same week last year and studio avail at 7 months was extremely limited. Only Poly, okw (non HH), SSR, and AKL kindani were open for the full week at 8 am 7 mo out. By 8:30 that day only SSR had full availabilty.

When SSR is full - I think wow.

I know its a popular time, but I booked last year not a problem.

You said you didn't try and book right away this year - so how far in advance this year compared to last year? Things change up a bit too. A few years ago it seemed like a lot of breaks were a week or so later in Oct and that was very difficult to book.

IMO worse now and will continue to get worse. More important now to buy where you love to stay.

:earsboy: Bill

Bill you are normally right on, so why do you think it will continue to get worse now ? What is different now than 3, 5 , 10 years ago?

I have a split stay reservation from 9/30 - 10/8, as you know I was trying to book a studio ANYWHERE on 9/29 as I am getting in a day early, NO LUCK.

Bill you are normally right on, so why do you think it will continue to get worse now ? What is different now than 3, 5 , 10 years ago?

I have a split stay reservation from 9/30 - 10/8, as you know I was trying to book a studio ANYWHERE on 9/29 as I am getting in a day early, NO LUCK.
That's easy. The more DVC ownerships, the more people want to come to WDW. Even Aulani owners don't plan on going to Aulani every trip. VB owners want to book WDW, HHI owners want to book WDW. Especially for F&W/Halloween parties/running events. Fewer people want the middle of the summer with the heat. Or the winter months with the rain. Fall is prime time.

Set up a wait list for your missing night. One night is more likely to come through rather than many nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter