Disney Rewards Visa M&G

jchrapcyn

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the details of the Chase Disney Rewards Visa meet & greet at Epcot? Do you see a character? How do you get this? I have the visa and we are going in Sept- do you get a voucher or something- how do you go about it? also what is the time? thanks:)

I think the one at Epcot starts at 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I'm sure someone else will have the exact times.

Here's what's on Chases' site

4. The Disneyland® Resort Character Meet ‘N’ Greet Photo Opportunity is offered once daily at a selected time at Disney California Adventure™ Park and the Walt Disney World® Resort Character Meet ‘N’ Greet Photo Opportunity is offered at selected times at Epcot®. Separate Theme Park admission required. Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card or Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card for entry for up to 6 people per card (only one card may be used per visit). Operating times, days of the week, locations and appearance of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability and location capacity. Offer includes one keepsake 5 x 7 photo per valid cardmember account. Offer is subject to change without notice.

Basically you will go into Innoventions West for the M'nG. You won't know whose inside the curtained off area unless you ask the CM outside. You will get a voucher for a free 5 x 7 for each Chase Disney Visa you have. For example, if you and your DH each have a separate DV you can get 2 vouchers, each day. Then you use those vouchers to get your free 5x7. I believe you can only redeem them at Epcot. But you should be able to get a print of whatever you want, not just one taken at the MnG.

We've seen different characters. Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy mostly.It's nice because you can take all the time you want. No rushing.

ADDED-Here's one we got in 2009-Mickey and Pluto together. We usually don't get the free photo but that's because I always get the PP CD.

Image0552.jpg

I believe you can only redeem them at Epcot. But you should be able to get a print of whatever you want, not just one taken at the MnG.

This past December the CM at the Photo Shop was quick to point out that the voucher was only good for the Meet and Greet photos and quickly pointed out which ones were and were not eligible.

Dan

When you get to innovations west between the fire engine and the segways, there is usually a line to enter a curtained off area and a cast member at the front who will admit each family. Another cast member walks down the line and will ask to see your disney visa card and give you a voucher to use when you pick up your photo.When you are admitted into the photo area they will ask for your photopass card to scan and the pics will be put onto it. If you don't have one they will give you one.Usually there are two characters to meet and they mix them up so you never know who it will be. The cast members like it to be a surprise and won't always tell you.I have always picked up my picture on the way out of the park at the photo place near the entrance.Also we have gone more than once on our stay.

I am looking forward to doing this later this month :woohoo: because it is the first time I have gone with my Visa card :dance3:

We've gone three times and each time Mickey and Pluto have been there. Would love to see Goofy too. Maybe on this visit. I didn't realize they ever switched the characters.

I've never seen Pluto - I've done it several times over several trips and it's been Mickey, Minnie and/or Goofy :lmbo: I want Pluto!!

This was great! We have an awesome photo of my niece and nephew with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy from our last trip. My parents really wanted a picture of the grandkids, but my 1 yr old had just fallen asleep, but next year we will get that photo for them!
We went 2x on our last trip and never waited more then 5 minutes.
Just make sure that you have your Visa with you when you go, they will ask to see it.

we had Mickey, Minnie & Goofy.

ThE CMs wouldn't tell me who was back there, even when I said I didn't want to bother if it was characters we'd already seen. They still refused to tell me.
This is a (crappy) photo that I took. The PP ones came out much better.

33kvjnr.jpg

Just head over to Innoventions West between 1:30-4:30 with your Visa card. That's all. We went at 1:20 (last August) and there were only a few people in line and we saw Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. It takes about an hour or so for the pictures to transfer over to the Kodak Picture Pickup Center so leave enough time before you are going to leave the park so you can pick up the picture on the way out.

It was Mickey and Pluto on 03/23/11.

The line was pretty long immediately after it opened. The cast member told me that it takes them awhile to catch up, but the line is shorter after that.

The cast members will take pictures with your own camera as well as the Photopass camera.

After the photos were taken, I went immediately to the photo place to get my free photo. The photos were available when I got there. The wait at the photo place was longer than the wait for the photo shoot.

I think they vary which characters are there. We went when they first opened, got there about 1:20, we were second in line but when we came out there were probably about 15 people in line. This was also in September.

IMG_2771-1.jpg

While I appreciate the free photo, I guess we're the only ones who had a bad experience. In 2008, we went and even though we waited more than half an hour, the photo turned out nicely. Then in 2010 we went, and waited more than half an hour...and the photo was so dark, grainy and not good at all. The man who took the pictures had the ground in half the shot. It was not focused. I was very disappointed. He didn't have enough lights on I guess that made it so dark. WE've had the same characters in both times. Maybe next visit we'll have a better photographer.

We've had wonderful experiences at the Visa M&G - only once were we "rushed out". It's usually two to three characters: either Mickey, Minnie, Pluto or Goofy. Last time I was there was last September and we were in there for probably a good ten minutes - Mickey and Minnie were awesome with my son (12 months old) and Goofy had a grand time with my nephew. Here is our family picture:

ry%3D400

I cannot wait to do this! We leave in less than 2 weeks! Woo hoo!

Will the characters sign autograph books too? I'd love to have them sign a photo matte and then use it to frame one of our pics with the characters.

Thanks!

we had Mickey, Minnie & Goofy.

ThE CMs wouldn't tell me who was back there, even when I said I didn't want to bother if it was characters we'd already seen. They still refused to tell me.
This is a (crappy) photo that I took. The PP ones came out much better.

33kvjnr.jpg

They won't tell you because the handlers outside simply don't know. If the shift swap time has come, the characters inside will change, and the handler outside won't know. Typically it is from the fab five.

I cannot wait to do this! We leave in less than 2 weeks! Woo hoo!

Will the characters sign autograph books too? I'd love to have them sign a photo matte and then use it to frame one of our pics with the characters.

Thanks!

They are regular characters. They will sign anything a normal character will sign. It is just a M&G exclusive to cardholders. The characters tend to interact with kids more here and they normally don't rush you out of the room so it can be a great experience.

I am going in September and can't wait to do this. But I am traveling with 2 other families. Will they let them in also with me for the M&G:confused3? I would like to get everyone in the picture or perhaps just the kids. There is a total of 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter