• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 9 days I received a call back from Disney.
Her name was Alison and she was a pleasure to deal with.
We talked for 30 minutes. I explained all my concerns we had from my 12 day trip two weeks ago. The cleanliness, the poor service and food we had, the buses, the insane cost for the Minnie van service, the handling of my fathers bed situation, the insanity of having to go through bag check at the magic kingdom to access the boat for the Hoop and to get to and from the Polynesian for the buses. I said it was just line after line after line. When it takes 20 minutes and the line started at ohana check in to take the monorail to access the bus back again after dinner was crazy.
We talked all about the declining services I felt I’ve experienced in the last 5 years and constant up charges for everything. I told her I’ve been coming down from NH since 1999 two to three times a year and she said she saw I was a repeat customer. I said the parking fees don’t affect me because I was DVC but it was just disheartening to me to see this. I said the nickel and dime practices for less and less quality is baffling me. I explained my annual pass expires tomorrow and I didn’t renew when I was there due to the disappointment from the last trip and wasn’t sure I was going to renew it at all. I said I think I just need a break because my love of Disney was suffering. I told her I come every September for my youngest daughters birthday and for the first time ever I booked Universal instead the other night.
She was super nice and listened to everything I said with zero pushback.
She offered me a couple deals to reconsider, the annual pass was one and if I decided to reconsider the September trip and changed my mind to please call her directly and that she was going to take care of us.
She even emailed me after the conversation with a case number and told me it was a pleasure to talk to me and she could tell from my voice and well thought out explanations I was upset. She even thanked me for being so polite. I thought that was a very nice touch.
During the conversation she told me Mr Kalogridis has read my email. She also said this was the largest pushback from guests she’s ever seen.
She said to me without guests voices pushing back on these issues things won’t change.
So if anyone has concerns but didn’t say anything please speak up.

All in all I was impressed with the conversation and feel better about things. I’m sure it’s not all changing or actually anything will change but the acknowledgment at least made me feel a little better.

Thanks for taking the time to share that.

Btw, any chance her last name was Lovell?

Thanks for taking the time to share that.

Btw, any chance her last name was Lovell?
That is who I spoke with. Allison Lovell. I wasn't sure of her name from her voice mail but now it makes sense. Did you speak to her? She told me she had been a CM in guest services for 15 years. Very nice but said the parking fee wasn't going away.

That is who I spoke with. Allison Lovell. I wasn't sure of her name from her voice mail but now it makes sense. Did you speak to her? She told me she had been a CM in guest services for 15 years. Very nice but said the parking fee wasn't going away.

Yes, but I had the pleasure of speaking with her in 2014, nothing recent. She was fantastic. I was wondering if she still worked in that department.

Btw, going back to what we were talking about pages ago... Alison is the one who first told me that they have to call everyone back.

Yes that was her name. She was great to talk with. Had a great discussion on many topics.

Thanks! I could tell by your description that it was her. I’m glad she’s still there. I loved her. I agree, so easy to talk to... and down to earth.

So far, I have only sent my complaints to the execs. I haven’t bothered with GS because I really haven’t liked my recent calls from them. Now that I know that Alison is still there, I may just address my email to her. :-)

Yes, but I had the pleasure of speaking with her in 2014, nothing recent. She was fantastic. I was wondering if she still worked in that department.

Btw, going back to what we were talking about pages ago... Alison is the one who first told me that they have to call everyone back.

Thanks! I could tell by your description that it was her. I’m glad she’s still there. I loved her. I agree, so easy to talk to... and down to earth.

So far, I have only sent my complaints to the execs. I haven’t bothered with GS because I really haven’t liked my recent calls from them. Now that I know that Alison is still there, I may just address my email to her. :-)
Actually, She is the one who called me on behalf of George Kalagridis. I got a form letter from GS. She has been there a long time and the phone call may have been something they used to do for everyone.

Actually, She is the one who called me on behalf of George Kalagridis. I got a form letter from GS. She has been there a long time and the phone call may have been something they used to do for everyone.

Curious... She said she was in George’s office? I contacted GS in 2014, never the presidents office. Not sure what that is about. The signature of her emails listed her department as Guest Experience Services.

Or is GS and Kalogridis’ office one in the same?

Curious... She said she was in George’s office? I contacted GS in 2014, never the presidents office. Not sure what that is about. The signature of her emails listed her department as Guest Experience Services.

Or is GS and Kalogridis’ office one in the same?
I suspect there is a team of guest service people who get the higher priority emails to work thru - sending to an executive, escalates the email to this group.

Two points:

1. Used to be years ago as a DVC owner I would save points by getting a non dvc room over the weekend, especially if we were flying or driving in late. We have not done that in a very long time because the Disney resort rooms are so expensive. We now stay off site. With the parking policy in place we will only stay DVC, and yes, DH wans me to look into other options. Even though I have a trip planned in September, it will be without the AP.

2. I am curious - If Disney is saying that they are aligning their policies with Hawaii and Disneyland, do these locations also have magical express to the resorts?

We have never used DME - in all of the trips we have made we have either rented a car or driven. We have paid through DVC and our many resort stays for a service we have never used and I agree that this parking charge is a money grab and punishes the drivers.

I'm sure it has already been mentioned, but one of the "perks" of staying onsite has been that resort guests can park for free at the parks. I'm sure how they can even use this as a "perk" any longer for someone staying in a Deluxe. Because you are going to pay MORE to park at your hotel.

If we want to talk "industry standard" I can stay at a Hilton or Hyatt property for less than a Moderate, and the bed doesn't feel like cardboard and the carpet doesn't have stains on it. I can stay at an Embassy Suites for a fraction of the cost of a suite on property and it would include a microwave and breakfast that is better than the fast food at the food court. Of course if I stayed at one of those I'd have to pay for parking at WDW, but again, that is less than what a deluxe would cost, and the perk of not having to stand in line for 15 minutes waiting on a bus, only to miss the bus because it's full, and then stand for another 10 minutes, only to packed in like sardines... no thanks.

I'm sure it has already been mentioned, but one of the "perks" of staying onsite has been that resort guests can park for free at the parks. I'm sure how they can even use this as a "perk" any longer for someone staying in a Deluxe. Because you are going to pay MORE to park at your hotel.

Good point. ::yes::

I feel for the front line staff but we will speak with our dollars. If I have a trip to Orlando that requires me to have a car I will stay off site. I will tell my very large family to stay off site. There are no real benefits of staying on site.

We are driving next month for our stay AKL and we scheduled this trip way in advance so no parking fees. I might have missed this with all the responses on this fee, how do they know at the front gate that you paid in advance and how do you get your parking pass? Is this given when you drive through the front gate or do you have to get it at the front desk? Luckily we are flying for our trip in November and this also was scheduled way ahead of time. I doubt if we drive again that we will be staying at a deluxe resort because of the high parking fee. I for one would like the fees to be the same for all of the resorts.

We are driving next month for our stay AKL and we scheduled this trip way in advance so no parking fees. I might have missed this with all the responses on this fee, how do they know at the front gate that you paid in advance and how do you get your parking pass? Is this given when you drive through the front gate or do you have to get it at the front desk? Luckily we are flying for our trip in November and this also was scheduled way ahead of time. I doubt if we drive again that we will be staying at a deluxe resort because of the high parking fee. I for one would like the fees to be the same for all of the resorts.
Maybe that should say "the fees to be the same as the Value Resorts".

After reading these replies, I find it funny people are willing to throw something they like/love over a parking fee. I fully understand how expensive to stay onsite and prices go up each Year.... but this of all things they’ve done, it’s this you guys are angry at. Maybe I’ve never let myself to become jaded on what Disney is as a whole and just figured I should expect these things to happen whether I like them or not....
It's not just the parking fee. It's the increased park prices, increased room prices, increased dining prices, the deterioration of expectations, and the cutbacks on what you used to get for your money. Prices go higher, perks go lower. When I pay higher prices, I expect more for it.

If car dealership A has the car that I want for $20,000 and all of the options included, and then dealership B has the same make and model, but missing some of the options at the other dealership, but charge you for location and image...what value is better? I don't expect a room at AoA, POR, CBR to be of the same quality as a Hyatt or such, but to increase the price but not the amenities, the shine has came off of the Disney experience.

Look, I do not fault anyone for liking/loving the WDW experience, but for me, the price increases and nickel and dime decisions that WDW is making at ever higher profit margins, the value to me is not the same.

It's not just the parking fee. It's the increased park prices, increased room prices, increased dining prices, the deterioration of expectations, and the cutbacks on what you used to get for your money. Prices go higher, perks go lower. When I pay higher prices, I expect more for it.

If car dealership A has the car that I want for $20,000 and all of the options included, and then dealership B has the same make and model, but missing some of the options at the other dealership, but charge you for location and image...what value is better? I don't expect a room at AoA, POR, CBR to be of the same quality as a Hyatt or such, but to increase the price but not the amenities, the shine has came off of the Disney experience.

Look, I do not fault anyone for liking/loving the WDW experience, but for me, the price increases and nickel and dime decisions that WDW is making at ever higher profit margins, the value to me is not the same.

^^^ . . .all day long, because: We've all dealt with Disney's continually exorbitant price increases, justifying them in part by the total package you get for the price. More and more, Disney is removing the individual elements which helped justify that premium. At this point, you're left with just the hefty price tag and very little to show for it. In most cases, when you pay for premier products and services, you expect the red carpet and maybe even a few cartwheels. Disney now seems to think guests should be the ones performing those cartwheels, and it doesn't sit wheel being that it's my freaking nickel.

Last edited:
I'd imagine that your Magic bands have the reservation date.

:worship: So well summarized!

^^^ . . .all day long, because: We've all dealt with Disney continually exorbitant price increases, justifying them in part by the total package you get for the price. More and more, Disney is removing the individual elements which helped justify that premium. At this point, you're left with just the hefty price tag and very little to show for it. In most cases, when you pay for premier products and services, you expect the red carpet and maybe even a few cartwheels. Disney now seems to think guests should be the ones performing those cartwheels, and it doesn't sit wheel being that it's my freaking nickel.

:worship: Exactly!

I'd imagine that your Magic bands have the reservation date.

There is no data stored on the Magic Bands.

Your MDE account should reflect your booking date.

Hopefully someone who has checked in within the past few days will be returning from their trip soon and can report to us how this is being handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter