Disney Resort pools

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
So pools seem to be very important for our family when we visit Disney. We've stayed at a few resorts over the years, and have noticed what seems earlier "closing" hours of the pools. We often enjoy a nighttime swim after a big day in the parks. I wasn't sure if this was a Disney thing (perhaps cost cutting?), a resort thing (different resorts have different pool hours), or a time of the year thing (although we generally always go in the summer)--but the pools seem to be closing earlier each year. Hoping someone can provide insight.

Several years ago at the AOA, the pools closed at 11pm, but it wasn't enforced the first year we went (just no life guards after 11pm). The next year it was 11pm, and no one was swimming after 11pm. We stayed at the Poly, and noticed their pool closed at 11pm. We were shocked when we stayed at the Beach Club and noticed their pool closed, even in summer, at 10pm. Now, they did have a quiet pool, and that was open 24/7. During Christmas we stayed at the Boardwalk, and the close was 8pm (I'm guessing that is just because of winter?), but again the "quiet pool" was open 24/7.

So my question is, what pools stay open the latest at Disney resorts as we plan for our summer vacation? As amazing as the Beach Club pool was, we didn't really get to use it as much as we'd hoped it closed so early last summer. Thanks!

The hours do vary by Season and by Resort and even,sometimes,from Pool to Pool in a Resort.

Gone are the 24/7 days-Pool Hours are strictly enforced(although there are reports of some Leisure Pools still allowing 24/7 access).

We were there in February and All Star Sports pools closed at 11. I'm not sure how enforced it was, because we'd leave at 11 and didn't go by the pool after that to see if people were still in. I did read a post a couple weeks ago about pools closing at 8 this time of year, but last year it was 11 so who knows.

So my question is, what pools stay open the latest at Disney resorts as we plan for our summer vacation? As amazing as the Beach Club pool was, we didn't really get to use it as much as we'd hoped it closed so early last summer. Thanks!
The quiet pools. All the others close up anytime from 10:00 on. It's safe to plan that you can't swim in the feature pool after 10:00.

Almost all are 10:00 PM, with the quiet pools being later. But please, keep in mind... It's a quiet pool. Usually there are rooms closely surrounding the pool.

had a room facing the "quiet pool" at ASSp in 2009, there was a lot of yelling and screaming at 1-2AM, woke us up most night. Never again will we book a room facing any pool if we can avoid it. first time staying on site, we assumed quiet = quiet, not that much noise in the middle of the night; we are Rope Drop people so up early.

Last edited:
Noise levels have not been a concern. We are very quiet (its more about relaxing and tired feet at that stage, lol), and when we've noticed others down at the pools this time (quiet pools) they seem to be the same. I was just curious because 10pm seemed like an early close time compared to previous Disney trips in the summer.

Noise levels have not been a concern. We are very quiet (its more about relaxing and tired feet at that stage, lol), and when we've noticed others down at the pools this time (quiet pools) they seem to be the same. I was just curious because 10pm seemed like an early close time compared to previous Disney trips in the summer.
did not mean to sound like I meant your family was loud, just sharing what we experienced, expected some noise but not the screaming...

did not mean to sound like I meant your family was loud, just sharing what we experienced, expected some noise but not the screaming...
No worries! I totally understand! A few years ago, I remember some very loud folks on a balcony down below us. Thankfully, by night 2 I am usually so exhausted that there could be a sledgehammer and our entire family is asleep the second we hit the pillow. However, the Disney tired is the best tired ever:-)

had a room facing the "quiet pool" at ASSp in 2009, there was a lot of yelling and screaming at 1-2AM, woke us up most night. Never again will we book a room facing any pool if we can avoid it. first time staying on site, we assumed quiet = quiet, not that much noise in the middle of the night; we are Rope Drop people so up early.
If a pool is designated a quiet pool, it only means it is non-themed. Not that you have to be quiet. Even the leisure pools (quiet pools) have posted hours. If you are close to a leisure pool and people are making noise in the pool during the time it is supposed to be closed, notify the front desk and ask them to get Security to get the guests to be quiet or leave.

I'll just note here that Disney calls their pools either feature pools or leisure pools. The term quiet pool is a creation of the DIS. Yes, it would be nice if people would be courteous and keep the pool noise down at night, but Disney has no such requirement, and they make no such promises.

That's why I always say the best rooms at Pop are the ones facing Hourglass Lake. I've never understood why Disney thinks proximity to the loudest part of a resort (save for the bus stop) is worth more money and not less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter