• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Photo Session PART II

Here are just a few of my favorites from our June Photo Shoot with Regina Hyman.

There are many many more but it took me forever just to upload these to photobucket.

We just came back from a special trip when my wife celebrated a milestone birthday (4-oh no!!) In part of her birthday presents was a family portrait session.

I was going to use the Disney photo studio, but hear some of the stories and decided not to use them. So after a very long search for the right photographer, I was delighted to hire Kimberly from Portrayable Photography

From our first conversation, she was excited and open to discussing all the details of our family and shoot. Her fee was on the higher level of the group of photographers I was considering, but I loved her work and personality.

We booked and she met us at the Boardwalk resort. We were a little late from dinner (not much, 10-15 mins), but I kept in touch with her via text and she was flexible in our meeting time. From the beginning she attached herself to our kids and they loved 'performing' for her.

That said, my 4 year old was in a particular level of beast-mode that night (it was the end of our trip, he did not nap and he likes to 'show-off'). We could have gotten a lot more photos if he was being cooperative, but Kimberly did the absolute best of what she could with him. We had to miss a few shots I really wanted, but that was 100% on our side, not her's by any measure.

We received our gallery today and I am soooo happy with what she captured. We will have plenty of shots to decorate our walls from this shoot. I highly recommend her to anyone and was well worth the cost. Her package includes a DVD or thumb drive with every photo, edited/color corrected photos, and with full release.

We even made her blog and some of our favorite shots IMO didn't make it on there. We have so much to choose from: Boardwalk Birthday

Turtle31, those are so good...lovely family! Love the purples and pinks together...she captured a whole lot of happy in those pictures, and I know they will make you guys happy every time you look at them! What a great way to document your wife's birthday!!

glvsav37, yours are really good, too! Beautiful family and sweet moments captured!

Thank you both for sharing...makes me want to do a photo shoot again, but I don't think I'd convince my guys again!!

We just came back from a special trip when my wife celebrated a milestone birthday (4-oh no!!) In part of her birthday presents was a family portrait session. I was going to use the Disney photo studio, but hear some of the stories and decided not to use them. So after a very long search for the right photographer, I was delighted to hire Kimberly from Portrayable Photography From our first conversation, she was excited and open to discussing all the details of our family and shoot. Her fee was on the higher level of the group of photographers I was considering, but I loved her work and personality. We booked and she met us at the Boardwalk resort. We were a little late from dinner (not much, 10-15 mins), but I kept in touch with her via text and she was flexible in our meeting time. From the beginning she attached herself to our kids and they loved 'performing' for her. That said, my 4 year old was in a particular level of beast-mode that night (it was the end of our trip, he did not nap and he likes to 'show-off'). We could have gotten a lot more photos if he was being cooperative, but Kimberly did the absolute best of what she could with him. We had to miss a few shots I really wanted, but that was 100% on our side, not her's by any measure. We received our gallery today and I am soooo happy with what she captured. We will have plenty of shots to decorate our walls from this shoot. I highly recommend her to anyone and was well worth the cost. Her package includes a DVD or thumb drive with every photo, edited/color corrected photos, and with full release. We even made her blog and some of our favorite shots IMO didn't make it on there. We have so much to choose from: Boardwalk Birthday

Glad to read this. My hubby and I have a shoot booked with her in December at wilderness lodge. Can't wait!

My DH and I booked the Enhanced session with Disney last night. We'll be at the BoardWalk, so I'll make sure to post pics of our session once we're back. I'm hoping they turn out great. At least we were able to get a discount for DVC, so that helped a little. Now I'm torturing myself over what to wear!

I love seeing everyone else's shots--they are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!

We had a photo session at the beach club while there for our 10th anniversary trip.... now heading back a couple years later for my 40th and am thinking of getting another mini photo session again. I really LOVED my pictures:-) Is the cost still 150 and does it still come with the pics on a flashdrive? If someone can remind me how to post pictures here i will post some if anyone is interested.

We had a photo session at the beach club while there for our 10th anniversary trip.... now heading back a couple years later for my 40th and am thinking of getting another mini photo session again. I really LOVED my pictures:-) Is the cost still 150 and does it still come with the pics on a flashdrive? If someone can remind me how to post pictures here i will post some if anyone is interested.

According to Disney's website, it looks like the Mini session is still $150 and includes the flash drive!

I'd love to see some of your pics...I think you have to upload them to a photo hosting website (I use Photobucket), then you can link them here. Sorry I don't have more specific instructions.

So I cant figure how to face them in the right direction... but here are some from our session. I really liked them and I was sweaty and hot and the pictures show that, but it wasn't her fault lol!

For those of you who've done the Enhanced Session, how long did it take to get yours back? They told us 4-6 weeks and tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks. I'm trying SO hard to be patient, but I want to see them SO bad!!

Does anyone know what the current cost is for the resort photoshoot? The last one i did was back in Feb 2011. Is $150 still correct and that just gives you 20 min and a CD with all the shots?

Does anyone know what the current cost is for the resort photoshoot? The last one i did was back in Feb 2011. Is $150 still correct and that just gives you 20 min and a CD with all the shots?
Yes it still shows as $150 for the mini session which includes a thumb drive with all your pics

My DH and I had an enhanced portrait session last month at Epcot. I think the main advantage of doing Disney Fine Arts Photography instead of an outside photographer is that you can get into Epcot early for the ultimate private shoot. You can step inside gardens that normally people aren't allowed on (like on grass), which makes the pictures even more magical. I was told that they only have 2 time slots for Epcot: 7:45am and 9am, and we went with 7:45am on the first day of our trip (we checked into our hotel the night before). I thought about doing it during the middle of our stay to check out spots I might want to take pictures at, but I ended up choosing the first day first thing so I wouldn't have to worry about it and have fun for the rest of the stay! (Plus the first day was my last day in my 20's!) In hindsight it was a really good idea because 1) we weren't tired from the parks 2) nobody was cranky at one another from being tired and 3) there was fresh excitement that we were at Disney World!

While I wasn't completely familiar with Epcot, I did my research on the locations I really liked on Disney Fine Art's website, and I chose Canada, UK and France (they recommend choosing 3 countries adjacent to one another to save time). I knew there was a beautiful garden in Canada, so that was the first thing on my list. Also, before we started the session, I told our photographer and assistant that we have been married for over 4 years but never had an engagement photo shoot or a wedding for that matter, so we wanted to do an engagement shoot. I think that set the tone for the kind of pictures our photographer was going to aim for. I also told him that I really liked buildings, so we took many pictures by buildings too.

My DH doesn't like taking many pictures so much that it has become a recurring joke on FB that he never smiles or looks unhappy in photos where we're doing fun things/eating delicious food. We told our photographer and assistant that too, so that they can coach him to smile and tell him what to do.

I'm not sure if our photographer is a regular, since I didn't find his name on the list provided on the website and he didn't seem too familiar with the locations, (don't get me wrong, he's a true professional) but our assistant was a veteran assistant who helped our photographer recommend places to take pictures from in the beginning at Canada. They made a great team and made the photo shoot more than just a photo shoot---it was an experience! We had so much fun and I don't think my DH and I kissed so many times in an hour!

Our session ended up being well over an hour, and our photographer granted one final wish, to have a picture with the Spaceship Earth sphere in the background! That was a big bonus, since that screams Epcot. While yes, it was expensive ($450 for shoot + disc), it was well worth the price and the memories and photographs are priceless. I will try to upload photos later!

We got almost 140 pictures, including many with filters & effects along with the originals. I can't post all but here are a few...
11043161_10102913721091424_4420387621350456982_n.jpg
11066777_10102913721490624_1573241963630813239_n.jpg
10430394_10102913722184234_1788567580122197234_n.jpg
11025952_10102913722508584_2401588318358756129_n.jpg
11051990_10102913722972654_9027489944965848015_n.jpg
10659341_10102913725502584_8531014514753571062_n.jpg
11043197_10102913725796994_579422884937546509_n.jpg
10985080_10102919841526024_2347024325785734066_n.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone done a 20 minute session at Boardwalk? How many pictures do you get? I've seen some with balloons and I'm wondering if they bring props or if we would buy them for our pictures?

Do you get more pictures in the 1 hour session or just better ones?

In the 1hr session, you get an assistant who does lighting, which can make a big difference. The lighting can make blemishes and other things disappear...I took a selfie right after my session and seeing my face in that picture got me worried, but my skin looks perfect in all my pictures from the shoot! In our case, the assistant also helped break the ice and helped us relax and have fun, especially with our photographer more focused on taking the pictures...no complaints there, he did an amazing job!

The 20min session I believe comes with the pictures just the way they are. The 1hr session also comes with pictures with selected ones with effects and enhancements---there are some pictures that look great on its own but looks even more amazing with certain effects. They're not just simple black & white either...fancy stuff. I think they're worth it!

I am thinking about booking the Mini Session at the Polynesian in November. We did a session there probably six years ago. I am wondering if this is still a good choice with all the new bungalows. Or should I choose a session at the Grand Floridian?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter