• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney phased re-opening May 20th

Not taking June reservations anymore. Earliest is July 1 now. Guess that's an indication that the rest of the World won't be ready any time soon.

So do you think the July 1 reservation date means June is a definite no-go? I don’t whether I think that or just trying to manage capacity?

So do you think the July 1 reservation date means June is a definite no-go? I don’t whether I think that or just trying to manage capacity?

Pretty much everything is still available through DVC booking online, so perhaps phased resort opening?

They're not saying definite, the wording I saw still mentions flexibility to move a reservation to an earlier time if things open. But it doesn't seem promising for early June at least.

I think it’s possible they have stopped cash reservations for a June because of phased openings.

DVC is different.

According to Member Services, June reservations will be gradually cancelled.

According to Member Services, June reservations will be gradually cancelled.
I certainly don’t doubt that they told you this, but I do question where the CM got the information seeing as nothing has been officially announced yet regarding opening dates.

I certainly don’t doubt that they told you this, but I do question where the CM got the information seeing as nothing has been officially announced yet regarding opening dates.

She did not say anything about reopening. She said that June reservations would be gradually cancelled. May reservations have been gradually cancelled, so, it seems, this process will continue into June.

She did not say anything about reopening. She said that June reservations would be gradually cancelled. May reservations have been gradually cancelled, so, it seems, this process will continue into June.

Well, technically, that would happen as we continuation of what is happening in May So I am not actually sure this is confirmation that no June opening but rather it will just continue week by week until opening is announced.

ETA. I just did a chat and was told that the process is one week at a time with no determination as to June yet, Those will be canceled one week ahead of time if the resorts remain closed.

Last edited:
Well, technically, that would happen as we continuation of what is happening in May So I am not actually sure this is confirmation that no June opening but rather it will just continue week by week until opening is announced.

ETA. I just did a chat and was told that the process is one week at a time with no determination as to June yet, Those will be canceled one week ahead of time if the resorts remain closed.
This is how I interpreted it as well. The CM would have no knowledge of the actual opening date, so he/she just passed on the way the cancellations have been handled up until now (which is also on the member site).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter