Disney Pet Kennels

TinkerTink

Earning My Ears
Posted this in another segment so trying solo's and couples segment. My two Chihuahua's are basically my children. I cant leave them so was just wondering if anyone has used the Pet Kennels at Disney. There are 5 of them to my knowledge but cant seem to find any reviews.:littleangel::flower3::love:

I never used them but my 5lb chihuahua is also my baby so i understand let me know how you make out
maria

We used the kennel at DHS for my papillon; very satisfied. We had to walk and feed. Workers were always cleaning. Our "Bunny" was the dog of the day! I'd leave him again.

I'm not sure Bunny slept while there; he slept 14 hours straight on the ride home.

I'm fairly certain your dogs could stay together in the same cage. We chose an upper level cage.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

We used the kennel at DHS for my papillon; very satisfied. We had to walk and feed. Workers were always cleaning. Our "Bunny" was the dog of the day! I'd leave him again.

I'm not sure Bunny slept while there; he slept 14 hours straight on the ride home.

I'm fairly certain your dogs could stay together in the same cage. We chose an upper level cage.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Count me in the "small dogs group". We have two Maltese (5 lbs) and I have never brought them to Disney but have considered it. Could you tell me more about the kennel? I am assuming it is climate controlled? You said you had to feed..I free feed my girls. Is this possible in the kennel? Why did you pick the upper cage? Any other info you could give would be helpful. TIA

Count me in the "small dogs group". We have two Maltese (5 lbs) and I have never brought them to Disney but have considered it. Could you tell me more about the kennel? I am assuming it is climate controlled? You said you had to feed..I free feed my girls. Is this possible in the kennel? Why did you pick the upper cage? Any other info you could give would be helpful. TIA

The kennel has a/c; Bunny never complained about returning because he walked in the hot July heat.

Free feed? We fed Bunny outside; he would not eat if we left it in his cage. He also only eats "raw food". The kennel allowed the use of their refrigerator.

I picked the upper cage because the dogs are on eye level with the workers; might allow for extra interaction. And, it's easier for me to get him out of the cage. When you come to walk your dog; one person is allowed to go into the kennel to get the dog.

The kennel workers were very nice. I recall that one worker brought her dog with her

The kennel opens 1 hour before park opening and closes 1 hour after park closing. You must have the paper work to get your dog. If you need your dog while the kennel is closed; call the security phone number; we never used it.

Different Disney kennels provide different services. I think www.allearsnet.com lists the services of each kennel.

The kennel has a/c; Bunny never complained about returning because he walked in the hot July heat.

Free feed? We fed Bunny outside; he would not eat if we left it in his cage. He also only eats "raw food". The kennel allowed the use of their refrigerator.

I picked the upper cage because the dogs are on eye level with the workers; might allow for extra interaction. And, it's easier for me to get him out of the cage. When you come to walk your dog; one person is allowed to go into the kennel to get the dog.

The kennel workers were very nice. I recall that one worker brought her dog with her

The kennel opens 1 hour before park opening and closes 1 hour after park closing. You must have the paper work to get your dog. If you need your dog while the kennel is closed; call the security phone number; we never used it.

Different Disney kennels provide different services. I think www.allearsnet.com lists the services of each kennel.
Thanks for your answer.

Free feed means we don't put a bowl down for 15 minutes in the morning and evening and that is it. We have a bowl of kibble available all day (so they can nibble as they choose).

I have been researching hotels offsite so I can at least be with them at night primarily and visit throughout the day at the kennels. Still not sold on either just yet. I am glad "Bunny" was happy. Any suggestions on a nice hotel offiste that allows dogs. So far, Residence Inn Marriott is it. :grouphug:

I too have a small chi that is used to being in the house all day and sleeping with us. I really don;t have any one to watch her. We have taken her to be boarded but when we got home last time she had kennel cough (yes all her shots are up to date) I am wondering for those of you who bring your dogs, how far do you live? I am on the west coast and would have to fly her with us. Not sure that is such a good idea either. Also how much does the Disney Kennel cost?

Boarding

* All boarding rates include two potty walks and up to two meals.
* There is a full day charge for day of check-in.

Dogs
Overnight - Day Guest $23.00
Overnight - Resort Guest $21.00
Overnight - DVC Member $20.00
Daycare $18.00

Cats and Small Animals
Overnight - Day Guest $18.00
Overnight - Resort Guest $16.00
Daycare $13.00

Extra Special Services

Extra Walk $5.00
Cuddle Time $5.00
Ice Cream Break $4.00

* Medication: $2.00 charge per administration for owner supplied medications. (no injections) :teacher::teacher::teacher:

I have two Chihuahua's.. we live about 8 hours away in Atlanta. Good luck with your trip coming up. I think we will stay offsite and take them to the kennels during the day and then back to the hotel at night. We were there in September last year and stayed at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground in our camper and it took us about 10 hours to get there but it was worth the drive. The campground was FABULOUS. We just dont want to use all the gas and have the extra 2 hours this time. Trying to get there if February 2010. :flower3::flower3::yay::yay::cool2::cool2:

We used the DAK Kennel for our dog last Christmas. He is a Chi-zu and stayed a week. At DAK the owner has to feed and walk twice a day. We took our own food and they provided stainless bowls. We booked late and due to the holidays the full service kennels were booked solid. We were lucky to get DAK.

The kennel is very clean. It did not smell and all the employees were really nice. They let us pick his unit. He didnt like up hi at all. He was shaking so she recommended we move him low and he liked that much better. He also had a corner unit behind the entry door so I think he felt pretty safe there.
There is a gated area to walk your pet and you are supposed to clean up behind them. Some people did not. At night that area is pretty dark, safe, but careful where you step. It did appear that the employees cleaned this area at least daily.

There are a few spots up close to park at DAK for Kennel users. We would go early in the morning before park opening so that we could walk Mojo around the DAK entrance area. Then later in the evening. Once or twice we called security to let us in to get Mojo. They were always nice and expedient.

We stayed at SSR and AKV and we drove our van from Texas with our dog.
He seemed to enjoy it and I think he liked that we were there with him twice a day. It was not as much hassle as I first thought it would be, and I liked being at AKV early in the morning with the music and Christmas decorations.

Before we left WDW, we visited the Fort Wilderness full service kennel and it seemed larger and louder than DAK. We signed him up for our return Christmas trip before we left last year and good thing we did, because the prices increased back in June. We will pay last years rate because we were already booked. I did not want to risk being shut out again, the kennels are very popular.

This summer we used a local kennel that was recommended by a friend. Mojo hated it!! He stayed 2 weeks and really acted out. It was nothing like DAK or the nice place he stayed at Hilton Head Island once we left WDW. They claimed he was aggressive and biting so much so, that they could not give him his exit groom. They also tried to sell me 1k worth of intense training classes.:mad: I took him to Petsmart right down the street to be groomed and the young girl that works there had no problem with him and we wanted him shaved within an inch of his life! 3 months later he is starting to calm back down. He came home and started marking:eek:

So I fully endorse the kennels at WDW, cheaper than Petsmart, which is about the only other place I will leave him, because Petsmart is very similar to how Disney Kennels (best friends) are. We will drive again this Christmas and Mojo will go with us. He will be at the FW Kennel 2 weeks this year, but we will still visit and walk frequently.

I LOVE the kennels at Disney! We have one dog (a hound - big girl) and she's stayed multiple times, both at the kennel outside of Epcot and the one at the TTC. The staff was GREAT, it was clean, and Daisy Loved it. She's really friendly and happy anyways, but she's always excited when we get there and she sees she's going there again! LOL I always get her 1 ice cream treat for her stay and usually the extra walks too.

The one at the TTC has indoor and outdoor kennels. The last time we were there, she stayed in the outdoor one (it was fall - so not too hot or too cold) and there weren't many other dogs so one of the girls who worked there spent tonnnnssss of time with her. Spoiled baby. :goodvibes

We used the kennel at Fort Wilderness when Disney still operated them & they would feed the pets but you had to walk them. We were staying at VWL so I would hop the bus over from WL 2 to 3 times a day to walk her. We loved the people & they offered to help walk her if I couldn't get over there one day. Most of the workers at that time seemed to be retirees living in the area.

This summer we tried to use Fort Wilderness but it was booked so used the kennel at TTC. The workers were younger so I was a little apprehensive at first but it was fine. They misplaced her leash the first night but I was very insistent that they find or replace & they finally found it stuck somewhere. They feed and will walk the pets twice a day. They will walk extra for an additional fee. I generally tried to come in the afternoon as they seemed to walk mornings and evenings. Duchess, our cockerspaniel, loved the ice cream treats that you can purchase. I always purchased one when I visited her. One day I was too exhausted and called the staff so they gave her one for me.

We will certainly use again. I prefer Fort Wilderness as it gives us more room to walk but the one at TTC was fine. I prefer the lower cages as for ease in getting her in and out. It seems that most people use the higher ones for little dogs.

My sister has a mini Yorkie and when she's staying at Disney, she uses the kennel just outside of Epcot every time. They are really nice here and she's been extremely happy with their service.

i have been wondering about the disney kennels. my yorkie is also my baby and the only people that i will leave her with is my husband, my mom, or my brother. i don't know how comfortable she would be on her own without one of those people because she has difficulty warming up to new people and i'm not sure why except maybe because i spoil her so much.

My sister's Yorkie has become so accustomed to visiting here that she actually runs off to the staff as soon as she is inside! My sister calls out "Traitor!" LOL!

It's nice that they give you a report afterwards too on their behavior, sleeping and eating habits.

Honestly, my sister is this worried mother who spoils the puppy terribly, while her puppy is happy as a clam to be here! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter