Disney on my own...

Madtypr

Earning My Ears
My ex is coming down to FL and is taking the kids to Disney. He asked if I wanted to join them one day, so I will. I'm actually taking the kids over a day early and we're going to Animal Kingdom for the first time! I'm so excited! Anyway, they're staying in Ft. Wilderness with their dad and I'm in Downtown Disney. I'm going to be there one day on my own and am looking for suggestions of things to do? I have an AP, so can go to any park. I'm thinking I'll go to Epcot and do things kids wouldn't necessarily enjoy, like shows. Any recommendations?

I am ridiculously excited for the whole trip! We've been back in FL since 2009 (originally from here) and this is the first time we've been able to go. Two of my kids have no memory of going and my youngest has never been. WDW is my happy place; my best childhood memories were made there :) I'm sure that I'm not alone!

I am ridiculously excited for the whole trip! We've been back in FL since 2009 (originally from here) and this is the first time we've been able to go. Two of my kids have no memory of going and my youngest has never been. WDW is my happy place; my best childhood memories were made there :) I'm sure that I'm not alone!

Awww, enjoy your day at Disney!

I would love to go to Epcot and take my time and wander through every single store, do all the shows and exhibits, have a nice leisurely lunch and take lots & lots of pictures with no one nudging me to move on!

I had a solo day at Epcot several years ago when my 18-year-old took my 5-year-old to Animal Kingdom for the day. I had the best time! I did a few things in Future World, but I had the most fun in World Showcase. I went shopping around the world, and my goal was to get one thing in each country that was made in that country. I was staying at Pop Century, so I had most of my stuff delivered to the resort the next day--that was an interesting package pick-up! To this day, that has been my best day at Epcot ever. My 5-year-old is now 13, and she's ready to shop around the world with me, which makes me super excited about our trip next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter