• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure is confusing. "Lightning Lane" refers to the queue - foremerly the FastPass queues. You can book access to LLs for included attractions through Genie+. You can also book access to LLs for the Individual Attraction Selections that you pay extra for. Either way, you are reporting to the Lightning Lane during your specified window. It really is all very poorly named.
All attractions have a LL, LL is just the line you use to get quick access to a ride. Genie+ gives you access to the LL for 40+ attractions. IA$/ILL is an extra fee for currently 8 attractions.

The reason to give all attractions the same LL designation is that the IA$/ILL rides could change based upon how attraction popularity changes or when new rides come on board (TRON, GOTG).

Yes, I understand now that my brain has caught up. I'm just not used to seeing it referred to the long name of Genie+ LL, I'm used to either Genie+ = LL, or LL+ = IA+. So I read Genie+ LL = Genie+ and IA+. Too complicated.

Last edited:
Here's my question/predicament...

we fly in on Nov. 10th - and are headed to MK. My plan is to have already added on Genie+ to our tickets when they are released so I'll already have it in place for Nov. 10th.

So...my "plan" is at 7am, when I'm sitting at the airport in NC waiting to board my 7:30am flight to MCO I should be able to go into my Genie + and get a LL for MK, right? I'm assuming I will want to select a ride, I'm hoping for BTMMR, for later in the day, like 1pm or so....

BUT when I land, which will be 9:30am, can I go ahead and sign up for another LL ride for MK since my BTMMR will still be over 120 minutes away and the park is open or do I have to wait until I'm IN the park to get my "longer than 120 min wait" LL?

If I have to wait until Im IN the park, does that mean, when I tap in to MK at 11:00 (fingers crossed since we're at VGF) that I should THEN be able to get a 2nd LL ride at MK?

Thoughts?

RUMOR: Typhoon Lagoon Preparing for Fall 2021 Reopening at Walt Disney World

Now, BlogMickey.com sources have indicated that the pools are being refilled, and the shops and restaurants prepared as Cast Members begin to be called back to Typhoon Lagoon! As of publish time, Disney has not made any announcements about the status or return of Typhoon Lagoon, but we expect to hear more in the coming weeks.

If I have to wait until Im IN the park, does that mean, when I tap in to MK at 11:00 (fingers crossed since we're at VGF) that I should THEN be able to get a 2nd LL ride at MK?

This is how the system is set to work according to what Scott Gustin posted in his Twitter thread this morning. That reservation you make at 7am if it is made for later in the day is equivalent to making the selection at park opening. The 120 minute rule only goes into effect after park opening.

Here's my question/predicament...

we fly in on Nov. 10th - and are headed to MK. My plan is to have already added on Genie+ to our tickets when they are released so I'll already have it in place for Nov. 10th.

So...my "plan" is at 7am, when I'm sitting at the airport in NC waiting to board my 7:30am flight to MCO I should be able to go into my Genie + and get a LL for MK, right? I'm assuming I will want to select a ride, I'm hoping for BTMMR, for later in the day, like 1pm or so....

BUT when I land, which will be 9:30am, can I go ahead and sign up for another LL ride for MK since my BTMMR will still be over 120 minutes away and the park is open or do I have to wait until I'm IN the park to get my "longer than 120 min wait" LL?

Thoughts?

I don’t know if you will have a choice of times or not. I know the next available will be presented, but I don’t know if any time after that will also be presented. I thought that you could only pick the next available time with DLR Maxpass, but I only used it twice over 2 years ago.

@Avery&Todd
Deni’s article says that you will be given the next available time. You will enter the attractions that you want do through Genie+/Lightning Lane. Genie+ will pick one of those attractions and give you the next available time. I don’t think you can do this easily until you know that you can make it to the park in a reasonable amount of time, less than an hour. This is for Genie+, not individual attraction purchase.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ney-world-oct-19-weve-got-all-of-the-details/

@Avery&Todd
Deni’s article says that you will be given the next available time. You will enter the attractions that you want do through Genie+/Lightning Lane. Genie+ will pick one of those attractions and give you the next available time. I don’t think you can do this easily until you know that you can make it to the park in a reasonable amount of time, less than an hour. This is for Genie+, not individual attraction purchase.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ney-world-oct-19-weve-got-all-of-the-details/
hmmm...interesting...

so what happens if I log in, it gives me a time but I miss the window I can't make it to the ride? Does that mean I can't try for another LL for that ride for the rest of the day?

hmmm...interesting...

so what happens if I log in, it gives me a time but I miss the window I can't make it to the ride? Does that mean I can't try for another LL for that ride for the rest of the day?
currect unless you are given a grace period...
it's kind of like the legacy paper fast passes in a sense that if you aren't starting at rope drop and are coming in mid day you risk not getting lightning lane returns for the more popular rides

currect unless you are given a grace period...
it's kind of like the legacy paper fast passes in a sense that if you aren't starting at rope drop and are coming in mid day you risk not getting lightning lane returns for the more popular rides
ugh - well, I'm hoping we can use the LL by the time we get there - and there are extended hours that night, so the plan would be to ride everything then we missed during the day - like 7 dwarfs!

Because this will generate BIG money. I am sure it cost a lot to get the rights but he would not have done it if the ROI wasn't there. I guarantee this will generate profits.
Actually, most sports rights are loss leaders. Networks are willing to lose money on the costs of TV rights to use to advertise their upcoming shows. This purchase seems a little strange due to Disney's claim that they are bleeding money on ESPN.

Disney Confirms Castle Stage Show for Disney Very Merriest After Hours

Disney Very Merriest After Hours just got even merrier, with “Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories” joining the lineup of event-exclusive entertainment. Guests attending Disney Very Merriest After Hours, a separately ticketed event at Magic Kingdom Park taking place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 – Dec. 21, 2021, are invited to join Mickey and his pals for a celebration filled with music, dancing and nostalgic yuletide fun. Presented on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage, the show features nods to classic Magic Kingdom holiday stage shows, including “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”

Delightful Holiday Entertainment Will Enchant Guests Across Walt Disney World Resort This Holiday Season

On evenings when Disney Very Merriest After Hours is not being held, Cinderella Castle takes on a festive appearance with special projection effects, providing a colorful backdrop for our Guests’ photos. Throughout the evening, bursts of holiday magic will transform Cinderella Castle with a rotating series of designs, followed by a stunning transition in which the iconic Magic Kingdom Park landmark will shine as a Beacon of Magic, illuminating the night with an EARidescent glow.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town at Walt Disney World Resort

Guests will encounter Jolly Old St. Nick during special appearances across Walt Disney World Resort through Dec. 24 of this year. Catch sight of Santa cruising down Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade or venture over to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, to spot Santa voyaging across the Discovery River, spreading the joyous spirit of the season from a festive flotilla. Santa Claus will also pay visits to Magic Kingdom Park, EPCOT and Disney Springs, where guests will have individualized time to wave hello and share their Christmas wishes.

Experience Disney-Themed Trees and Much More at Disney Springs

Encounter The Merry Menagerie at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter