Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be a hot mess walking down Main Street in December after being away for 2 years...
We’re going in November and the last time was Feb 2020, obviously just weeks before they shut down. I’m gonna be ugly crying.

We are going in December. Last time I went was Spring Break 2013. Seeing the castle always choked me up before, can't imagine how it will feel this time.

If that presentation is in MCO prior to October 1 it will be more salt in the wound for those of us who will arrive for our trip.

All of those perks on the horizon....

Bitter? Nah. I love Disney regardless.

Jealous/slightly disappointed? Yep.

If that presentation is in MCO prior to October 1 it will be more salt in the wound for those of us who will arrive for our trip.

Can you push your trip until after October 1? Also remember that I think the 50th anniversary celebration is going to be lasting a full 18 months.

Yeah, I totally understand. I remember back several months when a lot of people on here were talking about trying to slide in just before the 50th celebration to try and beat the crowds and I remembered our last September trip for F&W actually being busier than the summer months before that. Covid, pent up demand,and the reopening have actually hurt that line of thinking as well. There were always going to be things after Oct. 1 that you missed out on, but now there are things that were normally there that aren't going to be open too. I hope you just look at it like we looked at our first trip post covid last December. Didn't do a lot of things we wished we could have, but did do a lot of things that we hadn't been able too in a long time. We made it the best it could be under the circumstances. Hope you enjoy!

I have not been to WDW since Jan 2018 so consider that as I ask this question. When did the Star Wars show go away at HS? I loved that show! Wonderful World of Animation looks fun, but all this time I was hoping for the "return" of the Star Wars show and I guess that went away a while ago?
They ended the Star Wars stage show around the time that Galaxy Edge opened. We really liked it, too, and were sorry to see it go.

Yeah, I totally understand. I remember back several months when a lot of people on here were talking about trying to slide in just before the 50th celebration to try and beat the crowds and I remembered our last September trip for F&W actually being busier than the summer months before that. Covid, pent up demand,and the reopening have actually hurt that line of thinking as well. There were always going to be things after Oct. 1 that you missed out on, but now there are things that were normally there that aren't going to be open too. I hope you just look at it like we looked at our first trip post covid last December. Didn't do a lot of things we wished we could have, but did do a lot of things that we hadn't been able too in a long time. We made it the best it could be under the circumstances. Hope you enjoy!
Absolutely will enjoy despite the reported lines. Will attempt to rope-drop on most days to get a head start as well.

It's Disney. Food and Wine and staying at the Boardwalk. Do I want EMH? Sure. I had them on all previous trips. I will never forget leaving the MK on my last night in 2019 at 2am. Not this time I guess.

I was also there last year staying at the Poly 1 week before the parks closed and understand thousands of vacations were cancelled so counting those blessings (although if I knew the apocalypse was upon us I might have pushed for more days) so to put it in perspective I can't complain (but I will pout a little). ;)

Halloween Town Beach Club Event

This was something that was teased back when the Halloween offerings came around. Appears it will be at least happening in New York at Chelsea Triangle on the corner of 9th Ave and W 14th Street.

So it's going to be a 'pop-up' type of event ... which seems to be the big thing over the past few years. It could be pretty interesting (or lame?). Amazon Prime recently had a 'Boys' Planet Vought pop-up event in LA that looked amazing. Probably the complete opposite of a Disney event and very NSFW but demonstrates that you can quickly put together a decent pop-up type of promotion.

Disney website seems to be down. Does this happen often, or are they updating with something new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter