Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a show kinda like the fireworks or I it completely different
This is only a porjection show. It used to be used as the precursor to teh Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. It's a lot like the "Celebrate the Magic" show they did at MK for a while.
Mostly projection and lasers. Maybe they’ll add some fireworks?

We saw it Dec’19 but I can’t remember if it had a few bursts*. It’ll be nice to have another night show to help spread guests out. Looks like Fantasmic has a way to go before returning.

eta- maybe we saw Jingle Bam instead? Oh, it was both lol 😂

Last edited:
This is only a porjection show. It used to be used as the precursor to teh Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. It's a lot like the "Celebrate the Magic" show they did at MK for a while.
Ah ok, already seen it but it was good. They aren't going to start charging for this then are they?

Blog Mickey reporting that the line for parking at park opening for MK today is over a mile long and park passes are still available.- calendar they showed was green.
We were there yesterday. All the walkways were sooo busy. It’s pretty clear they don’t have enough open. But, we had a wonderful time and had good luck with wait times in the evening after some rain and then during fireworks so we left happy. Even caught the finale of HEA while on Big Thunder which was magical! And got free Mickey bars, what more can you ask for 🥰

Multiple sites are saying HEA is gone permanently Oct 1. Really, after reading the announcement a few times, there's really no other way to interpret it that I see.

Outside of Illuminations, this is my favorite fireworks show ever and I'm sad to see it end. Regardless of how I feel about conditions, I am glad at least that we're going to catch it one more time.

No complaints from me on this one though. Things change and the next new show will have people who love it just like others loved Wishes and HEA.
I saw this too. I'm just surprised that they would get rid of it permanently - we knew Epcot Forever was temporary but I didn't think HEA was. It also has a ridiculous fanbase, haha.

I absolutely love HEA and I expected it would be gone after the initial announcement. I very much want to believe (to be fair, I do) that the eventual replacement will be spectacular and I will love it. However, part of me is worried that cost cutting trends could find there way into fireworks spectaculars as well. Lean more heavily on projections to save money... It could still work, and I trust that Disney will put out something spectacular but I am certainly more cautious with my expectations today than I would have been 2 years ago.

All I have to say about things going away permanently is Main Street Electrical Parade. Things/ideas never die at Disney.

Back when there were TWO parades and fireworks everyday at MK. And sometimes the nighttime parade was twice in one night! I loved that parade. And, AK and DHS had parades too....there's so much less now, and it's not all due to COVID

When did the Star Wars show go away at HS? I loved that show! Wonderful World of Animation looks fun, but all this time I was hoping for the "return" of the Star Wars show and I guess that went away a while ago?
This is what we are waiting on, too. We were there in February 2019 and the Star Wars Spectacular was still running, but we didn't see it because we were at Fantasmic. We were expecting to see it during our trip coming up in August. If anyone hears anything about the show coming back, please post! 🙂

It was a show that was on when I was kid. Set up kind of like a classroom. . .and the hosts talked like teachers. They would look into a mirror and call out names. I don't remember a lot about it, but it was a kid show. I looked, it ran from 1953 - 1994. I was surprised that long.
Wow, I didn't realize it ran that long either. My brothers and I were all on Romper room in the early 80s. My only real memory of being on it was being lectured extensively ahead of time to remember to sit "lady like" while wearing a dress on tv. :oops:

Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer

This is a first - DL always announces their renewal after WDW. Come on, WDW! I need to book for 2022.
I got all excited because I'm waiting on Salute tickets for March, but then was sad they're only 4 days. But then was happy again because it's for DL and I need WDW. :crazy: Still waiting is better than the wrong tickets I guess!

Why are you waiting to book? We were advised to book a basic package and just add tickets later if needed.

The article about the Star Wars hotel mentions scenes on the poster, "Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … I have a bad feeling about this."

I bet there will be some sort of "hotel-takeover" where stormtroopers arrive on the scene and a battle ensues. It says they will soon be sharing a more in-depth discussion about the hotel.

The description of Disney Enchantment does not say anything about being a part of the 50th, just happened to be shared on the day that many of the 50th announcements were made so it was a bit misleading, for me anyway. I wish I had paid more attention and the HEA news wouldn't come as such a bummer. Just seems like so much work to put into a show for only 6 years. I mean they had a recording artist instead of just using music that already existed!

"Be swept up in a world of wonder filled with friendship, love and fun as you watch this nighttime spectacular unfold. Inspiring everyone to believe in magic, Disney Enchantment will feature captivating Disney music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and—for the first time—immersive projection effects that extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom park.
It’s an awe-inspiring show you won’t want to miss—debuting October 1, 2021 during the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary celebration."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter