Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had any of the new merch been spotted at Springs or any of the parks besides MK?
We didn't see much (left yesterday but did not have a park day). At the Contemporary I picked up a starter set of 4 pins that comes with a lanyard and a 2022 poster calendar that "features images from the Disney Vault. These images are inspired by authentic art from the WDW opening in October 1971."

Yesterday, DD took the monorail to check out the general merchandise at the other resorts. On her way from GF back to Contemporary, she met an original cast member from 1971's opening day. MK had a breakfast/celebration for them yesterday. She was 88 years old and traveling with her daughter for the event. She said there are 27 cast members left from opening day.

Allegedly you CAN use 2 band on the same trip - as long as they're linked properly...from what I read...

however, the skeptic in me that actually believes I'm going to be able to do it correctly is strong, so I shall bring both bands each day (wear one, have one in my bag) just in case...

since I'm not technological savvy at all..just ask my DH....

I have heard that one key to getting them to both sync up is to make sure they are both in your account and linked to you and to make sure they can both open the resort hotel door....now, if someone was just BSing me, we'll see!
I use two bands all the time. No problems this past weekend at all :)

with my 2 new bands that have never been used, but are both linked to my MDE, is there anything special I need to do to make sure I'll get the green light when I scan in at the park??
Just make sure you bring the RIGHT one :D. On my June trip, I brought DS's band (who hadn't joined us yet) green band into MK and had confused it with my own SW green band that was apparently sitting back at the house we were renting...

That was fun. :rotfl2:

It took a few extra minutes, but a CM verified me, then gave me a card and I was let in.

Just make sure you bring the RIGHT one :D. On my June trip, I brought DS's band (who hadn't joined us yet) green band into MK and had confused it with my own SW green band that was apparently sitting back at the house we were renting...

That was fun. :rotfl2:

It took a few extra minutes, but a CM verified me, then gave me a card and I was let in.
YES!! This would totally be ME!! Well, except that I would bring my own (wrong) band since I probably can't mix up my bands and DH's band since mine usually have some sparkle or pink to them and DH stays clear away from those!

:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I legit use a different band every day, sometime multiple in one day! They need to match my outfit I have a problem. Long live the magic band!
I do this too! I didn’t have any problems getting into parks or into my room on my last 2 trips.

Allegedly you CAN use 2 band on the same trip - as long as they're linked properly...from what I read...

however, the skeptic in me that actually believes I'm going to be able to do it correctly is strong, so I shall bring both bands each day (wear one, have one in my bag) just in case...

I have heard that one key to getting them to both sync up is to make sure they are both in your account and linked to you and to make sure they can both open the resort hotel door....now, if someone was just BSing me, we'll see!
I legit use a different band every day, sometime multiple in one day! They need to match my outfit I have a problem. Long live the magic band!
I do this too. Just make sure all the bands you want to use are active in your account and you should be fine. You can toggle active status under "My MagicBands and cards", there will be a section titled "
Manage MagicBands or Cards". Expand that and you'll see the status of each band!

There is nothing "on" a band, they are just links to your account. So whatever is in your account will read on any and every band you have active in your account.

Oh, boo - I was hoping it would be sooner so I could see it!

This! Why did they not do this for Oct 1?!?!?!? It's clearly ready and it's just an insert and an update to the 4D effects. I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement.

This! Why did they not do this for Oct 1?!?!?!? It's clearly ready and it's just an insert and an update to the 4D effects. I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement.

Seems like they’re waiting for the end of Boo Bash to go and put all of those updates in. But I agree seems like a long wait for this update.

ETA: Nevermind that thought

Mickey's PhilharMagic to close for month-long refurbishment

Closed from 10/11 until reopening

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter