Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
French themeparks see a 20 - 50% decline in visitors after introduction Health Pass
(Article is in French, couldn't find an English translation)

So, on July 21st France introduced a pass sanitaire, a health pass. You need this to get access to museums, themeparks etc. As of August restaurants and malls will be added to this list. You get the pass (via an app) when you are fully vaccinated, got cured from Covid or have a negative test not older than 48 hours.

In the first week of introduction all French themeparks, including Disney, saw a decline of 20-50% in visitors, with max 70%. While the announcement did get a lot of French people make their vaccine appoints, it also makes that people decide to wait till they have had their shots, or decide to wait till the measures are over.

There are no exact numbers for Disney, but what I did notice today. It's the height of summer holidays and at midday the longest queues were for Space & Big Thunder Mountain 45 minutes (no FP available).
I really like the idea of a health pass.

As a french speaker (French Canadian), I just hate the word pass sanitaire. Pass is English, not French (passe ou passeport would be French words). Otherwise, I like the idea of using a health pass instead of re-closing the economy if we get a new wave of infections.

Here now- today was our first day. If disney is concerned with the new recommendations- besides face coverings bring added july 30- absolutely no social distancing is occurring. crowds are big and people are lined up around the parks because the lines are crazy long in the afternoons

Here now- today was our first day. If disney is concerned with the new recommendations- besides face coverings bring added july 30- absolutely no social distancing is occurring. crowds are big and people are lined up around the parks because the lines are crazy long in the afternoons

They are gonna have an insanely hard time enforcing it this time around.

Not if ppl are paying attention. Here news of breakthrough infections for those vaccinated plus the overwhelmed hospitals have ppl on edge. The state put out a mask advisory (not mandate) and most ppl here are wearing them.

I live in Florida and even today almost no one is wearing them.

we are canceling our 2 night stay end of august now, hoping October but not counting on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter