Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Okay....I'm new to this thread (and area of the forum)..but I was just seeking info on the Tropical Americas stuff.

Has there been official concept art released for anything or is it all still more in the rumor stage? I saw the imagineer video the other day and that's basically all I know. Can anyone point me in the direction to learn more??

What will the Encanto stuff be? Ride? Show? Walk-through?
Will Dinosaur definitely become Indiana Jones?

Okay....I'm new to this thread (and area of the forum)..but I was just seeking info on the Tropical Americas stuff.

Has there been official concept art released for anything or is it all still more in the rumor stage? I saw the imagineer video the other day and that's basically all I know. Can anyone point me in the direction to learn more??

Here are some pretty good summaries by Tom Bricker of what's been officially announced, along with some reasonable speculation. He was invited to Tuesday's presentation at Imagineering.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/tropical-americas-animal-kingdom-imagineer-progress-plans/

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/inside-imagineering/

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...to-build-beyond-big-thunder-at-magic-kingdom/

If you want to really go down a rabbit hole head over to the www.wdwmagic.com forums. Pages and pages of discussions there with lots of tidbits from folks who claim they have inside information (and are often correct). Hint - skip to the last few days of posts or you'll be wading through several years of rumors and arguing. As for the AK redo from what I've read over there: Dinosaur will become Indiana Jones. It appears there will be a Coco themed carousel and an Encanto ride of some sort (reportedly a dark ride).

Edited to add - but of course nothing is official until we hear it from Disney and even then, things can change.

Last edited:

Here are some pretty good summaries by Tom Bricker of what's been officially announced, along with some reasonable speculation. He was invited to Tuesday's presentation at Imagineering.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/tropical-americas-animal-kingdom-imagineer-progress-plans/

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...to-build-beyond-big-thunder-at-magic-kingdom/

If you want to really go down a rabbit hole head over to the www.wdwmagic.com forums. Pages and pages of discussions there with lots of tidbits from folks who claim they have inside information (and are often correct). Hint - skip to the last few days of posts or you'll be wading through several years of rumors and arguing. As for the AK redo from what I've read over there: Dinosaur will become Indiana Jones. It appears there will be a Coco themed carousel and an Encanto ride of some sort (reportedly a dark ride).

Edited to add - but of course nothing is official until we hear it from Disney and even then, things can change.

Okay...just clicked that first link. HOLY excessive ads, Batman!! I have an ad-blocker but I guess it isn't catching these. Awful. And why is there suddenly a video of some Alice in Wonderland restaurant stuck in there?

A carousel instead of a spinner? Booo. I know people hate spinners but my kid loves them and hates carousels. There's already so little for him at Animal Kingdom so I'll be bummed about this. Hopefully they will add something else over here that he'll like.

Okay...just clicked that first link. HOLY excessive ads, Batman!! I have an ad-blocker but I guess it isn't catching these. Awful. And why is there suddenly a video of some Alice in Wonderland restaurant stuck in there?

A carousel instead of a spinner? Booo. I know people hate spinners but my kid loves them and hates carousels. There's already so little for him at Animal Kingdom so I'll be bummed about this. Hopefully they will add something else over here that he'll like.
I use Ad Block Plus and rarely see any ads :confused3 .

I have Ublock Origin and I don't see any of the ads you're referring to.

To summarize, some permits have been filed for work at Animal Kingdom - this we know. The Tropical Americas has been a "blue sky" concept and is not official yet, but rumors seem to be pointing that way. D23 is coming up, so more concrete information may be released at that time.

I'm on my laptop. No clue what ad blocker I have...I just know it works on most sites but I guess not on that one.

Here's a screenshot of what I see. And I get various ads between each paragraph. Very annoying. But probably all the videos playing is the worst part. I don't know how this is the only site that does this for me.

ads.jpg

And another section....

ads2.jpg

I always have to resist clicking on his articles from Facebook, because it doesn’t block any ads. Pretty much unreadable that way.

I always have to resist clicking on his articles from Facebook, because it doesn’t block any ads. Pretty much unreadable that way.
I use Vivaldi browser. It has ad blockers built in and I get no ads on his site. The other day I tried on Chrome and yikes, lol

I didn't realize there will be 8 comic book movies (Joker 2, Venom 3, CA:BNW, Thunderbolts, Unannounced Sony Marvel, Superman, TF4, and Blade) within 13 months (Oct. 2024 - November 2025). Hoo boy.
Too many. Will water down the whole bunch

Nothing has been officially stated the speculation like above mentioned is
— dinosaur reskin to Indy but with a potentially different storyline then Disneyland
— New Encanto attraction most likely a trackless dark ride
— coco flat ride replacing triceratops spin most likely an alebrije themed carousel

I had seen a lot of rumors that the Casita attraction would be an omnimover like Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, but after the models were shown on Instagram I am seeing "guesses" that it could be like Mystic Manor based on the elevation of Casita? IDK that WDW would invest that much when the area already has an E-ticket with Dinosaur/Indy.

I don't want to get too far off topic, but is anyone concerned about Moana 2 going from a Disney+ release to theatrical release and not having Lin Manuel Miranda attached? I watched Wish for the first time this week and wow... those songs were legit terrible. Disney Channel originals have better songs.
Facts. Like him or not but Lin Manual Miranda made an amazing soundtrack for Moana.

The issue with Wish's soundtrack is that Disney hired people who write music for pop artists. Why they did this for a movie that is trying to be reminiscent of the Disney classics of old, I have no clue.

Unpopular opinion. I love the Wish soundtrack and I'm tired of Lin's work for Disney. Don't get me wrong, I love what he did with Moana but his songs in The Little Mermaid made me cringe so hard I wanted to leave the theater and it's just too obvious when he wrote a song. There is no differing styles or anything, it takes me out of the movie when I hear them.

I didn't realize there will be 8 comic book movies (Joker 2, Venom 3, CA:BNW, Thunderbolts, Unannounced Sony Marvel, Superman, TF4, and Blade) within 13 months (Oct. 2024 - November 2025). Hoo boy.

Yep ... I wish they would spread things out. The MCU had a big gap and then will probably start releasing too frequently and then the James Gunn DC stuff will start coming fairly often ... possibly too much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter