Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Once the actual ride started and I had the screen to distract me, I loved the old green and probably would have tried it again, just kept my eyes closed until it started. The current version I've only seen on YouTube but it's such a downgrade and tbh I don't think it would engage my brain enough to distract me from the fear.

It really feels like people got punished for not being able to physically handle orange, and it's a bummer.

I agree. There was nothing wrong with keeping both the same video and mission, just one that creates the G-forces and one that just shakes a bit. Actually, I wouldn't necessarily mind if Green was completely different and just not so lame! Like...why is is so lame?

Last edited:
"It really feels like people got punished for not being able to physically handle orange, and it's a bummer."
...and some of them today are getting punished with a 2 hour wait before getting punished with Mission Space Orange. Hopefully some of them didn't just get out of Space 220... a lot of Spaceghetti in those barf bags!

https://www.wfla.com/disney/florida-company-lists-disneys-former-fort-wilderness-cabins-for-sale/

Florida company lists Disney’s former Fort Wilderness cabins for sale

by: Katlyn Brieskorn
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 / 12:40 PM EDT

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — If you want to own a piece of Disney history, an Orlando company is selling cabins that were once housed at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.

Dream Life Mobile Homes listed the cabins on its website and Facebook Marketplace.
According to the listing, the cabins are about 500 square feet and come fully furnished. They have one bedroom and one bathroom and can sleep up to six people. The units were built between 1998 and 2001.

The listing said there are multiple cabins available and they could be a “great investment property option for Airbnb, Vrbo, tiny home resort, rental, and many other possibilities!”
Each cabin will need to have its deck, stairs and side skirting replaced.

The company has listed the cabins at $49,900 and claims it will deliver them within 25 miles of Orlando. Other delivery options are also available.

To learn more about the cabins, click here.

Last year, Walt Disney World announced that it planned to refresh the cabin hideaways at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The company said it would replace the existing cabins at the resort with 350 new cabins.

The planned cabins were part of a collection of improvement projects at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, including pool and walking trail enhancements.

That's not bad. We usually see it at 210 when we go, ie xmas-NYE, Spring Break, Thanksgiving. We usually just buy it though.
145 min wait for a 1 min 10 second ride (I timed it several times). That in a nutshell is why Disney is losing fans.

Its Spring Break for a lot of NJ...not sure what made today so special though...maybe folks leaving tomorrow?

Edited to mention I will be there in 9 days and going to MK in 10 days...it SHOULD die down by then I hope? The race is the following weekend but hoping for a dead next weekend.
FWIW
7th: low tier APs off a three week blockout period
8th-9th: AP “good to go” days
15th-19th: Massachusetts Spring Break (plus bookending weekends)
18th-21st: race weekend
20th -21st Dapper Day Weekend (Epcot sat /MK sun)
21st-27th: “Earth Week” at DAK
I’ve also heard there might be more “cheer” happening

"It really feels like people got punished for not being able to physically handle orange, and it's a bummer."
...and some of them today are getting punished with a 2 hour wait before getting punished with Mission Space Orange. Hopefully some of them didn't just get out of Space 220... a lot of Spaceghetti in those barf bags!

That's what I always say after hitting Biergarten - "Let's go ride Mission: SPACE!"

FWIW
7th: low tier APs off a three week blockout period
8th-9th: AP “good to go” days
15th-19th: Massachusetts Spring Break (plus bookending weekends)
18th-21st: race weekend
20th -21st Dapper Day Weekend (Epcot sat /MK sun)
21st-27th: “Earth Week” at DAK
I’ve also heard there might be more “cheer” happening
4/22 - 4/30 is spring break for NYC schools too.

https://www.wfla.com/disney/florida-company-lists-disneys-former-fort-wilderness-cabins-for-sale/

Florida company lists Disney’s former Fort Wilderness cabins for sale

by: Katlyn Brieskorn
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 / 12:40 PM EDT

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — If you want to own a piece of Disney history, an Orlando company is selling cabins that were once housed at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.

Dream Life Mobile Homes listed the cabins on its website and Facebook Marketplace.
According to the listing, the cabins are about 500 square feet and come fully furnished. They have one bedroom and one bathroom and can sleep up to six people. The units were built between 1998 and 2001.

The listing said there are multiple cabins available and they could be a “great investment property option for Airbnb, Vrbo, tiny home resort, rental, and many other possibilities!”
Each cabin will need to have its deck, stairs and side skirting replaced.

The company has listed the cabins at $49,900 and claims it will deliver them within 25 miles of Orlando. Other delivery options are also available.

To learn more about the cabins, click here.

Last year, Walt Disney World announced that it planned to refresh the cabin hideaways at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The company said it would replace the existing cabins at the resort with 350 new cabins.

The planned cabins were part of a collection of improvement projects at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, including pool and walking trail enhancements.
I'm assuming that you have to move it off Disney property....? Otherwise, maybe pay rent to keep it there? Can't imagine them letting you keep a cabin in THEIR woods...

Would 100% be down for this if they include central + South American animal exhibits. A new animal trail would be awesome.
Yeah! I’m just worried that they are sticking with what we got last year (being a DinoLand replacement) instead of going back to the drawing board and making it an actual park expansion, especially since Joe Rhode is back. There won’t be enough room for animal habitats and a trail if it’s a DinoLand replacement. The land, I think, should be put between the current park and Reedy Creek.
IMG_1792.jpeg
The "Beyond Big Thunder" project will be built west of Frontierland.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202404/10139/
Iger said that Disney will be filing permits, presumably with the Southwest Florida Water Management District, for construction preparation on a site west of Frontierland. A graphic shown by Iger showed a work area that spans both the waterway connecting the Rivers of America with the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Floridian Place, north of Maple Road.
I would love to see that graphic Iger showed to the Imagineers.

Last edited:
I still don't want to see DINOSAUR go. I mean, I love Indy, but I like DINO too and Indy is a good reason to get out to Anaheim every now and then!

I do have a proposed solution - and are you hearing me, WDI? - Indiana Jones and the Prehistoric Valley, in which Indy is exploring a remote part of South America where fossilized remains give way to a place where dinosaurs live. Create a story around that, like maybe trying to stop a profiteer from creating some kind of park featuring the live creatures. 😉 It would allow them to honor the previous ride and add soemthing new too. It's just a thought.

my company car is a Rav-4 hybrid. It has a speaker under the frame that makes a sound when you are backing up or going forward when the engine isn't running so that people know you are moving.

Our Maverick does as well. It's like a cute little chimey ding.

Yeah! I’m just worried that they are sticking with what we got last year (being a DinoLand replacement) instead of going back to the drawing board and making it an actual park expansion, especially since Joe Rhode is back. There won’t be enough room for animal habitats and a trail if it’s a DinoLand replacement. The land, I think, should be put between the current park and Reedy Creek.
View attachment 848260

The "Beyond Big Thunder" project will be built west of Frontierland.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202404/10139/

I would love to see that graphic Iger showed to the Imagineers.
I know this is a news thread and not a "rumors" thread, but someone I follow with a pretty good track record said Disney is concerned with the declining AK attendance and there is another E-ticket being planned. It's not approved yet, but the permit for all that Imagineering and construction is for a "big" project at AK in addition to the Dinoland change. IDK take it with a grain of salt.

I know this is a news thread and not a "rumors" thread, but someone I follow with a pretty good track record said Disney is concerned with the declining AK attendance and there is another E-ticket being planned. It's not approved yet, but the permit for all that Imagineering and construction is for a "big" project at AK in addition to the Dinoland change. IDK take it with a grain of salt.
I forgot to mention that I think they should throw in an Australian Rainforest land somewhere in the area I highlighted in my previous post. Plus, I really think they should do something about the empty area above Kali River Rapids. My idea is they replace both KRR and Maharajah Jungle Trek with a river safari ride with real animals, (like what was originally envisioned (Tiger River) back in the day, but using Shanghai POTC's ride technology) and a new animal trail within said boat ride.
IMG_1791.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_1788.jpeg
IMG_1789.jpeg

I’m really hoping that Disney made Monday and Tuesday Good to go days because they expect low crowds. Those are the two days our sons are joining us in Disney for MK and HS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter