Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Whoa, Iger just confirmed that Avatar at DL is indeed a land and the concept art he glimpsed shows it's not a clone of WDW's Pandora. Looked to me to be more focused on Way of Water?
Was just about to comment on this. Does anyone else think it looks like the Nemo subs or is it just me? Yup, was just me. I found a better photo of the concept art and what I thought was a sub was something else.

Also note that he said "possible" land. So this sounds like more Blue Sky concepts.

Last edited:
Whoa, Iger just confirmed that Avatar at DL is indeed a land and the concept art he glimpsed shows it's not a clone of WDW's Pandora. Looked to me to be more focused on Way of Water?
100% more focused on way of water. Though the concept art doesn't show how big the land is or what is in it. Could be as simple as an avatar walk through for all we know.

Asking Iger about Taylor Swift is obviously more important than their flagship resort!
That's not necessarily wrong. Swift had a measurable positive impact on NFL ratings--the most successful single entertainment enterprise I can think of. Granted, it's just north of 20% of all of disney on a revenue basis. On the other hand, the NFL generated 18.6B in 2022, while P&R generated $32.6B in '23. It would not surprise be to know that the NFL is larger than WDW.

Ms. Swift is individually accountable for north of $1.8B in 2023. So, she's equivalent to 1/10th of the NFL--at least, in this particular snapshot in time. So, probably more than 1/10th of WDW. As one person.

That's not necessarily wrong. Swift had a measurable positive impact on NFL ratings--the most successful single entertainment enterprise I can think of. Granted, it's just north of 20% of all of disney on a revenue basis. On the other hand, the NFL generated 18.6B in 2022, while P&R generated $32.6B in '23. It would not surprise be to know that the NFL is larger than WDW.

Ms. Swift is individually accountable for north of $1.8B in 2023. So, she's equivalent to 1/10th of the NFL--at least, in this particular snapshot in time. So, probably more than 1/10th of WDW. As one person.
It was still a pretty embarrassing question to end your meeting on. I did like how Iger gave the Taylor Swift question a better answer than all of the other ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter