Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Extended Closure Wil Last Several Months

CONFIRMED: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster’s Extended Closure Will Last Several MONTHS in Disney World​

By Myranda Juarez Leave a Comment

We’ve got more news to share with you about Rock n’ Rollercoaster’s upcoming closure!
2023-wdw-dhs-rock-n-rollercoaster-entrance-atmo-03-700x525.jpg

Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster
It was recently announced that the popular ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios would close for refurbishment starting on January 8th, 2024. However, when we first learned of its temporary closure we weren’t sure how long that would be. Now, we’ve got more information on how long you can expect to be without one of Disney World’s most popular roller coasters this year.
You’ll want to rethink your thrill strategy when visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios early this year. Starting on January 8th, Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster will begin its extended closure for the year. When we initially learned of the closure, no expected time frame of how long we could see the attraction down was listed.
2023-wdw-dhs-atmo-rock-n-roller-coaster-ride-700x525.jpg

Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Now, Disney has made an update to the ride’s page on their website letting everyone know to expect the closure to last for several months. They are anticipating a reopening sometime during the Summer of 2024.
Was really hoping this would be open around the time we would go in Summer 2024, otherwise HS would have been very appealing to go

So you can take a Lyft or Uber there from wdw? It just one way from wdw to Tpa so that’s only about double the cost of an Uber to mco.

Look into a one-way car rental. One of the hotel locations near Disney Springs for pickup, return to TPA. Might be a little more expensive than an Uber, but way less hassle.

How is this less hassle? Uber is door to door. Car rental is in DS and you need to go through the rental process.
I can’t imagine any Uber wanting to go from Orlando to Tampa. I just drove this on Friday from Tampa to Orlando and it took me 2.5 hours we were at a crawl for 30 miles on I-4. My 24 car rental cost me $67 so definitely cheaper than an Uber. There’s also a bus service called flixbus that goes between the two cities.

I can’t imagine any Uber wanting to go from Orlando to Tampa. I just drove this on Friday from Tampa to Orlando and it took me 2.5 hours we were at a crawl for 30 miles on I-4. My 24 car rental cost me $67 so definitely cheaper than an Uber. There’s also a bus service called flixbus that goes between the two cities.
Can’t disagree since I don’t live there. All I can say is that waiting at the car rental counter has to be in my top 5 of must not do. Unless you have no choice

We’ve only been to Disneyland once vs. yearly trips to WDW and we liked Dinosaur better. I think I kept hearing the hype about how superior Indiana Jones was and just didn’t see it.
Interesting reaction. I've done both and don't see the attraction of Dinosaur. I'm local to WDW but have visited DL several times. I've seen back stage at Indy there and ridden the attraction too. To me, it is so much better than Dinosaur. Different strokes....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter