Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Exclusive Look: New Artwork Revealed for Royal Banquet at Disneyland Hotel in Paris
As Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris prepares to reopen with royal fanfare on Jan. 25, Royal Banquet restaurant will soon welcome guests from faraway lands for daily festive receptions.

In this special place inspired by real castle reception rooms, you’ll be invited to attend a royal feast among an impressive gallery of portraits celebrating Disney’s famous royal stories. Here, dishes will be influenced by the diverse cultures that inspired these beloved tales like Spicy Cajun Shrimp, a dish paying tribute to Tiana’s native Louisiana from Walt Disney Animation Studios film “The Princess and the Frog.”

To best serve the culinary experience, Walt Disney Imagineering Paris and Walt Disney Animation Studios worked hand in hand to select and represent a wide array of characters, with each piece of artwork created exclusively for the restaurant. We’re sharing an exclusive look at the art in the restaurant — let’s check it out!

Check out the articles for all the images but here are a few:
View attachment 825230
View attachment 825231
View attachment 825232
View attachment 825233

Oh, man, Kida and family! Nice!

Exclusive Look: New Artwork Revealed for Royal Banquet at Disneyland Hotel in Paris
As Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris prepares to reopen with royal fanfare on Jan. 25, Royal Banquet restaurant will soon welcome guests from faraway lands for daily festive receptions.

In this special place inspired by real castle reception rooms, you’ll be invited to attend a royal feast among an impressive gallery of portraits celebrating Disney’s famous royal stories. Here, dishes will be influenced by the diverse cultures that inspired these beloved tales like Spicy Cajun Shrimp, a dish paying tribute to Tiana’s native Louisiana from Walt Disney Animation Studios film “The Princess and the Frog.”

To best serve the culinary experience, Walt Disney Imagineering Paris and Walt Disney Animation Studios worked hand in hand to select and represent a wide array of characters, with each piece of artwork created exclusively for the restaurant. We’re sharing an exclusive look at the art in the restaurant — let’s check it out!

View attachment 825230
View attachment 825231
View attachment 825232
View attachment 825233
I want that Kronk painting in my house TBH.

View attachment 825230
View attachment 825231
View attachment 825232
View attachment 825233
Abu when Genie briefly turned him into a horse. Hilarious! Took me a minute. It's little bit of a deeper cut, how cool. I'm loving seeing such variety of characters and some we hardly ever see like Kida and family.

Last edited:
Abu when Genie briefly turned him into a house. Hilarious! Took me a minute. It's little bit of a deeper cut, how cool. I'm loving seeing such variety of characters and some we hardly ever see like Kida and family.
I was trying to work out who the purple haired horse was, didn't spot Agrabah in the background or the Magic Carpet on the floor. I do appreciate that Disneyland Paris acknowledges some of the lesser known films like adding Luca to Bella Notte, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove and Wish in this restaurant etc.

Disney Updates Genie+ System to Allow All Guests to book multiple park attractions regardless of ticket type

Following up on an article from a few days ago, Disney World has adjusted the Genie+ system to allow for all guests, regardless of ticket type, to be able to make selections at all theme parks when purchasing the “Multiple Parks” option. First, a bit of background before we get into the recent change.

Due to the way the Genie+ system used to interact with the Disney Park Pass system, some guests found that they could not make Genie+ attraction selections at a theme park that was not their reserved park until they tapped into their initial park. Guests with a ticket type that does not require a Disney Park Pass theme park reservation were not affected.

As an example, if you had a ticket type that required a Disney Park Pass theme park reservation for a particular day, say EPCOT, you would not be able to make a Genie+ attraction selection for any other theme park until you physically tapped into EPCOT.

On the backend, Park Hopping is not unlocked on your ticket type until you tap into your first park when Disney Park Pass reservations are required. Therefore, when Genie+ looks at your ticket type to ensure that you have a Park Hopping entitlement at the moment you try to make an attraction selection, if you hadn’t tapped into your reserved park, Genie+ would not allow you to make an attraction selection at any park other than your reserved park.

It’s a bit of an edge case, but some guests did run into that restriction. Now, Disney says that the restriction has been removed, and any guests who have purchased the “Multiple Parks” Genie+ option will be able to make attraction selections at any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks starting at 7am.

Last edited:
Disney Cruise Line released initial details for Port Adventures that will be offered on Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point, and details (including pricing) are now available to view!

While there are some familiar excursions like snorkeling and bicycling, there are new historical and cultural tours of the island being offered as well.

You can view the entire list over on DCL Fan!

Disney Updates Genie+ System to Allow All Guests to book multiple park attractions regardless of ticket type

Following up on an article from a few days ago, Disney World has adjusted the Genie+ system to allow for all guests, regardless of ticket type, to be able to make selections at all theme parks when purchasing the “Multiple Parks” option. First, a bit of background before we get into the recent change.

Due to the way the Genie+ system used to interact with the Disney Park Pass system, some guests found that they could not make Genie+ attraction selections at a theme park that was not their reserved park until they tapped into their initial park. Guests with a ticket type that does not require a Disney Park Pass theme park reservation were not affected.

AD
As an example, if you had a ticket type that required a Disney Park Pass theme park reservation for a particular day, say EPCOT, you would not be able to make a Genie+ attraction selection for any other theme park until you physically tapped into EPCOT.

On the backend, Park Hopping is not unlocked on your ticket type until you tap into your first park when Disney Park Pass reservations are required. Therefore, when Genie+ looks at your ticket type to ensure that you have a Park Hopping entitlement at the moment you try to make an attraction selection, if you hadn’t tapped into your reserved park, Genie+ would not allow you to make an attraction selection at any park other than your reserved park.

AD
It’s a bit of an edge case, but some guests did run into that restriction. Now, Disney says that the restriction has been removed, and any guests who have purchased the “Multiple Parks” Genie+ option will be able to make attraction selections at any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks starting at 7am.https://blogmickey.com/2023/12/geni...lls-out-before-any-individual-park-sells-out/
Disney actually fixed something for the better?! I may die of shock 😂😂

Sketch Pad Cafe Opens at Pixar Place

A new dining location at Disney’s Pixar Place Hotel is now open! Guests can enjoy quick eats and drinks at Sketch Pad Café.

Sketch Pad Cafe is a Pixar-themed, quick-service restaurant—brimming with delightful sketches that track the development of beloved Pixar characters. Guests can grab a quick bite and drink from the cafe. Choose a delicious breakfast pastry—croissants, bagels, muffins and breads—from the renowned Röckenwagner Bakery. Or try one of the sweets offered, including Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Salted Caramel Brownie. And be energized from one of a variety of fine coffees, espressos, teas and juices.

Heat up a Mini Frittata—made of cheese and egg, or specially created either for vegetarians or meat lovers. Or try the Avocado Toast or Pizza Bagel.

Ezoic

Grab a Balance Box—with roasted garlic hummus, pita bread, veggies and a hard-boiled egg. Pick up the Adult Snackable—with meat, cheese and crackers. Enjoy the Coconut Chia Yogurt Parfait, Overnight Oats or a Fresh Fruit Cup. Or select a tasty meal from a variety of packaged sandwiches and salads.

Check out the fresh fruit, string cheese, yogurt cups, packaged snacks and more—available throughout the day!

I know they won't, but I wish they would bring back ME, even for a fee. I liked not retrieving my own bags at the airport and being able to check them in in the morning for Disney to handle until I get home to my own airport.

Also wish they would bring back package delivery to the resorts for guests on property.

Random thought as I plot my trips this year - with Thanksgiving being so "late", the beginning of december is going to be even more busy. :sad1:

We have about 20 early Decembers under our belt and quite a few of them had us arriving on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It did not greatly impact the parks then. People have less money to spend in this economy than they did in prior years. We will be okay.

I feel like they let the camp raiding gorillas from the Jungle Cruise design this whole "NEW" Park Reservation system. I didn't think it could get any more complicated until this latest twist.... what a mess.
I thought Park Reservation is a thing of the past as of the 9th?

I know they won't, but I wish they would bring back ME, even for a fee. I liked not retrieving my own bags at the airport and being able to check them in in the morning for Disney to handle until I get home to my own airport.

Also wish they would bring back package delivery to the resorts for guests on property.

These are the two things I miss the most. Not having to stand in two lines at MCO was a huge time saver. And they actually lose business from me because I don't want to schlep my purchases around with me all day at the park.

Figment Spaceship Earth Show Returns
The Figment Spaceship Earth show has returned to Epcot for the Festival of the Arts! This nighttime show lights up Spaceship Earth periodically after sunset.

The light display draws inspiration not only from Figment but also from the original Journey Into Imagination ride. It commences with the voice of the Dreamfinder singing excerpts from “One Little Spark,” the theme song of the ride, particularly from the art section of the original ride. As Dreamfinder mentions various colors, the lights on Spaceship Earth undergo corresponding changes.

Subsequently, vibrant hexagons and stripes seem to dance around Spaceship Earth. Certain lights transform into stars. Dreamfinder and Figment then perform the “One Little Spark” stanza, focusing on theatrical performances and alluding to costumes and sets.

While Figment serenades the “Imagination” chorus from “One Little Spark,” the lights persist in their lively dance, enveloping Spaceship Earth in a cascade of white stars. The sphere is then adorned with a spectrum of colors that harmonize with the song’s lyrics and beats.

Concluding the Figment light show, a mesmerizing display of white stars forms a captivating swirl across and around Spaceship Earth. This enchanting spectacle of the Figment Spaceship Earth light show can be enjoyed from the park’s entrance area or from World Celebration Gardens on the opposite side of Spaceship Earth.

Construction Underway in Jungle Cruise Queue
With the holiday crowds long gone from Walt Disney World, Disney is able to undertake some work that large crowds would otherwise prevent. One of those projects is some queue work, now underway at Magic Kingdom’s Jungle Cruise.

While visiting Magic Kingdom this morning, we noticed that a portion of the queue was behind low construction walls, presumably to allow for some flooring refurbishment, but Disney has not announced details of the project.

Here’s a look around!

AD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter