• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I loved that they also gave out the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Pin in addition to the Completer Cookie last year. It's the only reason I did the entire Cookie Stroll. I doubt I will go ahead and buy five cookies on the stroll during my December trip if they don't do something similar this year. Hopefully someone on here will post a picture if they offer, say, a Wish pin this year?? Hint, hint!! Please post! Thanks.
When I go at Christmas, I bring several tupperware type containers and ziploc bags. Could never eat all of the sugary goodness available during trip, but it is SO awesome to be able to enjoy them for the following weeks once home. (I do always worry that TSA will snatch some - lol)

When I go at Christmas, I bring several tupperware type containers and ziploc bags. Could never eat all of the sugary goodness available during trip, but it is SO awesome to be able to enjoy them for the following weeks once home. (I do always worry that TSA will snatch some - lol)
I do as well, but World-wide I have something like 15 cookies, plus whatever I buy at Gideons Bakehouse, already on my list. That number does include three of the Cookie Stroll offerings. There really needs to be something else offered as an enticement for me to want to go for the full 5 at the Cookie Stroll...lolol My list is truely insane this year!!

I do as well, but World-wide I have something like 15 cookies, plus whatever I buy at Gideons Bakehouse, already on my list. That number does include three of the Cookie Stroll offerings. There really needs to be something else offered as an enticement for me to want to go for the full 5 at the Cookie Stroll...lolol My list is truely insane this year!!
Since the 5 dont have to be different, sometimes I'll get multiple of one special one! Gideons can be my downfall too - then add something from the gingerbread house.....yikes - half a suitcase easily.

and the past 2 xmas I'd also buy some special 50th sweets........

My friend got a thorough inspection from TSA leaving MCO about her Gideon's cookies and cake slices. I guess they were so dense, they thought it was plastique or something. Oncd they figured out that it was food, they hinted that they would let her go if she gave them some :rotfl2:

My friend got a thorough inspection from TSA leaving MCO about her Gideon's cookies and cake slices. I guess they were so dense, they thought it was plastique or something. Oncd they figured out that it was food, they hinted that they would let her go if she gave them some :rotfl2:

I easily brought home 10 pounds of cookies last trip, LOL!

There is no way Disney would give up their Frozen cash cow so easily. If these do well and original projects continue to flop or barely break even, we're getting at least 3 more of these.
I wouldn't even mind if the sequels made sense and were good stories. Alas, it seems like Toy Story 2 will remain the one good sequel.

I wouldn't even mind if the sequels made sense and were good stories. Alas, it seems like Toy Story 2 will remain the one good sequel.
If these movies were at the quality of Toy Story 2, I wouldn't even bemoan them as much. I'd even be okay with ones that are meh like Finding Dory. I don't want them to be as awful as Incredibles 2 though.

Frozen 2 songs: 8/10
Frozen 2 plot: 3/10. (Anna's dress is responsible for 2 of those points. )
I also didn't connect with the plot on my first watch years ago in theaters. Mostly I was very confused. Earlier this year we rewatched it and watched the documentary mini series on Disney+ about the making of the movie (pretty good, btw) and it answered a lot of my questions about the plot. Then I liked it a lot. But I do think the movies have to stand on their own without needing further explanations, so I hope they've learned from that for the next movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter