Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

As far as D+ is concerned, I might just drop it when I get back from my WDW trip. Well, maybe I will rewatch the Indy movies first.

As far as summer travel, I was supposed to go on a Med cruise with my Mom in July. I started looking at airfare as soon as we booked it. I thought the prices were nuts and they just kept going up and up. Add to that, the worry of canceled flights just made me pause. So we moved the booking to a port very close to home. We upgraded from a Grand Suite to a two story Crown Loft Suite on Royal and it is still much cheaper than the first trip we had planned. The cruise is sold out or close to it. From what I have read, cruising is selling like hot cakes at the moment.

My Disney trip with DD in a couple weeks couldn't be working out any better. I booked airfare with points. The points needed to book actually went down a few weeks ago so I cancelled and rebooked. I saved enough to book another free one way fare another time. I was able to book our hotel with a discount. With the exception of the Fantasmic Dining Package and Yak and Yeti, I keep changing my ADRs around with ease. The Yak and Yeti ADR blows my mind. That was the one ADR I could always get at the last minute. Crazy times!!

With how fast our magic key reservations go, this is awesome news! If I want to (guaranteed) go Saturday’s I typically have to book them at least a full month out. Then the day comes up and I want to switch which park I’m starting at, or I see that Sunday is available and I’d rather go then…tough cookies, because with the old way we’d end up cancelling our reservations and then none would be available. This is a great change!

1102_24657d3a46.jpg

Walt Disney World Cast Member pay rise to go into effect later this month

Walt Disney World Cast Member union UNITE HERE Local 737 has disclosed that the previously announced pay rise for Walt Disney World union cast members will go into effect Sunday, May 21.

Also confirmed by UNITE HERE Local 737 is that the second portion of the retroactive pay will be in checks dated Thursday, June 15. This second retroactive payment will cover all hours paid between March 26, 2023 and May 20, 2023.

On April 20, 2023, Disney made the first retroactive payment for all hours paid between October 2, 2022 and March 25, 2023.

The Union announced on March 30 that its members voted yes to Disney's latest offer to increase the minimum wage from $15 to $18 by the end of the year for full-time workers at Walt Disney World.

Maleficent’s Fire-Breathing Flamethrower Effect Returns to Disney World’s Festival of Fantasy Parade

View attachment 761073

After temporarily suspending the fire-breathing effect for Maleficent in Disney World’s Festival of Fantasy Parade on April 23rd, the effect has returned! We stopped by Magic Kingdom earlier today to get photos of the flamethrower effect, which continues to impress guests.
oh thank goodness! My gf STILL hasn't seen the real FoF...the year the dragon caught fire was only a few months before our trip so it was gone from the parade entirely and I was losing it when they said no fire after the DLR Fantasmic incident. She can't catch a break with this thing. Now she will finally get to see FOF in all its glory

I think that's an incredibly bad idea. The big hits are obvious and you don't need streaming data to tell you that Moana, Encanto, and the Mandalorian are popular. Go beyond that and you should realize that streaming is all quick hits and then viewers are on to the next trending show with our short attention spans. How many people are still talking about 'Tiger King'

Also concerned that this may reduce focus on IP like The Muppets if their streaming shows don't do well ... will they be deemed no longer relevant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter