• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 2nd thought is more along the correct lines. We've stayed at many hotels in the last yr and all had full service. We stayed at Swan over the summer and had excellent (by far best we've ever had for a weeks stay) and it was excellent full service.

Disney...why pay for labor when ppl will pay and fill the resorts regardless.
This! We have had full housekeeping service in every non-Disney hotel we stayed at for the past 2 years. 5 in all. Just returned from a Bahamas trip yesterday and had full service there too. It’s nothing but more Disney cost cutting measures. Many other resort’s don’t seem to be having a problem with housekeeping. Disney wants you to believe there is a shortage of workers. Don’t believe it.

This! We have had full housekeeping service in every non-Disney hotel we stayed at for the past 2 years. 5 in all. Just returned from a Bahamas trip yesterday and had full service there too. It’s nothing but more Disney cost cutting measures. Many other resort’s don’t seem to be having a problem with housekeeping. Disney wants you to believe there is a shortage of workers. Don’t believe it.
On the other side, I've stayed at over 10 hotels in the last 2 years all over the country and not a single one of them has had full service, including the 5 or so this year. None of them have had regular housekeeping services. Most were once every 3-5 days.

On the other side, I've stayed at over 10 hotels in the last 2 years all over the country and not a single one of them has had full service, including the 5 or so this year. None of them have had regular housekeeping services. Most were once every 3-5 days.
It's funny. In our experience the big chains are still just doing the bare minimum. They seem to still be in pandemic mode. However, we've stayed in some smaller hotels in the last year that are back to full housekeeping. I guess the little guys have to try harder :confused3 . Though to be perfectly honest I haven't missed it all that much. Just keep our trash emptied and bring us fresh towels every 3 or 4 days and I'm good and don't have to worry about dodging a housekeeper cleaning a room that really doesn't need to be cleaned.

It's funny. In our experience the big chains are still just doing the bare minimum. They seem to still be in pandemic mode. However, we've stayed in some smaller hotels in the last year that are back to full housekeeping. I guess the little guys have to try harder :confused3 . Though to be perfectly honest I haven't missed it all that much. Just keep our trash emptied and bring us fresh towels every 3 or 4 days and I'm good and don't have to worry about dodging a housekeeper cleaning a room that really doesn't need to be cleaned.
Hmmm, maybe it's regional?? We've stayed at many Marriotts, a handful of hiltons and a few holiday inns generally up and down the east coast always full service for at least the last yr. We also had a 3 night Marriott stay in CO over the summer...again full service.

Not sure what the rhyme/reason is, but a company as big as Disney certainly could...since it costs them money though and doesn't seem to have any negative impacts for them it seems to be pretty far down on their priority list.

This is also our experience. We haven’t stayed at a hotel since covid started that has housekeeping everyday. I don’t think it’ll ever come back either for the most part.

DECEMBER 5th FANTASMIC Dining Package - Mama Melrose

If anyone has an extra "seat" or is willing/able to add ONE to their reservation for the Dec 5th Fantasmic Dining reservation, please PM me. Solo traveling, 55 yr old female. Only night I can attend the show. Been trying to get a reservation since they opened with no luck. Thanks much.

It's very hard to believe you. There is a huge shortage of workers everywhere. I have not gone to any restaurant or hotel since covid without a big issue with a shortage of employees.

I get the full parade is a perk for mvmcp/Christmas week at WDW but even without celebrating Christmas I can’t help but feel cheated thinking they should even just filter in a seasonal unit to festival of fantasy or add one festive cavalcade outside the pay wall at Magic in line with the DHS cavalcade

Having just watched this parade last night, the parade at mvmcp is so much better. Maybe it isn't always the way it was last night, I haven't watched anything on youtube, but it didn't feel like a parade. It was like 3 floats with dancers and characters and then minutes until the next grouping. There was no flow and it took longer to watch it than we thought it would. A parade should have minimal gaps between stuff. It was weird.

It was my first holiday time at dlr and while HM holiday was impressive, I missed the regular one. Small world with the holiday overlay was impressive and the one thing I would go back to see. Otherwise I'd happily spend to go to mvmcp or just do the holiday at wdw because they do a better job.

DECEMBER 5th FANTASMIC Dining Package - Mama Melrose

If anyone has an extra "seat" or is willing/able to add ONE to their reservation for the Dec 5th Fantasmic Dining reservation, please PM me. Solo traveling, 55 yr old female. Only night I can attend the show. Been trying to get a reservation since they opened with no luck. Thanks much.
Are you trying to book for one? Disney is known to limit reservations for odd parties and parties of 2. You may be able to get a reservation for two and then when you check in, tell them there’s only one.

It's very hard to believe you. There is a huge shortage of workers everywhere. I have not gone to any restaurant or hotel since covid without a big issue with a shortage of employees.
You don’t have to believe me but this has been my experience.

i have a question that hopefully some one here will know. with the new dining reservation cancellation, where you can cancel 2hrs or more before your reservation on MDE, does that also apply to the restaurants in Disney Springs? gonna try for a reservation for our first night, but our flight gets in around 7:30pm and has already been pushed back 20 minutes. just want to make sure i can cancel through MDE at least 2hrs before just incase theres more delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter