• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobblestone Replacement Project Complete in Germany Pavilion at EPCOT

germany-pavilion-pavement-replacement-project-complete-july-2022-1.jpg
germany-pavilion-pavement-replacement-project-complete-july-2022-2.jpg

I got to say, this has been one of the worst things they have done at the parks. Not having a human take the photos and getting the perfect moment shots during the interactions with the characters sucks, and I feel bad for those missing out on receiving a lifetime moment on camera.

Instead you get 7 with your back to the camera and 1 pose shot...
This wasn’t our experience. They caught good shots of DS going in to hug the characters.

Splash Mountain Log Sinks Yet Again at Walt Disney World

As we approach the end of Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World, egregious failures in maintenance continue to come to light as for the third time in nearly two years, a log with guests aboard has sunk in the ride.

SplashMountainLogSinks2022_3.jpg

The video, shared by Ted Klein on Facebook, shows guests both still in the log and in the flume surrounding it, attempting to evacuate their fellow riders. The action took place near the attraction’s end, next to where Br’er Fox’s tail is being pulled on by Br’er Gator.

As we approach the end of Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World, egregious failures in maintenance continue to come to light as for the third time in nearly two years, a log with guests aboard has sunk in the ride.

The video, shared by Ted Klein on Facebook, shows guests both still in the log and in the flume surrounding it, attempting to evacuate their fellow riders. The action took place near the attraction’s end, next to where Br’er Fox’s tail is being pulled on by Br’er Gator.
I don’t like to harp on things but one of the issues I hammer on all these ride shutdown discussions is almost all theories of safety in workplace say small maintenance issues predict safety incidents. With many of these rides having unexpected downtime a lot of discussion seems to focus on lack of quality experience which is valid but even more important is it also builds to things that jeopardize guest safety and well-being. I feel like with rides sinking in Disney world and catching on fire in Disney land it’s only a matter of time before a guest is injured due to lack of maintenance on these attractions. The current state of some of these rides is completely unacceptable and it’s unfathomable to me leadership team is allowing this stuff to happen on such a regular basis completely oblivious to the risk of eventually having guest inured or worse directly attributed to cost cutting of basic maintenance.

Just stay afloat till after my Trip please...

Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

The giant animated billboard just outside Disney's Hollywood Studios on World Drive has been a landmark at Walt Disney World for decades and has gone through frequent updates, including a name change to the park and promoting different versions of the Tower of Terror attraction.

The Tower of Terror billboard features moving elevator and has is a Walt Disney World landmark

There is no word on why the billboard is being removed, but the structure is likely expensive to maintain and viewed as unnecessary. The area will become home to landscaping instead.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction will remain open as usual with no plans for any changes.

Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

The giant animated billboard just outside Disney's Hollywood Studios on World Drive has been a landmark at Walt Disney World for decades and has gone through frequent updates, including a name change to the park and promoting different versions of the Tower of Terror attraction.

The Tower of Terror billboard features moving elevator and has is a Walt Disney World landmark

There is no word on why the billboard is being removed, but the structure is likely expensive to maintain and viewed as unnecessary. The area will become home to landscaping instead.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction will remain open as usual with no plans for any changes.
I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal but I'm a little sad. Seeing this sign was nostalgic to me since my family drove to WDW a lot and we always passed it. I did notice that it wasn't working on my last trip so that is most likely why it's being removed. At least it's just the sign and not the Twilight zone theming of the actual ride :(

I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal but I'm a little sad. Seeing this sign was nostalgic to me since my family drove to WDW a lot and we always passed it. I did notice that it wasn't working on my last trip so that is most likely why it's being removed. At least it's just the sign and not the Twilight zone theming of the actual ride :(
I feel the same! It’s definitely the one sign we’d look for as we’re driving in!!! 🥺

Funny but I just drove past this yesterday and thought to myself, "there's a sign that should have been removed years ago". The attraction is certainly a major draw, but perhaps something more contemporary like Toy Story Land, or perhaps Galaxy's Edge could have replaced it by now.

I feel the same. During my first trip to Disney as an adut in the mid-nineties, I recall being captivated when we drove in and first saw this sign. It still makes me smile when I see it. Hope they replace it with something interesting

I was wondering about it on our last trip as we drove by since it seems kind of neglected.

I feel the same. During my first trip to Disney as an adut in the mid-nineties, I recall being captivated when we drove in and first saw this sign. It still makes me smile when I see it. Hope they replace it with something interesting

First time I went to Disney I was 20 and I REALLY wanted to go on ToT. Driving in I saw this sign and loved it. I got so excited. I always look forward to seeing it on every trip.

It was probably a decision between fixing that sign and fixing the yeti. So they decided to do neither and just remove the sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter