Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 Closing June 27 for Likely Use During Food and Wine Festival

According to Disney, Canada Far and Wide will be closing on June 27th at EPCOT. While not explicitly stated, it’s likely that the closure will be temporary as Disney prepares to use the space again for the upcoming EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival, which begins July 14th and runs through November 19, 2022.

They need to quit shutting down this attraction to sell more food. I was unhappy last year when I couldn't see the new video in October but thankfully I knew about it beforehand. If they keep doing this every fall then I don't know when I'll get to see the new video since we typically now go during our October anniversary.

YES. I KNOW.

I'm bemoaning the fact that we lost Ample Hills (for whatever reason) and this is the garbage we get instead.

Sorry. Your initial post insinuated a cause and effect, as in we lost that for this, as in in favor of. It's just semantics - no need to get upset.

I do find the overly antagnostic nature of the people against Salt & Straw to be surprising though. Have any of you even tried it? They do have "normal" flavors too. Why does it hurt so much that it exists? I mean, I don't like shellfish, but I'm not calling for them to close Cape May or other seafood places - I just don't go to them. :confused3

Sorry. Your initial post insinuated a cause and effect, as in we lost that for this, as in in favor of. It's just semantics - no need to get upset.

I do find the overly antagnostic nature of the people against Salt & Straw to be surprising though. Have any of you even tried it? They do have "normal" flavors too. Why does it hurt so much that it exists? I mean, I don't like shellfish, but I'm not calling for them to close Cape May or other seafood places - I just don't go to them. :confused3

It will be a cold day in Hades before I eat Balsamic ice cream. I don't need to justify my preferences. That is all. You go right ahead and enjoy the mung bean and beeswax ripple. I'll be over at Ghiradelli. And I do avoid seafood places too. The smell is unbearable.

Disney Announces ‘Encanto’: The Sing-Along Film Concert

E2D3371C-AF22-401A-8892-F5BDB985E385.jpeg

Encanto: The Sing-Along Film Concert is debuting this July in Ridgefield, WA and will tour around all around the United States for a grand total of 32 stops including Tampa, Dallas, and Cincinnati. As part of this event, a 10-piece orchestra will play the music from the movie as audience members watch the film on the screen. During the songs, the audience is encouraged to sing along as the band plays.

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from the event’s website.

It will be a cold day in Hades before I eat Balsamic ice cream. I don't need to justify my preferences. That is all. You go right ahead and enjoy the mung bean and beeswax ripple. I'll be over at Ghiradelli. And I do avoid seafood places too. The smell is unbearable.

Your preferences are fine - it's the vitriolic hatred toward this particular establishment that I don't get. There are plenty of places to get ice cream, like Ghirardelli. The seafood places can exist too - it's no bother to me. Seafood places usually have a burger or chicken fingers too, just like Salt & Straw has vanilla and chocolate. It's there if you want it.

New ‘Date Nite at Black Spire Outpost’ and More ‘Star Wars’ Art Revealed for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

Several works of art, including one featuring Batuu from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, have been revealed for the Star Wars Celebration Art Show, a returning tradition to this year’s Anaheim celebration. Each work will have a limit of 250 prints, with 200 available for pre-order and pick up at the Art Show and 50 reserved for sale at Celebration. Pre-orders will go live at DarkInkArt.com on May 2 at 12 p.m. PT and run through May 16 at 12 p.m. PT. Check out some of the art below.

date-nite-at-black-spire-outpost-900x1200.jpeg

1651509017737.jpeg
*click for more

Do we know yet if Cosmic Rewind will be included in Genie+ or an Individual Lightning Lane? And if that means Ratatouille will be staying as an ILL$ ????

lol - i'm sure they'll be happy to sell you the empty cup for the same price as the full one.

Hey, I've treid that at Trader Sam's, but they said they have to pour the drink. It works out though, since I don't drink, I sent my Nautilus to another table and hung out with them for a bit. I've let friends and strangers drink my alcohol just to get the mug.

The blue/green milk is more of a texture thing, since it's non-dairy. It just seems...off. I do like the green a bit better than the blue though. I might be able to tolerate a cup once in a while.

Last edited:
Do we know yet if Cosmic Rewind will be included in Genie+ or an Individual Lightning Lane? And if that means Ratatouille will be staying as an ILL$ ????
We don't know for sure, but some have anticipated that Cosmic Rewind will replace Ratatouille in the individual lightning lane selection. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! With initial G+ and ILL selection rollout, they said that the 2 rides in ILL selection could change in the future, with 2 max at a time per park.

From a prior post … unfortunately, nothing official yet.

'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' preview timetable begins to take shape at EPCOT

When the attraction does open, we should also expect a virtual queue to manage guest numbers. It would seem likely that an Individual Lightning Lane purchase will be offered, allowing Disney to quickly monetize the new ride. Should Disney go this way, as it did with Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, it does mean there will likely be no standby line option available to guests who miss out on either of the two ride reservation systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter