• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Construction Work to Take Place at Disney's Wilderness Lodge This Afternoon

Guests staying at Disney's Wilderness Lodge should be aware that construction work will take place today (Sunday, March 20, 2022) in the Boulder Ridge area of the resort from now until 4 p.m.

Crews will be cutting through concrete to adjust some of the walkways; as a result, Guests may hear some very loud noises during that time. This work is expected to be completed today, but that is subject to change depending on operational needs.

Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary Resort to Offer Easter & Mother’s Day Dining

Brunch will be served from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm on the following dates:
  • Easter – Sunday, April 17, 2022
  • Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 8, 2022

Highlights include:
  • Walt’s Prime Rib Hash – Seared Prime Rib, Fried Potatoes, Caramelized Onions and Peppers, topped with a Fried Egg
  • Floridian Eggs Benedict – 2 Poached Eggs and a Crab Cake with Hollandaise atop Toasted English Muffins served with Breakfast Potatoes
  • Bacon & Eggs – Maple-Lacquered Pork Belly, Smoked Cheese Grits and a Perfect Egg
  • French Onion Soup – Rich Beef Broth, a Crouton and Gratinée Cheese

Brunch will be served from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm on the following dates:
  • Easter – Sunday, April 17, 2022
  • Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 8, 2022

I am bored this Sunday, so I calculated: He was there for 14 hours, max possible was 84 laps. He did 66 laps, the ride takes 10 minutes, that's 11 hours. He was in line for 3 hours (or stuck on the ride).
That's an average of 2:43 minute waiting time per lap.

I am going to assume the CMs let him stay on for at least a couple of laps.
Lol...thx. I thought about doing the math myself, but it seemed exhausting lol. Interesting, I wonder if there really wasn't a line when they let tyem reride or what exactly one would need to do/say to get to reride.

I sure hope they have to get off and back in line just like the rest of us. I do remember the good ole days of ppl. mover never really having a line and they'd let you stay on if there wasn't a line, but those days seem to b long gone.
When I was there last month, even with a long line, there were more empty trams than filled. I don't know why they send so many without guests on it?

We had lunch at Steakhouse 71 and the hostess told me the reason the newly redone check in area at the contemporary is sectioned off right now is because they are putting new flooring in that was delayed due to supply chain shortages. She also said their wood walkway down to the main entrance to the restaurant was just installed a couple of weeks ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter