Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve looked everywhere for my friend, and cannot find a link or any additional information on how to book. I am assuming that you will have to either go through the Disney Visa company or a travel agent.
I did a search through the search option of the WDW website and it showed as a result for me. I was able to go in and see the resorts available and to book if wanted.

I did a search through the search option of the WDW website and it showed as a result for me. I was able to go in and see the resorts available and to book if wanted.

Thanks, I’ll look now. So strange it’s not available on the Offer list.

Disney Visa Cardmembers Save Up to 30% on Rooms at Walt Disney World

Disney has announced special savings on stays for most nights at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels from August 28 through September 19, 2022.

This includes saving up to 30% on rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and saving up to 25% on rooms at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and other select Disney Resort hotels.

Disney® Visa® Cardmembers can take advantage of sensational savings:
  • Save up to 30% on rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Save up to 30% on family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Save up to 25% on rooms at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Save up to 25% on rooms at other select Disney Resort hotels

Book Offer HERE.
Updated the post with link. OFFER CAN BE BOOKED HERE

New Parking Lots Coming to EPCOT

According to a permit filed with the state of Florida, Walt Disney Imagineering has plans on creating new parking lots at EPCOT. The permit, which lists the current Imagine Parking lot site as the address, calls for the Hubbard Construction Company to “provide new parking lots at EPCOT”. Hubbard Construction is a giant in the Central Florida landscape, having been tasked with projects such as the Monorail system and Bay Lake Lagoon project in the 1970’s.

The permit, which offers little details beyond a broad description of the work, does (interestingly) list August 31, 2023 as the expiration date, which is beyond the standard 1-year timeframe for a permit. This extended date generally gives us a better idea of the planned end date of a project. It’s likely that Disney wants to have this work completed by the end of fiscal 2023, which ends around October 1st. It’s also possible that this work needs to be completed by the time the World Celebration construction wraps up, which Disney has previously said will be in 2023.

Disney has announced special savings on stays for most nights at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels from August 28 through September 19, 2022.

This includes saving up to 30% on rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and saving up to 25% on rooms at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and other select Disney Resort hotels.

Book Offer HERE.
I'm so angry they skipped a whole month and a half of dates. I plan on going 8/23-8/28

New Parking Lots Coming to EPCOT

According to a permit filed with the state of Florida, Walt Disney Imagineering has plans on creating new parking lots at EPCOT. The permit, which lists the current Imagine Parking lot site as the address, calls for the Hubbard Construction Company to “provide new parking lots at EPCOT”. Hubbard Construction is a giant in the Central Florida landscape, having been tasked with projects such as the Monorail system and Bay Lake Lagoon project in the 1970’s.

The permit, which offers little details beyond a broad description of the work, does (interestingly) list August 31, 2023 as the expiration date, which is beyond the standard 1-year timeframe for a permit. This extended date generally gives us a better idea of the planned end date of a project. It’s likely that Disney wants to have this work completed by the end of fiscal 2023, which ends around October 1st. It’s also possible that this work needs to be completed by the time the World Celebration construction wraps up, which Disney has previously said will be in 2023.
They need more cast parking, so they could be making a new lot where they staged for Guardians, or between there and the cast lot.

runDisney Website Crashes, 2023 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Registration Delayed

Guests have not been able to register for the 2023 runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend this morning as the runDisney website has crashed.
The queue for registration opened by 9:45 a.m. ET, with registration scheduled to open at 10:00 a.m. However, guests remain stuck in the queue unable to register well past 10 as the main runDisney website has crashed. The website is currently blank or has a “temporarily unavailable” message when accessed. Guests who entered the queue before the crash remain in line and can see their queue ID.

At 10:23 a.m., runDisney posted on Facebook, “We are working on runDisney.com and appreciate your patience as we correct the issues. We will provide an update when available.”

At 10:37 a.m., runDisney updated the queue page with a message reading, “We are working on runDisney.com and appreciate your patience as we correct the issues. We will provide an update when available. Please remain in queue.”

It's just the first teaser. The full trailer will be different, I am sure.

Giving me similar vibes to Ragnarok, which was the best Thor movie by a country mile, and this is also being directed by Taika Waititi, so I don't have any worries about this movie, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Waititi can do no wrong in my book so far and he's a master at mixing genres, but I think the trailer is playing off too much of the Ragnarok vibe. I wonder if the trailer was delayed as there was a lot of discussion for the tone of the trailer. I could end up being wrong, but I think Love & Thunder will be a bit darker/serious in tone while keeping Waititi's quirkiness ... think closer to JoJo Rabbit

Book Offer HERE.

Dang it.. Pop Century always gotta get that lowest 10% discount... it's like they know how awesome it is and how much everyone loves it or something 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter