Disney Makes My Butt Happy - A Jan 2011 TR-reason for trip name revealed-Updated 2/13

Minnie's House

081.jpg

080.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

140.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

Next ... our last pictures of Toontown :sad2:

So these are the last pictures that many of us will see before Toontown gives way to the new Fantasyland expansion.

Goodbye Pete's garage

077.jpg

Goodbye Mickey's House

083.jpg

Goodbye Minnie's house

081.jpg

Goodbye Donald's boat

086.jpg

Goodbye Barnstormer

087.jpg

Goodbye playground that they just built last year and are now tearing down

125.jpg

Goodbye Gift Shop

093.jpg

Goodbye Train Station

085.jpg

Up next Fantasyland

After saying goodbye to Toontown, we hit Fantasyland. DD and I rode the teacups and then we all got in line for Pooh.

OK, I really love the new theming of this queue. It is very cool and interactive. Definitely keeps the kids and adults occupied while waiting. But I will say that it is very hands on and if you are in any way a germaphobe, then this new queue will completely freak you out. I am not anywhere close to being freaky about germs and this queue bothered me. I couldn't wait to get to the bathroom and wash my hands.

Next we rode Snow White, hopped on It's a Small World

164.jpg

168.jpg

165.jpg

And then used our fastpasses to Peter Pan.

We then decided to head back to Wilderness Lodge to get the rest of our stuff out of the car, unpack, and get some rest. Oh, and also to see what they had for snacks and dinner in the Club Lounge.

It was about 3:30 when we got back and this was waiting for me:

368.jpg

We enjoyed some time on the balcony and I let DS take some photos.

369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

We checked out the Club Lounge which has snacks from 11:30 - 4:00. It was just nuts, goldfish and gummy bears. There were sodas and apple juice and that as about it. I didn't get a picture. We figured we would wait and see what they offered for the appetizers and then head over to Epcot. The kids were really whiny and restless and I fussed at them and told them to lie down on their beds for ten minutes. It WORKED !!! They were both out for a nap in under five minutes.

We all got a good rest and then I wandered down to the lounge and this is what they had for the appetizers:

Veggies, Cheeses and dips

199.jpg

Turkey and cheese rolled up in a tortilla (these were good)

198.jpg

Breads with Baba Ganoush and Kalamata Olive spread

200.jpg

Beer, sodas and apple juice

201.jpg

"Green" Chicken Chili with chips (this was strange to me. DH liked it though)

202.jpg

Salmon cakes (these were just OK. I thought they didn't mix well at all with the chili. Two VERY different flavors)

203.jpg

Wines (Merlot, Carbernet and Chardonnay)

197.jpg

Water, Tea and Juice

204.jpg

Up next ... Epcot and Illuminations for the very first time !!

We enjoyed some time on the balcony and I let DS take some photos.

I have to say I am impressed with the amount of camera work you are doing! You have been quite the shutterbug thus far!

Up next ... Epcot and Illuminations for the very first time !!

Can't wait to hear about this! I completely forgot ya'll hadn't seen it before. Don't remember why we didn't watch it in Oct. I remember DD and I had planned to see it the night before we left, but that was a Sat. during F&W; we changed our minds and watched it from the hotel instead. Don't remember if ya'll were going to meet us there that night though. Hmm..anyway, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Can't wait to hear about this! I completely forgot ya'll hadn't seen it before. Don't remember why we didn't watch it in Oct. I remember DD and I had planned to see it the night before we left, but that was a Sat. during F&W; we changed our minds and watched it from the hotel instead. Don't remember if ya'll were going to meet us there that night though. Hmm..anyway, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

I'll update during the game. Wait 'til I tell you the reason for the trip name..... SUPER funny !!

We didn't go see Illuminations in October because everyone in our group was so tired by supper time we just couldn't hang. I don't see how you guys go from open to close. For realz.

Even though this was our fourth trip, we had never seen Illuminations at Epcot. My husband LOVES fireworks and REALLY wanted to see it. Epcot had EMH on that day and we had never done that either, so after supper we headed over to Epcot.

We thought about taking the boat to Magic Kingdom and then hopping on the monorail over to Epcot, but we decided to take the car instead and we think we got over there and back faster than the boat/monorail plan.

When we got there, we checked on Test Track and Soarin' and the fast passes were gone and the wait was 60 min for Test Track and 80 min for Soarin'. So we rode Spaceship Earth. We headed over to Nemo and road that. DD notice that Turtle Talk with Crush was about to start, so we stayed to do that since we had never done it before. It was really cute and DD got picked to ask a question. We were really glad we did it.

More later ...... have to take DD to the doctor. She has a bad cold and an earache and we all know what THAT means. I bet she got it from that Pooh queue ......

We were there the same time!! 1/25-2/3. Stayed at Pop...which was OK for us because we each shared with a kid, 4 and 5. We had a great time, great weather. I would love to try a deluxe next time, but we are a family of 5, so we will see what is most cost effective. Glad you had a great birthday weekend!!

We were there the same time!! 1/25-2/3. Stayed at Pop...which was OK for us because we each shared with a kid, 4 and 5. We had a great time, great weather. I would love to try a deluxe next time, but we are a family of 5, so we will see what is most cost effective. Glad you had a great birthday weekend!!

:welcome: Thanks !! Yes !! The weather was amazing that week. I loved Pop and I really do want to stay there again. We shared beds with ours kids, too. I slept with DD and DH slept with DS. DD stole my pillow and took up the whole bed. :rotfl: The smaller size of the beds was the only thing I didn't like about Pop. You know that they are building the Art of Animation resort across the bridge from POP that are supposed to be a value resort with family suites, so you should check into that, maybe, next time you plan a trip. We have a time share that we usually stay at that has A LOT of room. we only stayed deluxe this time because I was able to get a 40% off rate because we have an annual pass. We LOVED the Wilderness Lodge and the kids still mention it every day.

that's too good

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by :) More pictures to come !!

OK. Back from the doctor. Sure enough, DD has an ear infection. DD wanted rice crispy treats, so I stopped by the store for the ingredients and we made them when we got home. I pressed them into a shallow pan and used the Mickey Mouse cookie cutter I bought at Everything Pop and cut them out. They made us happy.

Back to the trip. After Turtle Talk, we went over to ride Figment and then it was about 8:30 PM, so we scoped out a spot for the fireworks. They had everything roped off on the Mexico side for handicap seating so we just sat on the edge of a planter looking just to the left of the boat dock there.

DH and DS went and got some drinks while DD and I saved our spot and DH bought DD a Tinkerbell light that she is wearing right now. I don't have a picture of it, but it is cute. Also, we sat next to a lovely young couple from Argentina who were very friendly. We chatted a good bit and they asked us questions about the parks that they hadn't visited yet. I was happy to share what knowledge I could and told them to check out the disboards when they got back home. We talked a good bit about the culture and weather differences and it was very interesting to learn about their home. They were really wonderful people.

Soon, DH was back with some beers he got in Canada and some treats for the kids and it was time for the fireworks to start. We all LOVED the fireworks !! I especially liked the globe and the music. DH just loves fireworks. Here are some pictures he took.

234.jpg

231.jpg

230.jpg

228.jpg

225.jpg

And a group photo we took when we got to the park

214.jpg

We loved Illuminations. Can't wait to see it again and maybe find a better spot to see it. But the one we had that night wasn't bad.

After the fireworks, we waited for the crowd to disperse and then checked on Soarin' and Test Track. Still long waits. We were tired, so we just went back the resort and went to sleep.

Next up. Woody's round up !!!

So we woke up the next morning .... EARLY. It was EMH at Hollywood Studios this morning. We got the kids up and headed down to the Club Lounge for some breakfast. We were checking out the selections (same as before) and it was quiet. A few people were in the lounge getting some breakfast for themselves. All of a sudden this guy belts out "Woody's Round Up !!!" It was pretty funny. I think he was trying to embarrass his kids, but we thought he was funny. He would be quiet for a little bit and then start singing again. "Woody's Round Up !!" I guess they were headed to Hollywood Studios as well. We ate and headed down to the car to drive over to the park. We got there about 8:20 or so and made our way over to Toy Story Mania to get fastpasses. I think they were for 10:30 am or something like that. After that, DS rode Aerosmith in the single rider line. I just wasn't in the mood for it that early in the morning. Didn't do Tower of Terror either. Still have never ridden that. Next trip !!

We wondered back over to the big hat to check out some pins at the shop and then we saw a BUNCH of characters coming out. We hardly had to wait for any of them. I was so excited !! Here are some photos:

252.jpg

250.jpg

245.jpg

244.jpg

246.jpg

247.jpg

After that, the kids tried on funny hats

240.jpg

238.jpg

237.jpg

And played with some hula hoops

257.jpg

255.jpg

Up next. Writer's stop and DVC.

Next, we wanted to check out the Animation Studio, but they said an artist wouldn't be there until later, so it would just be the tour. We wanted to draw something, so we skipped it. Again, next trip !!

The kids are kids and they are constantly bugging us to buy this and that and most of the time we say no. How much stuff does a kid really need? Anyway, DD stopped in the gift shop right outside of Ariel and said to me "Momma, you really have to see this. It is really neat and I want it." I'm like, "No, you have spent all of your money." She says, "you really need to see it." "Ok", I agreed. So, she had found this really cute doll-sized set of Mickey ears. and she was right, I just had to buy them. Only $7. Here they are on her Webkinz dog.

294.jpg

292.jpg

They look really good on her American Girl Doll, too. Love them !!

It still wasn't time for TSM, so we headed over to the Honey I Shrunk the kids playground. We went around by Sci Fi Dine In. I have always wanted to eat here. Next trip !! Picture of DD in the car:

259.jpg

While I take the picture, DH is chatting up the DVC guy. Do I interrupt ?? Nooooo. I just let them keep talking. And take the kids over to the Star Wars speeder thingy to get some photos.

265.jpg

263.jpg

DH finishes up his conversation and comes over to me.

DH: Did you know that Disney has a time share thingy ??
ME: Yep. DVC.
DH: We need to think about doing something like that
ME (stunned): Really ??
DH: Yes, don't you ??
ME: Hell to the yeah !! Ooo, take a picture of this fountain

272.jpg

275.jpg

We continue to discuss and I tell him about the discounts and places we can stay, etc and I think we MAY have him almost convinced. Fingers crossed !!

We continued around the corner and I spotted the Writer's Stop. A nice little place. I needed more coffee .... STAT !! And I got the kids each a cookie and one for me and DH to share. Shortbread Mickey dipped in chocolate. They were yummy.

271.jpg

270.jpg

We headed toward Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground via Streets of America

Breakin' the Law !!

267.jpg

Oooo. My favorite show is on ...... more later.

Can I say how funny it is that your DH is seriously considering DVC! I hope ya'll get it so I can rent points from you. :thumbsup2

Those little toy ears are sooo cute!!! DD is already asking questions about Duffy bear. Something tells me that is where a good portion of the money she received for Christmas will go. Yea! Just I need another stuffed animal around the house, and one with its own wardrobe to boot!

I'm lovin' the outfits on Minne, Daisy and Donald! I hope they are still dressing that way in March.

I am so glad I decided to open your TR. Since it's a short trip - I had thought twice about dropping in. Definitely worth the stop! I am enjoying your trip and can't wait to find out what you both decided on the DVC.

Looking forward to reading more. If you get a chance, come over and read my TR. :surfweb:

Love the doll Mickey ears. I would have bought them too. Good luck with the DVC. I wish my husband would be interested in that. :goodvibes

Can I say how funny it is that your DH is seriously considering DVC! I hope ya'll get it so I can rent points from you. :thumbsup2

Those little toy ears are sooo cute!!! DD is already asking questions about Duffy bear. Something tells me that is where a good portion of the money she received for Christmas will go. Yea! Just I need another stuffed animal around the house, and one with its own wardrobe to boot!

I'm lovin' the outfits on Minne, Daisy and Donald! I hope they are still dressing that way in March.

I was sooo excited when he showed some interest in that !! No decision yet. These things must be done delicately. He IS the cheapest man alive ... LOL Maybe when we get the tax return.

I am so glad I decided to open your TR. Since it's a short trip - I had thought twice about dropping in. Definitely worth the stop! I am enjoying your trip and can't wait to find out what you both decided on the DVC.

Looking forward to reading more. If you get a chance, come over and read my TR. :surfweb:

:welcome: I'm so glad you stopped by. I actually have taken a look at your report. But now I will stop in and comment :-) I just love a good trip report.

Love the doll Mickey ears. I would have bought them too. Good luck with the DVC. I wish my husband would be interested in that. :goodvibes

:welcome: I love them, too, and DD knew that I would. I only saw the pink ones. Maybe next trip we can see if they have any other colors. I'll update later today !!

So we explored a bit and ran into Mater and Lighting McQueen

278.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg

Did some singing in the rain

283.jpg

And DD and DS explored the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground while I waited outside. They need more than two benches out there .. just sayin'.

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

289.jpg

We then went over the gift shop right there and DS found a Puffle that he wanted. So I had to get one for DD. Here they are with them back at room

373.jpg

374.jpg

We went around the corner and got a picture of the mermaid fountain.

290.jpg

Or two

291.jpg

We rode TSM and decided to head back to the resort for some pool time. I had warmed up to about 71 or so and the kids were dying to try out that water slide.

Up next Pool time and Magic Kingdom and how I came up with the trip name!!

I am loving your report so far!!!! Isn't Jan a great time to go.....such low crowds!!!! I literally laughed out loud when you said that your DD was sick from the Pooh Que.....too funny!!!!!:rotfl2:

Oh my gosh...I think I have been lurking. Thoroughly enjoying your TR...but lurking. I am so sorry.

I have to say I love all the pics. :thumbsup2

We are booked (as of right now) at WL for December. Thank you so much for all the info you have added regarding WL....especially the CL. I have been thinking about upgrading us to it...but..after reading about it on your TR, I am thinking maybe not. Do you think it was worth it?

Crossing my fingers for you for DVC. I wonder sometimes if I should go that route... but it always seems like we get a better deal with a pin or a special. Plus...with my kids getting older I always wonder just how many more trips to disney do I have ahead of me. Course...soon enough there will be grandkids and THEN a whole new generation to turn into Disney nuts ;)

I am loving your report so far!!!! Isn't Jan a great time to go.....such low crowds!!!! I literally laughed out loud when you said that your DD was sick from the Pooh Que.....too funny!!!!!:rotfl2:

:welcome: thanks for stopping by !!! It was kinda crowded that weekend to tell the truth. It didn't stop us from having any fun, though. Have you seen the new Pooh queue ?? I gotta tell ya, it made wish I had industrial can of Lysol.

Oh my gosh...I think I have been lurking. Thoroughly enjoying your TR...but lurking. I am so sorry.

I have to say I love all the pics. :thumbsup2

We are booked (as of right now) at WL for December. Thank you so much for all the info you have added regarding WL....especially the CL. I have been thinking about upgrading us to it...but..after reading about it on your TR, I am thinking maybe not. Do you think it was worth it?

Crossing my fingers for you for DVC. I wonder sometimes if I should go that route... but it always seems like we get a better deal with a pin or a special. Plus...with my kids getting older I always wonder just how many more trips to disney do I have ahead of me. Course...soon enough there will be grandkids and THEN a whole new generation to turn into Disney nuts ;)

:welcome: and thanks for coming out of lurkdom to say hello. We all LOVED WL and I was glad I tried the CL. I didn't regret spending the money. But, to tell the truth, the only thing I really liked was the breakfast. I would have much rather spent the money on a nice TS meal. Maybe the food is better for CL at the other resorts, but - just a personal taste thing here - it was just OK. But don't let my opinion deter you from trying it. You might love it.

DVC will be a hard sell to DH. Imagine the cheapest man alive. Now double it, multiply by 5 and divide by 2. I have my fingers crossed. I would love to do it !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter