Disney Magical Express - luggage/bag limits?

dizneyrules

Mouseketeer
We received our documents and DME information over the weekend. I noticed that DME only gave us 1 tag that will allow our luggage to be brought directly to our resort. Is this their limit? We are flying Southwest and are allowed to bring 2 bags each. Will we have to pick up our bags at baggage claim if we are over what DME gave us? :confused3

Ann Marie :laundy:

If you call the toll free number in your ME booklet, they will gladly ship an extra set of yellow tags as long as there is ample time before your trip to receive them. Since airlines have started charging for bags most tags were not used and ME cut down on the amount they send out with the normal packets. No problem in getting extras sent out if you call!

I just received our ME booklet today and it looks to me like one of those strips really is 2. I did get 2 yellow tags but we need at least 3 and when I looked at them closer they look like there is 2 on each one. If not, just call for more. I have done that before and had no problem getting more. Have fun on your trip. We get there June 1st at CBR. I am sooo ready.

as the pps said just call and you should be fine. they are more then willing to help out with this. also if they can not get them to you in time you can ask what you can do about that as well. i believe if you give them a copy of you claim ticket and what the suit case will look like they will pick it up for you as well.

You can give them your claim tkt # and describe the luggage. They also suggest putting a bright yellow bow or something like that on your bags. They are trained to look for the yellow tags and your bags will stick out! That said, we have called and asked for more tags and they sent them out overnite express mail!

like stated before just call and you will have another set within a week enjoy your trip.

ya no problem calling. have done many times before. but make sure that you arent double taping them on the luggage (double check only one tag) oh and by the way, southwest is awesome and if you switch flights and are concerned about your bags getting lost (some people are, idk about you) dont worry, SW has a great neon tag that they put on to make the transfer bags stick out easy HAVE FUN

Thanks for the replies and advice. I called today and they are sending me a few more. In exactly one month we will be there!! :banana::banana:

Cannot wait! :yay:

Ann Marie :laundy:

I just received our ME booklet today and it looks to me like one of those strips really is 2. I did get 2 yellow tags but we need at least 3 and when I looked at them closer they look like there is 2 on each one. If not, just call for more. I have done that before and had no problem getting more. Have fun on your trip. We get there June 1st at CBR. I am sooo ready.

Do not split them down the middle. You'll be ruining them. I have no idea why that perforation is in the middle but it shouldn't be split (I'm guessing it's to make it easier to remove from your bag later). Call and request an additional tag. If you already split the tag then call and request a replacement.

Keep in mind that when you return to the airport after your stay, if you use RAC and check in at the hotel, you can only check in 1 suitcase per person even though Southwest allows for 2.

We stayed at SSR and used the resort check in, flying Southwest, and 3 of checked in 4 bags.

Keep in mind that when you return to the airport after your stay, if you use RAC and check in at the hotel, you can only check in 1 suitcase per person even though Southwest allows for 2.

FWIW, we've checked two bags per person, when leaving the Boardwalk and the Beach Club (via Southwest). No problem.

We also checked in two bags each at Pop last month. You get a letter at check-in saying that they have you pre-registered (or something like that) for one bag each, so I asked if we needed to let them know in advance that there would be more than one bag each and I was told "no." There was no problem showing up that morning and checking two each.

FWIW, we've checked two bags per person, when leaving the Boardwalk and the Beach Club (via Southwest). No problem.

Interesting, they would not allow me to check 2 bags when I stayed at the VWL. I even called the number on the letter that said I was using RAC, and was told that each person can only check 1 bag. It kind of put a kink in my return trip.

Do not split them down the middle. You'll be ruining them..
If you accidentally cut it in the wrong place you can tape it back together but use several layers of ordinary tape or use two layers of transparent package sealing tape.
tag.gif

OK so I am leaving in 4 days. I just realized we only have 4 yellow stickers and we have more than 4 pieces of checked baggage. What should I do now so that I can have the rest of my luggage picked up for DME?

We fly Southwest and use the tag to check-in 1 bag each, but we all have a carry-on, just in case. We do check all bags on our return home, they do not limit us to 1 bag each.

I think the person working gave you the wrong info. It difficult sometimes to get the right info, everyone gives you different info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter