Disney Magic Kingdoms

I’m at 8 bow ties and 3 ears. The drop rate is ridiculous. Unless I can get that count closer to goal, I will NOT be spending tokens. I have a little less than 500 right now, and the way they keep pumping out these events, I’m sure I will need them for the next premium character. I’m missing quite a few characters as it is, so what’s one more. I would sure like to know why some get better drop rates than others.
I did get Marion yesterday, so that’s good. I can quit all the daily/weekly tasks.
Right there with ya. My FOMO goes right out the window when I’ve played the game regularly and still have to plunk down the better part of my gems. Sitting out 4 lousy ears here still. Just ridiculous

Black Cauldron mini-event video walkthrough on October 6.

I'm confused about timing...the first part of the season is usually a Tower Challenge and they're not introducing new characters for those. So, is the usual cadence changing? Or are TC's now going to introduce new characters?

I have 14 bow ties and only 6 ear hats. Ugh. It's not looking good. But, I did win enchantment tokens to let me enchant Madame's Mansion to 2. That will give me one more chance at ear hats with the Toulouse & the black kitten, and it's only a 2 hour turn around time. Maybe this will help..

I now have all my Bow ties, but only 4 hats. No new hats in last two days. Crazy!

Where are the hats DMK!

Last edited:
Still need 3 lousy hats. I’ve fast forwarded through tasks twice and that did not help a bit. So guess it’s coming down to deciding if its worth plunking down the 150 gems. It’s not spending the gems themselves that is really bothering me. It is that I still have to do it after plunking down real cash for the Kingdom Pass. I only get two premiums an event (that have never helped a bit) and still have to spend gems to finish. Was the point of that pass a preppy costume? Just rubs me all the wrong ways

It’s 0500 on the West Coast, and got the last bow tie overnight and no ear hats. Still at 5, and I don’t foresee getting 6 more. I sent them all out for the hat, but will need fast forward the ones that are 6 hrs. Debating if I will use gems or not. Right now it would be 300, and I have 511. If he becomes a chest, I will never get him, since I don’t buy those on a chance.

For those who have had a little better luck with O'Malley, after he is welcomed he has a 2 hour task. There is then a double joint task with Duchess/Toulouse and Marie/O'Malley for 1 hour each. After that the event is over. O'Malley needs to be at level 2 for his final task.

This game shouldn't be this hard, honestly. Sure, make tokens "hard" to get, but that difficulty has to go away or let up at some point.
Yup. Totally agree, especially given the amount us folks play. When we’re consistently placing first or second for gold trophies, I don’t think frequency of play is the issue. Its just becoming more of a drudge with the fun becoming extinct

I don’t expect to get the 7 hats I need, I have decided to save my gems. I have Marie which was the goal. O’Malley will have to come later. They should sale hard to get tokens for Elixirs or something. Maybe time to rethink this game, it should not be this impossible, they are forcing people to not finish.

I don’t expect to get the 7 hats I need, I have decided to save my gems. I have Marie which was the goal. O’Malley will have to come later. They should sale hard to get tokens for Elixirs or something. Maybe time to rethink this game, it should not be this impossible, they are forcing people to not finish.
That’s where I’m at as well….or at least not paying for the Kingdom Pass. They’ve only made gem rewards less and rewards given more unattainable since the first pass. Kinda sad really….they have just gotten too greedy

Only got 3 ear hats over 5 days of play. Ended up using gems to get O'Malley. Shifting focus to finishing Inside Out and getting some of my Indy people to 10.

Just looking at the comments on FB. There are a whole lot of people not happy with the drop rates for Thomas. Not good, especially right before trying to sell another Kingdom Pass. I’ll definitely be looking at the rewards a lot more closely before shelling out for this one.

Just so sad. What was once a fun pastime for me has turned into a frustrating drudge of a financial investment for little reward

Finished everything in my IOS game. Got down to 2 ear hats in my Windows. Considering I was at the parks a lot, 100 gems is not bad.

I got a couple more Hats before it ended so for two hundred gems I went ahead a got O’Malley. I hope I don’t regret using those gems.

All depends on any characters I need to spend 500 gems on for future events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter