Disney Magic Kingdoms

If you have an hour or so to burn, send Jessie and Goofy on their 6 minute tasks repeatedly. I understand this is really tough for those of us with full time jobs etc. but I usually try do this on my lunch and short breaks and it gives a good boost.
Thanks!

Definitely seems like event currency is harder to come by than in previous events. I don't have the creperie, but I do have Mrs. Potts and Chip, as well as the parade float, BOG restaurant, and the croissant shop from the trophy event, so it seems like I should have a lot more event currency. No idea how someone who didn't spend gems on premium stuff could have even afforded to welcome Belle!

Welcoming Belle now- she should be done by the time I get home from work. I've only been leveling up my characters as needed and was worried I might be falling behind, but it seems that was a good idea after hearing about the lack of event currency. I should be able to build Gaston's tavern with no problem (although I will go broke doing it).

Belle will be finished in 1.5 hours but I only have 11,000 in currency :( I guess that is what I get for leveling up my characters. It'll be awhile before I can get the tavern

From what you are all saying, I guess the silver lining to my game taking forever with the Belle item drops is that game currency doesn't seem to be an issue for me (yet). Sending out those characters over and over again paid off. I have Belle and the Tavern now and still have 20K left over. Maybe all those tedious 60 min tasks to get the roses helped with the currency.

Last edited:
I have belle and the tavern. Today I got back up to 8000 currency from nothing. I'm a little concerned how much gaston and the costumes are going to be. Plus getting up to 80k for the 40gems after. I'm definitely not doing anymore character upgrades lol.

I just leveled up Belle to level 2 and I only have 12,800 in currency. This may be the first event that I don't finish, which will piss me off. If I don't get Gaston, I wouldn't have bothered buying Chip and Mrs. Potts. I only bought them so I could have a complete collection of beauty and the beast characters

How many people feel like they will not be able to fit Gaston's Tavern once it is available?

There is no possible way I can fit it unless it's very small like 8 X 8 or less. I've visited other people's maps from the social link and don't see how they can fit it either. There is no way I'm going to take everything off the map and spend hours trying different combinations to try to get it to fit. Even if there is a combination that works, I'm pretty sure that combination will force me to not be able to have at least 1 of each concession stand and 1 of each decoration to go with the attractions.

I guess I'm disappointed mostly because it is supposed to be a theme park so you want your park to be divided up by themes. They make that impossible to do. I've got attractions from one theme that are separated from the other attractions that belong to the same theme already and I hate the idea of jumbling up my park even more because they are so stingy about giving us land to build on. I've been close to quitting anyways because I've lost interest in the game and have gotten more interested in other stuff so I guess this might finally give me that good excuse to stop playing. I already stopped playing the other Disney game I was playing (Disney Enchanted Tales) because they kept having too many glitches in their updates/new events.
I can assure you that with all of the land spaces available currently, I have fit in every single attraction, including the gem ones and all the newest ones, 1-2 of every type of concession stand, and at least 25-30 decorations, generally 2 of each type, and I still have enough space to place another 10 concession stands or decorations, though no more attractions unless they are the size of Mickey's house. I'm not crazy about the layout, but I have all of toon town together, then grouped all my mulan, frozen, and princess stuff together, and all the spooky stuff together. Most of the Incredibles is together and all the pirate stuff is together. The only thing I couldn't fit together whatsoever was the toy story and monster's inc. stuff because I was always short by 1-2 grid squares. If anyone knows how to take a screenshot of the game from a tablet and then upload to a laptop, I can post photos.

This event IS different with the event currency. In the past we usually had 4-6 characters with 1-10 min tasks that dropped currency. This event we only have 2, and both of them are needed for string, so unless your rose count is high, there is little time to actually use them to farm currency. I'm guessing the developers caught on to the fact that people stopped leveling up to get currency to get free gems. With this new balance, they'll have to give out less than half the gems they did previously. As of right now I've got beast at level 6, cogsworth, lumiere, and mrs. potts at 5, chip and belle at 4. I was going to try to level them up again, but with only 8,700K, I'm focusing on gathering as many tokens, bags, and strings as I can before I can battle gaston for the first time, since I know we'll need event currency for both of the batb costumes and gaston. Once bags and strings are maxed out, while I'm battling gaston, I plan on using mickey and goofy to free the birds and up my rose count, then gradually fill bags and strings with them and jessie again. Hoping to have at least 20K currency by the time gaston and the costumes unlock so I can purchase them as soon as possible.

Second Round with Gaston starts after you clear more dishes. It's 24 - 2 hr each that you can again use all 6 for. I feel like I'm going to have 5 full days of leveling up before the costumes even start.

Let the fun begin. Just got back from vacation. Managed to keep up on my IOS game for the most part. I have had a terrible drop rate for Belle, but she is being Welcomed right now (2 hrs left). And I have 25,000 event currency. Had the gems for Mrs Potts but still need 40 more for Chip, and then the parade float. I am confident I will get Chip with the 16 gem bonus for completing the first BatB group, not so sure about the float.

But since I've been gone, I am just starting the tasks in my Windows game and working on collecting Beast tokens. I also missed the week of prizes. We'll see how far I can get in 13 days. This game I had more gems, so I am 1 gem away from having enough for Chip even after buying Mrs Potts, but I need to complete more tasks before he is available.

But for now I need to go to bed. My day started at 4AM London time, which was 10PM my local time, and it's currently 7:30. So I've been up 22.5 hrs. So I'm not going to get very far tonight.

Finally welcoming Belle a few hours to go. And I am so glad I knew it would take some time from you all!

I think the Happiness events are dumb. I always have between 75% and 99% on the highest level and yet I am in something like 500th place. Furthermore, when I got the free happiness gift I was at 99%. Sigh.

As for Gaston, well who knows. I bought Chip etc but my Android phone didn't get the update until late in the day if day 1... So it's been weird watching how everyone else is two days ahead.

But this game still makes me smile and is a good stress reducer. :)

Personally I think the tough part in all of this will be the costumes. Not looking forward to that part of the event, but it looks like they aren't optional if you want Gaston.

I think the Happiness events are dumb. I always have between 75% and 99% on the highest level and yet I am in something like 500th place. Furthermore, when I got the free happiness gift I was at 99%. Sigh.

Happiness events have nothing to do with your happiness percentage, they are based solely on how many smilies you can collect. Even if your happiness is at 99% ecstatic, you should still keep collecting them if you want to progress on the leaderboard.

@mmmears I agree about the costumes,
They probably will be the hardest part of this event. I am hoping that my 4 platinum and 2 gold chests will give me fabric, as I have no use for them for anything else right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter