Disney MAGIC 5 Night Cruise February 26th 2017 (MIAMI)

BartmanLA

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a thread for this trip posted anywhere yet so I thought I could start one, I can co-admin if someone wants to help out, this is going to be a Family Cruise for me (3rd DCL cruise todate) and we're excited about going out on the Magic, as we've only been on The Wonder so far. Please join in and we'll have links and info for this fun trip to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay!

Is there no one going on this cruise??? Wow. Well there's also a facebook page too for this cruise if anyone has any questions or needs information about what to expect on the trip or wants to be social about the fun 5 days we're going to have!!!

Is there no one going on this cruise??? Wow. Well there's also a facebook page too for this cruise if anyone has any questions or needs information about what to expect on the trip or wants to be social about the fun 5 days we're going to have!!!
Well, it's a little early for this thread to really get moving. Especially on shorter cruises, some cruise meet thread don't have a lot of activity.

Also, be aware, links or search directions to other social media sites are not allowed here. Here's the policy (from the stickies on the main Cruise Meet page): http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Holy crap already getting flack... wow So sad.. This isn't any kind of commercial or for profit thread, Just a retired guy who likes cruising and wants to be social with those going on this particular trip...

We would love to join a fish extender group when this gets going. There are 4 of us, 2 kids ages 8 & 10.

Just booked today - our first Disney Cruise! Traveling with four rooms of family, any tips appreciated. Ages 3 - 63 in our group!
Bring water bottles so you always have something to drink. Start looking into fish extenders and any excursions you would like. If you have any runners you might want to sign up for the Castaway Cay 5k when you get on the ship. Also for the kids, there are some character meet and greets (like Anna & Elsa) that will require a timed ticket. Depending on the cruise you may be able to get them when your window for activity booking opens, otherwise I suggest doing it when you get on the ship. Check out your personal navigator for daily activities and sign the kids up for the kids club the first day...mine LOVE it!! Also when it's time I suggest getting the earliest port arrival time as possible so you can get on the ship early and enjoy it an extra day, get some lunch and enjoy the pool (pack swim suits in your bag you carry on), and get to know your way around a bit. I'm going the day after halloween to get pirate costumes for the family for the pirate party night too. My kids loved the smaller ship and how easy it was to see all the characters. There are also tons of fun daily activities so check the navigator, things like family game shows, building race cars out of potatoes, etc. It's great b/c you can be busy all day, or chill out and relax.

I'm new to the fish extenders sharing. Have been on three cruises on the Dream and haven't participated. Is there an age limit? Limited to only children? Also, any thoughts on the photo pass packages versus taking your own pics? Final question, I've read various Pinterest articles on bringing photo mats, etc. to have characters sign - some say it's been discontinued others say they still do it. Yes? No?

We would love to join a fish extender group when this gets going. There are 4 of us, 2 kids ages 8 & 10.
My family of 4, 2 kids ages 11 and 13 are also interested in fish extender. We are cruising with another family of 5, kids ages 10, 12, 14 that are interested as well.

We would love to get involved in the fish extender program. Does anyone know how to get in on this? Your help is greatly appreciated. The kids will love it.

My family of 5 really wants to do FE. We have three kids ages 19,16,and 13. It looks like we have several families interested in participating in fish extenders. It seems to be small enough that we should be able to keep it one FE group. Who wants to coordinate it? We have participated in one other cruise and one forum member set up a spread sheet with names, ages and gender of the people participating. That way we knew how many people to plan for. Also, we would need to establish some sort of guidelines as to whether each family purchased for every other family or whether we get assigned just one other family. Please comment ASAP so we can coordinate. Thanks!

Last edited:
Another new cruiser family on the Disney Magic, 5 day cruise leaving Miami Sunday 2-26-2017. We have 2 cabins: one for Mom and Dad and another for MamaJan (me the grandmother) and my granddaughter. We also would like to join a Fish Extender program. I am new to forums, blogs and social media in general. We don't get cell phone service where we live (unbelievable, but true) so I am restricted to a landline and email. I have a facebook page but it gets overloaded with so may posts I avoid it unless absolutely necessary. So, suggestions are gladly anticipated and welcome :)

Last edited:
Another cruiser family on Disney Magic February 26. 2 cabins with mom and dad and four kids.

First time on Disney Cruise! Traveling with two kids - ages 3 & 1. Any tips on cruising with toddlers? We've booked the nursery and are staying in a suite.
Looking forward to getting away!

We are new Disney cruisers too and have 2 girls and boy. 2,7,4. Interested in FE group too but doesn't look like any have been started. If so please let me know how to join.

We are new Disney cruisers too and have 2 girls and boy. 2,7,4. Interested in FE group too but doesn't look like any have been started. If so please let me know how to join.
Find our cruise on Facebook if you are a member. There is an open FE group available until the 12th.

Hi
I know I'm late to the party. How can my family join the fish extenders? It's 7 of us traveling 2 are children 3 & 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter