Disney just called me!!

disnut1149

DIS Veteran
I sent an email to guest communications telling them of my disappointment about the new FP+ and that I cancelled my Dec. trip and might not even return in August like I was planning until hopefully things will get better. I told her that I was sad to see FP- go. She asked me my opinion and I gladly gave it. I told her that there should be more FPs, 6 at least, no tiering and be able to use FPs at both parks if park hopping. Explained everything to her about not getting the experience I'm used to for the money we'll be spending. FP was so easy for us. I told her I feel like I'll be waiting in lines, being unable to spend as much money shopping or eating a leisurely lunch in their restaurants. We never waited in lines before. I told her a lot of the magic was gone for me and was sad to see this change. Also, I've been going since 1972 and seen a lot of changes and this one is not for the better. Also, told her that the MBs sound ok, but could've spent some of that 1.5 billion on new attractions. That something new would've brought more people into the parks, rather than telling them, look you get 3 FPs to use. Which one would bring more people to DW? 3 FPs or a new attraction!! I explained a lot more to her how I feel, and she was very nice and said she was taking notes and didn't want to lose a loyal customer. She would pass the notes to her higher ups. She even agreed with me on quite a few things and said that she probably shouldn't be saying that. Also, that they will be making changes but didn't know what they would be or when. She did say that one of the major complaints was the tiering. She was very nice and we spent about 10 minutes on the phone. I was surprised that she called, and I hope it will help some of the problems that I know a lot of us see with this program. She said that DW wants to keep its customers happy. We shall see!! I know people on the Dis will respond with all kinds of opposite opinions which is fine. This is how I feel and even though I haven't experienced it, as I know some of you will bring up, I have read quite extensively about the program and am educated enough to form an opinion.

While I didn't receive a call, I did receive an email,stating basically the same thing. Supposedly they are listening and taking notes for whoever to read, that at least sounds positive to me. I hold out hope for the changes we are asking for but we'll see. (Fingers crossed)

I sent an email to guest communications telling them of my disappointment about the new FP+ and that I cancelled my Dec. trip and might not even return in August like I was planning until hopefully things will get better. I told her that I was sad to see FP- go. She asked me my opinion and I gladly gave it. I told her that there should be more FPs, 6 at least, no tiering and be able to use FPs at both parks if park hopping. Explained everything to her about not getting the experience I'm used to for the money we'll be spending. FP was so easy for us. I told her I feel like I'll be waiting in lines, being unable to spend as much money shopping or eating a leisurely lunch in their restaurants. We never waited in lines before. I told her a lot of the magic was gone for me and was sad to see this change. Also, I've been going since 1972 and seen a lot of changes and this one is not for the better. Also, told her that the MBs sound ok, but could've spent some of that 1.5 billion on new attractions. That something new would've brought more people into the parks, rather than telling them, look you get 3 FPs to use. Which one would bring more people to DW? 3 FPs or a new attraction!! I explained a lot more to her how I feel, and she was very nice and said she was taking notes and didn't want to lose a loyal customer. She would pass the notes to her higher ups. She even agreed with me on quite a few things and said that she probably shouldn't be saying that. Also, that they will be making changes but didn't know what they would be or when. She did say that one of the major complaints was the tiering. She was very nice and we spent about 10 minutes on the phone. I was surprised that she called, and I hope it will help some of the problems that I know a lot of us see with this program. She said that DW wants to keep its customers happy. We shall see!! I know people on the Dis will respond with all kinds of opposite opinions which is fine. This is how I feel and even though I haven't experienced it, as I know some of you will bring up, I have read quite extensively about the program and am educated enough to form an opinion.

So glad to hear others have received calls in response to writing! I sent an email about 1 month ago; no call. Yesterday I decided to write again. I sure hope I get the opportunity to speak to someone. I wonder if they are truly listening though?

It would be a long stretch to say they won't listen. The issue I think some people have is that they are not changing this moment or for their trip in that is coming up in march/april/may....

We shall see what happens but I feel that something will change before the year is out.

That's great!

It's a good feeling to have your concerns validated. Hopefully they can figure this all out and it works out (for most anyways) in the end! :thumbsup2

From someone who has a trip planned for June and I won't lie I'm a little worried, I would like to say Thank You writing them and taking time to explain not only your worries but all of ours on DIS.:flower3:

I do wonder thought that in order to make sure there is a good selection of times available for on-the-day guests and to stop FP lines getting to long can they really iffer more than 3 per person. in theory if someone has 6 FP+ then to keep the availability as it is someone else will have to have zero.
Or they only allow booking 3 in advance, then you can add more once those are used? So if you want extra you have to take what is left on the day once non-resort guests have had a chance?

It is good to hear Disney is at least listening to Disney vets like you. :) I am so dreading these issues during my visit in April as it is one of the busiest weeks there. It would be wishful thinking WDW would make any changes before then.

Thank you disnut1149 for coming here and updating us on your customer service experience. As with all DISers, your views are very much appreciated on this board :goodvibes

I didn't post about it at the time, but I also got a call from them about 3 weeks ago. I had written to give my views on the changes and how I felt it impacts on what we perceive to be the elements of our vacation by which we define the value of the whole package.

The person who called me gave a similar response as what the OP got. While it offers hope, I also realize that they can say they are listening and still make no changes and lead us to believe that the majority is in favor of the changes. And to be fair, although many of us would never believe it, there will never be a way for us to prove it.

However, every report of something like the OP's experience offers hope. And hope is a good thing. Thank you for posting this :thumbsup2

I do wonder thought that in order to make sure there is a good selection of times available for on-the-day guests and to stop FP lines getting to long can they really iffer more than 3 per person. in theory if someone has 6 FP+ then to keep the availability as it is someone else will have to have zero.
Or they only allow booking 3 in advance, then you can add more once those are used? So if you want extra you have to take what is left on the day once non-resort guests have had a chance?

Actually, I think this part would be the best compromise between on and off property. Let the on property guests book three in advance (without tiering) - that way, they get first choice of the popular attractions and it becomes the new on site "perk". Then, level the playing field and allow on property guests to book the same as off property same day - which could possibly allow for hopping, if your same day don't have to be in the same park as the pre-booked ones. They could put passholders who aren't staying on property somewhere in between - maybe have the booking window at 60 days for on property guests and 30 days for passholders who are going to be day guests. That way, Disney is still encouraging people to stay on property, but everyone gets a piece of the pie.

I also believe there will be more changes to the allotments as Disney starts getting data and feedback. Since they are just starting to market the MB to the passholders who haven't stayed on property, it's really still in the testing phase. We don't have the final product yet. I think there is great potential for the system if they get it set just right.

:thumbsup2

I'm afraid if we can have 6+ pre-scheduled FPs, the FP line will just get long and the standby line completely out of control.

It would be a long stretch to say they won't listen. The issue I think some people have is that they are not changing this moment or for their trip in that is coming up in march/april/may....

We shall see what happens but I feel that something will change before the year is out.

You're right, they obviously are listening since they are taking time to make calls. But are they truly hearing? The only way to know is if they take action. For those who have an upcoming trip in the near future, Disney offer's little hope. Honestly, I think Disney needs to act sooner than later. I've read some reports from those at Disney now and things are not good. FP lines are out of control.

:thumbsup2

I'm afraid if we can have 6+ pre-scheduled FPs, the FP line will just get long and the standby line completely out of control.

I don't think they have the ride capacity to give everyone 6+ FPs a day for the headliners.

I emailed a similar complaint for my upcoming trip in April. I also received a phone call to discuss everything. I told the lady I was shocked that someone actually called and I thanked her. She told me that as soon as it has all the kinks out that I will absolutely love this new system. So I guess I will know in a few months if I like it!

I told her that there should be more FPs, 6 at least, no tiering and be able to use FPs at both parks if park hopping.

It's obvious - both mathematically and through observation - that they do not have enough attractions at some of the parks to give away more FP per day or allow people to book more than one "headliner."

The comments on the Dis (not this thread) about how people "love everything about FP+ except the tiering and the limit of 3" are so bizarre to me. Of course, we would all love a system without limits. But the removal of those limits is impossible! The whole thing would implode. Those limitations aren't going anywhere.

What maybe will come out of this feedback process is the removal of the restriction on having FP at multiple parks on the same day. That doesn't create a capacity issue. There's no reason they can't change that - and it helps sell park hoppers, so they can present the change as a response to customer feedback but really recognize t as a money maker.

It's obvious - both mathematically and through observation - that they do not have enough attractions at some of the parks to give away more FP per day or allow people to book more than one "headliner."

The comments on the Dis (not this thread) about how people "love everything about FP+ except the tiering and the limit of 3" are so bizarre to me. Of course, we would all love a system without limits. But the removal of those limits is impossible! The whole thing would implode. Those limitations aren't going anywhere.

What maybe will come out of this feedback process is the removal of the restriction on having FP at multiple parks on the same day. That doesn't create a capacity issue. There's no reason they can't change that - and it helps sell park hoppers, so they can present the change as a response to customer feedback but really recognize t as a money maker.

Spot on! :thumbsup2 And I totally agree that hopping will be the bone they throw to everyone who dislikes FP+ as it exists today. They'll just have to find a way to work out the tiering issue. Maybe by tiering the other 2 parks? :lmao:

This is why I have always liked the concept of Dollywood's Q-bot over anything Disney World has ever done. I know I beat this into the ground but it's very simple and quick to the point. You can do two things with Q-bot. Reserve places for shows and reserve rides. The key is you can only pick a show and a ride at one time and can't pick another to you are in about to enter the show or get on the ride/attraction. You have to pay for Q-bot but why can't Disney just do the same thing without charging?

I mean think about it. Everybody has one choice....just one choice. That's at least going to force people to pick between two attractions or more. You can't take a spot on another attraction until you are about to board your current attraction. You can't take a spot in another show until you are about to see your current show. To me this is problem solved and it works like a charm at Dollywood. Smooth in and out and really doesn't back up the Q-bot or standby lines. Of course having the added addition of a price also helps out with that system.

I'll just add my two cents about on property versus off property. I don't understand why FP is offered to everyone. Personally I feel another thing that would help is if you limited who could get FP. Annual pass holders, DVC's, and staying on Disney World qualifying hotels should be the only one to get FP in my opinion. That cuts down on who can get it so now not every guest in every park has access to it. Throw a charge on top of that and that will free up all this log jam. Then limit one FP at a time. Problem solved. Of course you just peeved everyone that doesn't stay on property or a DVC and who isn't a annual pass holder but they are also in most cases paying less overall for their vacation. Just some food for thought....

I'm still confused why some people going to Disney are having no problem and seeing 20 minute wait times while other people are seeing ridiculous times. There has to be a reason two sets of people are seeing two different things....I mean I'm just saying....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter